AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer mercato 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-19-2015, 12:06 AM)WCmilan Wrote: [ -> ]I was hoping we'd get anyone but Soriano, I tend to think he's just another rotational player. Is he really any better than NDJ or Montolivo (quality wise) ?

Again, that's not to say that Witsel is but in my personal opinion, he did have that something more. If we directly compare the two players, Witsel has size,strength, tackling ability and short quick passing that he's very well known for and apparently very good at. Soriano doesn't seem to be hailed for anything in particular, and if he was I don't think its anything that Witsel doesnt have either, because neither of them are a Pirlo/regista that I think we need to begin with.

It doesn't look like Miha is going to play with our classic idea of a regista anyways, or a particular player who can control the tempo and spread possession. I think he wants our midfield to be quick and work hard, exchanging quick passes and joining the attack and vice versa (attackers joining the mid/defence). Seems like a high press smoke your opponent all at once type of mentality. We saw in most our preseason that we go all out from the beginning and dont stop attacking, and Miha even said we should never stop trying to score. I like that mentality alot.

If Alex or Paletta leaves, I hope we get another defender somehow, of some type of quality. Someone in the 10-15m range who can make a difference, not asking for too much. Then if we get Soriano I'll support the move, but again I don't think our midfield has any star power tbh. Pjaca will be interesting, and hopefully slot into that trequartista spot.
Would you really prefer anyone to Soriano ? If so why ? what about his game do you not like, what is the reason you'd prefer anyone to Soriano ?
The talk is Soriano isn't going to be the only new midfield signing.On him he's good not great he takes up very good positions is a better passer than 90% of our mids.He is better than Noce Poli Mauri even current Montolivo.

It seems now that Alex will leave and not Paletta which is good.
The Pjaca talk seems to be coming one Croatian source and other Croatian sources rehashing it.I think he isn't coming infact Im certain he isn't.

Id move fore Maksimovic and get rid of Zaccardo Alex Zapata with wages of Zaccardo Alex Zapata thats 10m or so and we should get 6-8m for Zapata could cover Maksimovic.So easy to post taht obviously won't be that easy.

A meeting for Witsel could happen next week , if we have Bertolacci DeJong Witsel Soriano Monty Poli with Bona and Honda being able to slot in its not a bad midfield for a team hoping for 3rd.

Ibra maybe Bacca Menez Cerci Niang Adriano as the attacker is pretty good.

Abate Antonelli Mexes DeSciglio Ely Romagnoli Paletta hopefully Maksimovic (not linked to him I know) it is very capable of 3rd maybe 2nd if all clicks.
I say we could even win the scudetto with your squad jay
(08-19-2015, 08:44 AM)sylrus Wrote: [ -> ]I say we could even win the scudetto with your squad jay

So easy to post it  Devilol but not as easy to achieve it.
Not impossible either , if Ibra does leave PSG im certain he'll come to Milan.Soriano is an easy deal to complete.
I feel that with no one making offers for Witsel as the window nears a close Zenit will sell €25 + some bonuses.
Same with Maksimovic , Torino turned down €13m and €3m bonuses IIRC from Napoli about a month back.So as the window nears and end they'll sell for the highest offer.If he's not as good this year his value could drop.

Ofcourse id prefer Isco or DeBruyne or someone of that quality over Witsel/Soriano but that wont happen.
Klose with a suspected muscle tear. Come on Lazio! Come take Matri! 
It'll be a great gift for his birthday (and for us too)   Sagrin
(08-19-2015, 02:32 PM)Ryo Wrote: [ -> ]Klose with a suspected muscle tear. Come on Lazio! Come take Matri! 
It'll be a great gift for his birthday (and for us too)   Sagrin

If Matri leaves, we then need a backup striker, right?

Right now we have Menez, Cerci, Matri, Niang (injured) who could play there. I do think we need one striker for backup if Matri indeed leaves.
I would rather keep Honda than Cerci if I'm honest. It's been two years he's been playing badly.
(08-19-2015, 03:36 PM)Siregar Wrote: [ -> ]If Matri leaves, we then need a backup striker, right?

Right now we have Menez, Cerci, Matri, Niang (injured) who could play there. I do think we need one striker for backup if Matri indeed leaves.

If Matri were never going to play anyway, if he leaves we could always just use a youth player to fill the gap. No need to go spend money on 4th choice strikers.
A team with a youth 'culture' would already replace Matri with a youth player, regardless of Lazio situation or other possibilities.
who do we have on youth can replace matri??
cutrone?
(08-19-2015, 02:26 AM)Ryo Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Ooops, sorry Rez, for making you look like you're talking to thin air. Was trying to edit my post on the phone and pressed delete instead.

No problem  Okmilan

@sylrus Probably no one completely ready but that's the problem in itself. May be put Petagna on standby Big Grin