AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer mercato 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wait, the Romagnoli deal is official right? I hope this won't be another Jackson Martinez or Kondogbia signing...
Apparently if our next offer for Witsel is rejected we'll focus everything on Gundogan. Why is Gundogan our backup option!? He's so much more of the type of player we need as a pose to Witsel. Also, we are trying to sign both Soriano and Witsel, not one or the other. The apparent offer for Soriano will be cash + Nocerino.

I'm still optimistic that Ibra will come lol, I have a feeling all this media circus and denials from al khelafi and ibra is just to make it a bigger surprise. If a player like IBrahimovic wants a move he'll get it no matter what, and I doubt he doesnt want to come back.

So we're not necessarily spending like an oil club, but the money and fees were splashing out seems to me like we aren't far off City and PSG tbh. 83m with a few more players coming in seems okay. Mind you, we sold ELS for 20m so it's really 63m spent in total. We said we had 100-150m to spend right?
(08-11-2015, 06:00 AM)WCmilan Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently if our next offer for Witsel is rejected we'll focus everything on Gundogan. Why is Gundogan our backup option!? He's so much more of the type of player we need as a pose to Witsel. Also, we are trying to sign both Soriano and Witsel, not one or the other. The apparent offer for Soriano will be cash + Nocerino.

I'm still optimistic that Ibra will come lol, I have a feeling all this media circus and denials from al khelafi and ibra is just to make it a bigger surprise. If a player like IBrahimovic wants a move he'll get it no matter what, and I doubt he doesnt want to come back.

So we're not necessarily spending like an oil club, but the money and fees were splashing out seems to me like we aren't far off City and PSG tbh. 83m with a few more players coming in seems okay. Mind you, we sold ELS for 20m so it's really 63m spent in total. We said we had 100-150m to spend right?

El Shaarawy is on a loan with an option to buy at 18M. As of this moment, he's still on our books and we haven't received much for him (3M if I recall). 

As for the total transfer kit, it's all been speculation. No one has gone out and said anything about the actual amount. It could be that we only have 100M, meaning that we have just 20M left to spend, for the remaining piece that we need.

I'm not so sure about Ibra coming back to us to be perfectly honest. He doesn't really gain anything by coming back to us.
Today's GdS says that Ibra to Milan is not dead but well, they will say anything to make up news.
Gundogan is always injured. He was injured for 2 years, and since he came back he's nowhere near the level he was before the injury.

As for other transfers, well I hate to see that we are splashing so much money on unproved players. 20 M Bertolacci, 30 M Bacca, 30 M Romagnoli. What happened, it seems that nobody wants to play for Milan anymore. 

What bothers me most, we've payed 30 M for Bacca, and Roma took Dzeko for 15 M + 8 M bonus if they won Scudetto. And Dzeko is a better player, plus he has experience playing for a top club (sort of). The difference is, they will be playing in CL and we won't.  Confused

Bad transfer campaign in last two seasons, as well as gamble with Inzaghi will cost us 50 M this season, at least. And even then I'm not sure that we can get into top three. 

The only hope as it now looks is that we get Ibra back.
(08-11-2015, 12:32 PM)Revolver Wrote: [ -> ]Gundogan is always injured. He was injured for 2 years, and since he came back he's nowhere near the level he was before the injury.

As for other transfers, well I hate to see that we are splashing so much money on unproved players. 20 M Bertolacci, 30 M Bacca, 30 M Romagnoli. What happened, it seems that nobody wants to play for Milan anymore. 

What bothers me most, we've payed 30 M for Bacca, and Roma took Dzeko for 15 M + 8 M bonus if they won Scudetto. And Dzeko is a better player, plus he has experience playing for a top club (sort of). The difference is, they will be playing in CL and we won't.  Confused

Bad transfer campaign in last two seasons, as well as gamble with Inzaghi will cost us 50 M this season, at least. And even then I'm not sure that we can get into top three. 

Why do you say dzeko better than bacca?
Verdi, Zaccardo, Agazzi and one defender will leave according to Milan Channel
(08-11-2015, 01:22 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Verdi, Zaccardo, Agazzi and one defender will leave according to Milan Channel

If it is paletta who leaves, ely will then stay?
WCmilan, where did you see the Gundogan news? I just don't want to get excited over nothing! Big Grin if that really is the case, I hope we get turned down by Zenit, or hell, I'd settle for Juve getting Witsel if we were to get Gundogan in return.

Revolver, to replicate Siregar's question....why is Dzeko better? Yes he's been on the "big scene" longer, but going by the last couple of seasons, there is no way he should be looked at as the better striker. Different players, obviously, but people keep putting Bacca down because he played for Sevilla and hasn't played in the CL. Not a big deal for me. The guy is quality, and in more recent times, imo the better player then Dzeko.

About Gundogan, yes he has had some injuries. But the big one was his back injury, and that is over now. Slowly he has come back to his best imo. Dortmund just isn't the same team that they were, but he is still pulling the strings for them. I watched them a few times this summer, and Gundogan has looked great.
(08-11-2015, 12:32 PM)Revolver Wrote: [ -> ]Gundogan is always injured. He was injured for 2 years, and since he came back he's nowhere near the level he was before the injury.

Bacca is not unproven , Bacca has been prolific for quite a few years.I detect a bit of bias with Dzeko , Dzeko was poor last year 6 goals in 31 games and he's older granted by 6 months but he wouldnt of been better for us in 2015.Bacca is lightening quick a physical monster for a guy only 5'11 and 12 stone or so.He not only has been scoring 25+ these years but assisting a hell of a lot too.
Dzeko is strong in the air and a good finisher (well he was but one season doesn't make a player bad) We didn't go for Dzeko because he is not what we need.Taking the fact he's Bosnian out of the discussion , he just isn't what we need.

Romagnoli has huge potention and 25m over 5 years is a good deal.Makes the balance sheet year to year sexy as well.Bertolacci is a good player not great never will be great , but in 2015 good players cost 20m very good 30m+ etc... Romagnoli Mauri Bertolacci Ely Adriano Bacca will improve us and with an average age of 23 its a hell of a lot better than the previous seasons.AND...AAAND the mercato aint over.