AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Milan Management
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i've always kind of wondered this, but is there any specific reason why Conte seems to be the one and only candidate our management likes? It's not that I do not like him, I am just not sure why they are so dead set on him. Sure, he has delivered results at Juve and Chelsea, but he has had issues with transfer policies in both places and is not shy about airing out the dirty laundry in public. He also seems like the kind of coach who is very old school and tough on his players, which can easily wear thin on his players. He would be a fine hire, just not entirely sure why we are so fixated on him as if he is the next coming of prime time Sacchi or Capello.
(10-02-2018, 12:51 AM)slifersd Wrote: [ -> ]i've always kind of wondered this, but is there any specific reason why Conte seems to be the one and only candidate our management likes? It's not that I do not like him, I am just not sure why they are so dead set on him. Sure, he has delivered results at Juve and Chelsea, but he has had issues with transfer policies in both places and is not shy about airing out the dirty laundry in public. He also seems like the kind of coach who is very old school and tough on his players, which can easily wear thin on his players. He would be a fine hire, just not entirely sure why we are so fixated on him as if he is the next coming of prime time Sacchi or Capello.

Who else is available?
(10-02-2018, 12:51 AM)slifersd Wrote: [ -> ]i've always kind of wondered this, but is there any specific reason why Conte seems to be the one and only candidate our management likes? It's not that I do not like him, I am just not sure why they are so dead set on him. Sure, he has delivered results at Juve and Chelsea, but he has had issues with transfer policies in both places and is not shy about airing out the dirty laundry in public. He also seems like the kind of coach who is very old school and tough on his players, which can easily wear thin on his players. He would be a fine hire, just not entirely sure why we are so fixated on him as if he is the next coming of prime time Sacchi or Capello.
Is there any coach that has won multiple league titles in different countries that's highly regarded and  that knows what he wants and needs and can motivate players very well that would accept Milan , and now.
Its not Conte is the 2nd coming of anything.Its that he's legitimately the best current Milan can do IMHO

On him being hard on players , I think ours need that and on the criticizing the club well Juve are dirt you can see how they treated Marchisio and even now forcing Marotta out.Chelsea did nothing Conte requested.If he did come to Milan I'm sure it would be made clear that we can't spend hundreds of millions and that targets should be realistic.
I Wouldn't mind seeing COnte in charge but not if he'll be playing 3 in the back again...
(10-02-2018, 07:04 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any coach that has won multiple league titles in different countries that's highly regarded and  that knows what he wants and needs and can motivate players very well that would accept Milan , and now.
Its not Conte is the 2nd coming of anything.Its that he's legitimately the best current Milan can do IMHO

On him being hard on players , I think ours need that and on the criticizing the club well Juve are dirt you can see how they treated Marchisio and even now forcing Marotta out.Chelsea did nothing Conte requested.If he did come to Milan I'm sure it would be made clear that we can't spend hundreds of millions and that targets should be realistic.

I agree with this, Conte as arguably best alternative. However until last game I still hope Gattuso could make our players PLAY 90 minutes since this is only our biggest problem. So, let see in the next couple of games.
I'd rather we try our luck with Arsene Wenger since he is jobless at the moment.. there is still Capello i think.. and im very sure we can get Rafa Benitez from Newcastle.. he looks miserable there with all the constraints he has doing his job.. also that Leicester City coach who won the EPL.. i forgot his name.. he is around too
big NO to rafa
Even bigger no from me.
I'd take anyone over Conte.. shit.. i rather Montella to come back if im honest.. Conte just seems to rub players the wrong way.. none of the Chelsea players spoke kindly of him.. everyone felt relieved he was gone.. David Luiz.. Hazard.. even Bakayoko.. we dont want a repeat of the Chelsea situation at Milan..
10 - 9 - 8 - 7 Shevchenko's turn now.