AC Milan Forums - Unofficial

Full Version: Week 34: Napoli - Milan (Sunday, May 3 - 20:45 CET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
From Genoa at home to Napoli away, I don't see our fortunes changing dramatically between those two games. The good news is that Empoli beat Napoli today and they have one eye on their EL fixture next week. The bad news is that I'm sure this uncertainty around the club and coach must be taking a toll on the players who need stability above all. Also, leading to the Empoli game Napoli was in some great goalscoring form. I hope Lopez is ready for the weekend!

No Menez for this game. Do we have any other suspensions?

Discuss!
Mexes and Abate suspended too.
Menez 4 game ban!
(05-01-2015, 02:13 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Menez 4 game ban!

seriously? for what?
(05-01-2015, 06:16 PM)xudong Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2015, 02:13 PM)reza Wrote: [ -> ]Menez 4 game ban!

seriously? for what?

He was caught clearly on camera aiming “insulting remarks at the officials”, according to the Lega Serie A which saw him hit with an additional two game ban – the red card he picked up already ruling him out of this Sunday’s game at Napoli.

However, he saw that suspension extended by a further game after the fourth official reported that he had uttered a “profane insult” while standing on the touchline.

As a result of his behaviour, the ex-Roma man will now miss games against Napoli, his old club the Giallorossi, Sassuolo and Torino although he will return in time for the final game of the campaign against Atalanta.
Yeah, he said some pretty nasty things from what I've heard. It was the most passionate I've seen him in weeks. Big Grin
Mexes, Abate, Menez suspended. Rami, Antonelli, Suso, El Shaarawy, Montolivo, Essien not available. So...

PORTIERI: Abbiati, Diego Lopez, Donnarumma
DIFENSORI: Albertazzi, Alex, Bocchetti, De Sciglio, Bonera, Paletta, Zaccardo, Zapata
CENTROCAMPISTI: De Jong, Poli, Van Ginkel, Bonaventura, Felicioli (37), Gamarra (38)
ATTACCANTI: Cerci, Destro, Honda, Pazzini, Di Molfetta (35),
The gap is 13 points.

About 3 years ago. Galliani said we could become like Napoli after 3 years.

This seems like a match that we cannot win and is allowed to lose, but maybe we can win.

I don't expect much, but the players should at least show some fighting spirit.
Maybe it was a bit unprofessional of Menez to start cursing like that, but I understand his frustration, as he should never have been sent off. It was a massive mistake by the ref, at the worst possible time for us.
I am annoyed too. It reminded me of what happened to Ibrahimovic a few seasons ago. I believe that he also got 4 matches ban.

While in the meantime, Vicinic who played for Juventus almost cursed the crap out of referee got no ban at all, despite also getting caught by the camera.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7