AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Milan Management
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just don't see given our current financial position, how we can build and keep. Unless the arrival of the Chinese really changes things for us. In any case, I just want them to start building at least.
there's only so much you can build with financial restrictions, but that's the point, we've seen clubs out there, like Sevilla and Leicester, or even teams like Sassuolo and Empoli that you can build on a limited budget if you're smart. We still have more money than any of these clubs, even if we're getting debt.
Some Italian fans have started this http://www.gallianiout.com/
Milan have been investigated in a match fixing scandal in the 4-2 victory to Frosinone. Can anyone confirm? I read the news on ESPN but I'm not sure if it's reliable or if I read it correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like it's Frosinone that's being investigated, not us. Thank god. That's the last thing we need right now.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Silvio says Leicester City are a model if he maintains control:

http://www.gazzettaworld.com/news/serie-...ster-city/?

It leaves me panicked about the possibility of him maintaining control, because I don't think he'll be prepared to invest. On the comparisons he draws, having team unity and developing young players should be a given regardless of money to invest, the problem is the management blindly ignore the importance of these things and in particular having the right people in the club.

Leicester isn't a fluke or just a fairy tale of a ragtag group of players that achieved glory through sheer will, they've invested a lot in the club's infrastructure and facilities to get the most out of their players and employees. They've deployed a very intelligent scouting project to pick the right players to their project and they've got a manager who understood the strengths and limitations of his group and worked to get the most out of them. They can feasibly grow from here, but it's yet to be seen how consistently they can maintain their growth.

Milan's only influence from Leicester should be to understand how intelligent planning and having a project that builds strong foundations are key starting points towards building towards growth and eventual success. However, how Milan should approach their rebuilding imo should be based on different principles. After all, Milan are a club with resources that Leicester until now could only dream of, while it's a club with a rich history and traditions that should be the cornerstone from which the club looks to reinvent itself in the modern era.
Oh My God!!!! First it was Barcelona! Than it was Bayern! Next Atletico....and now Leicester! What a joke! Watch...whoever has a good season next year...you'll hear this management say that we'll adopt their "model". It's simply getting embarrassing reading these people's quotes!

And not to take anything away from Leicester, but just because they won the title one year, doesn't mean that they are the model to follow. Let's not forget that they almost got relegated last year, and we don't know how they'll perform next year! Not saying that they don't have good things going on for them, as I don't know their structure, scouting, etc. It might be great, but that's besides the point. It's childish to just want the "flavor of the month". We change our policies like they are socks. Every day a new one. We don't give long contracts to players over 30....oh wait, yes we do. We will only sign players 23 and younger...oh wait, never mind. We will have all teams across the club's system play the same way and same formation....oh, never mind, let's hire the two last primavera coaches for the first team and ruin everything. A stadium is the way to go, we have to have a new stadium....oh but Silvio is so attached to it, and he'd rather not invest 250-300 mil, so never mind. On and on and on! Barca, Leicester, Bayern, Atletico....who the hell is next. Just create a structure at the club the way it should be. It's not rocket science. Than believe in it and support it...FOR MORE THAN 1 SEASON!!!

What a group of idiots we have running this club...
(05-31-2016, 01:09 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: [ -> ]Silvio says Leicester City are a model if he maintains control:

http://www.gazzettaworld.com/news/serie-...ster-city/?

It leaves me panicked about the possibility of him maintaining control, because I don't think he'll be prepared to invest. On the comparisons he draws, having team unity and developing young players should be a given regardless of money to invest, the problem is the management blindly ignore the importance of these things and in particular having the right people in the club.

Leicester isn't a fluke or just a fairy tale of a ragtag group of players that achieved glory through sheer will, they've invested a lot in the club's infrastructure and facilities to get the most out of their players and employees. They've deployed a very intelligent scouting project to pick the right players to their project and they've got a manager who understood the strengths and limitations of his group and worked to get the most out of them. They can feasibly grow from here, but it's yet to be seen how consistently they can maintain their growth.

Milan's only influence from Leicester should be to understand how intelligent planning and having a project that builds strong foundations are key starting points towards building towards growth and eventual success. However, how Milan should approach their rebuilding imo should be based on different principles. After all, Milan are a club with resources that Leicester until now could only dream of, while it's a club with a rich history and traditions that should be the cornerstone from which the club looks to reinvent itself in the modern era.

There's no way around it: if Silvio Berlusconi maintains control of our club, we're royally screwed. We will have absolutely no future.  Let's face it, this young ItalMilan project is just an excuse not to spend.  Our management isn't modern or committed enough--financially, but I would also argue emotionally--to invest in our club.  

And the ItalMilan project will also collapse.  Donnarumma's suitors will grow more insistent, and Berlusconi will sell for a high price.  Berlusconi and Galliani have to leave.  These clubs that Berlusconi is throwing out during interviews are clubs who, like you say, have a functional system in place.
So there's talk of Nicholas Gancikoff becoming our new CEO. Does anyone know anything about him? Football Italia describes him as an Anglo-Italian entrepreneur.