AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer mercato 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These days 20m wont even get you Birsa if you were a big club interested and he was under 22. iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnflaaaaaaaaaaaaaation, that oil money looks real good in soccer right now.

The 'talent', or young players they call 'talents' that go for 15m these days are mostly just average. Back in the day 20m was for players like Pato,Neymar,Kaka.. Players who show world class potential. To be honest, Bertolacci (for me) has shown nothing but that he could become a good squad player, an Andrea Poli. IMO the overhyping of players is a big thing now too, mostly English players but anyhow.
Thing is now if Bertolacci signs he'll be our best mid , and ofcourse our "MARQUEEEEEEE" midfield signing.The era of average continues.Even if Bertolacci is slightly above average,
Well..since it looks like we have another season of average player again..
my biggest hope is that Mihajlovic can become our Atletico's Simeone or our Juve's Conte or Lazio's Pioli..let's hope that he can make Milan play as as a team,as a single unit,as a solid unit...(tbh i never saw milan play as a compact team since Ancelotti left)

if he can do that, i'm sure CL spot won't be a problem and who knows we might win Scudetto (just like Conte 1st season with Juve with striker like Matri,Vucinic,Amauri won serieA against Milan with the likes of Ibra,Cassano,Pato)
As our squad is now I see no way we make 3rd.Bertolacci Verdi Ely do not improve is much (if at all) we will need quality players to even challenge.At best I see this squad fighting for 7th/6th/5th.
Despite "supposed" money I dont see Milan signing anyone big.
The way I see it, Bertolacci is a decent signing. I take this in the context that the club will still invest in a top class midfielder. Anyway, Bertolacci for me is around Bonaventura's quality, a player who alone isn't likely to lift the whole team, but within a system with quality players around them, can contribute a lot.

I'm surprised there's so many comments on the price. Right now, Bertolacci is probably worth around 15m, so spending 15-20m (depending on where you read) isn't really too out of the ordinary, it's not like Roma would sell cheap to a rival. Funny thing is, it seems the figures for Higuain (60m), Witsel (45m) and Laporte (42m) were less controversial.

Bacca looks set to be a realistic target according to Sky. I'm personally not that keen on him, but he's an upgrade to Matri lol.
(06-26-2015, 07:53 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: [ -> ]As our squad is now I see no way we make 3rd.Bertolacci Verdi Ely do not improve is much (if at all) we will need quality players to even challenge.At best I see this squad fighting for 7th/6th/5th.

Not really..just look at Lazio/Fiorentina last season..
on paper Milan has a same Decent Squad as them..

in my book Quality Player = Balon d'or Level,player who can create&decide the game by himself...Messi,CR,Ibra,Neymar,Tevez,Robben level
Last season only Juve have Tevez, and Roma have Totti (past his prime).the rest don't have Quality player..only decent or mediocre players..

just compare our squad to Lazio/Fiorentina..we had Decent players = Lopez,italian NT players (Abate,DeSciglio,Palleta,Monto,Poli,ElSha,Cerci), DeJong,Honda, exFranceNT(Mexes,Rami,Menez)....but all looks like S**t and clueless on the field.
While the guys like Parolo,DeVrij,Mauri,Salah looks like Quality Players on the field

also the guys like Saponara,Niang...they looks like a better player playing at Empoli/Genoa..even Juve&Napoli now bid 15M for Saponara (Sold only 4M to Empoli in January).
IMO Currently We have a Decent Squad to Compete for CL Spot..it's up to the Coach to make it happen or Not
Jose Mauri is set to join Milan on a four-year contract, and de Jong will be renewing any day now. I think we are in the process of building a fairly solid midfield here. Van Ginkel and Essien are gone, and Muntari will (hopefully) be leaving as well. That leaves us with Bertolacci, Poli, de Jong, Montolivo and Bonaventura, though I suppose you could include Honda as well. If we're going to play 4-3-1-2, we need a few more players, as Bonaventura and Honda will probably be competing for the trequartista role.

Honestly I think we should replace Poli with someone else, but if Witsel comes, I think we have a very good midfield. Not Scudetto quality, but probably good enough to qualify for the CL.
(06-26-2015, 10:18 AM)devoted_dm Wrote: [ -> ]Van Ginkel and Essien are gone, and Muntari will (hopefully) be leaving as well. That leaves us with Bertolacci, Poli, de Jong, Montolivo and Bonaventura, though I suppose you could include Honda as well. If we're going to play 4-3-1-2, we need a few more players, as Bonaventura and Honda will probably be competing for the trequartista role.

Honestly I think we should replace Poli with someone else, but if Witsel comes, I think we have a very good midfield. Not Scudetto quality, but probably good enough to qualify for the CL.

IMO We should try to buy Van Ginkel...
(06-26-2015, 10:24 AM)ilgrandemilan Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2015, 10:18 AM)devoted_dm Wrote: [ -> ]Van Ginkel and Essien are gone, and Muntari will (hopefully) be leaving as well. That leaves us with Bertolacci, Poli, de Jong, Montolivo and Bonaventura, though I suppose you could include Honda as well. If we're going to play 4-3-1-2, we need a few more players, as Bonaventura and Honda will probably be competing for the trequartista role.

IMO We should try to buy Van Ginkel...

Yeah I would not be opposed to that. He is becoming a quality midfielder, and did really well for us under difficult circumstances this spring.
De Jong has signed a new contract until 2018.