AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Summer mercato 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks Jay and WCMilan for clarifying the whole Witsel and Soriano thing.

WC, I think we'll have to just agree to disagree for the moment. Hopefully whichever player (or both) comes, they'll be a success.

From what I've read, if Jose Mauri leaves it would only be on loan (presumably dry), not as a sale. Nocerino seems favourite to make space at this point.
Seems like Arsenal are serious about wanting Cavani instead of Benzema. I doubt PSG would want to lose both Cavani and Ibrahimovic during this transfer window so that may affect our chances to sign Ibrahimovic.
Arsenal are always serious about wanting everyone.
(08-20-2015, 10:48 AM)somedevil Wrote: [ -> ]Arsenal are always serious about wanting everyone.

And not serious when it comes to actually signing them?  Devilol
If you are interested in playing a prediction league on the forum http://www.milanmania.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1132
WOW. Apparently shirts for Ibrahimovic & Soriano have went on sale outside of Milanello ALREADY.
http://m.milannews.it/da-milanello/foto-...ano-185045
Ibrahimovic seems to have the #11 shirt, which is Cerci's right now. Link has photos.
Where is Witsel  Undecided Undecided Undecided

It's a shame that Jose Mauri will be loaned out because I thought maybe he'd be given a chance under Miha. Unfortunately, if both Soriano & Witsel sign, competition is way too high in the midfield IMO. I'm sure Monty and NDJ will also step it up to compete. I think this is the essence of having a strong team, real competition and earning your spots.

Ending the mercato with Ibra,Witsel & Soriano is an A+++++++ for me. If we sell some of our defenders though, I think we should bring someone decent in, even if its a gamble I think our squad will still relatively be prepared. We sign those three, we're fighting for the scudetto IMO.
Shirt sale outside of Milanello, What does that even mean? Some dude stole next week's delivery? Tongue
Illegal vendors outside Milanello? Can't they stop it. Or is it a Curva Sud venture?
Signing Witsel and Soriano would make our midfield dangerous. Witsel, Soriano and Bertolacci are all versatile midfielders who can attack and defend, while also have positional flexibility to switch with one another effectively. Our midfield would get a completely modernized make over where all three players are interchangeable. Hell, with a midfield like that, we wouldn't even need an Ibrahimovic up front. The player movement between midfield and attack would cause havoc on any defensive scheme. Not sure if it will happen or not, as that would be a lot of money to invest and would also make four midfield signings in one window. Berlusconi probably wouldn't be too happy about that lol.
I'm not quite sure, but it seems like a Curva thing. They virtually eliminated Cerci's number, to put Ibrahimovic's name on the 11 shirt, and this is just after they boo'd him the entire coppa italia game. Poor guy, he probably wont even want to stay at this point.

I agree slifersd. Witsel is a real presence in the midfield, and it seems like we're taking the direction that many of us predicted. That is, to not play with a Pirloesque regista. It looks like things will turn up exactly as you said, quick exchanging midfield but also one that presses, defends, attacks and can be physical. I'm sure them three won't be guaranteed starters, there will be competition. Monty and NDJ both have what it takes to compete when on form, and if Bonaventura isn't used as a trequartista so does he.

I'd really like if Jose Mauri is given a chance, but it doesn't look like he will. I'd loan him out, but to another Seria A side, keep him in Italy. Maybe Genoa? Niang worked out well there. I'm also excited for when he comes back, he's shown huge signs of improvement.

Going back to what I was saying earlier, I've also delved into more details on Soriano. Apparently he can play really well as a trequartista, this I didn't know. If he's the type of player that can be a good mez'ala and play as a trequartista than I'd see a real point in signing him because he's something that would work well with our team.