AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Winter Mercato January 2016 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Winter Mercato January 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1141)

RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - nefremo - 01-03-2016

Isco? Big Grin No way!

I'm happy that some players seem to be on the verge of leaving. Nocerino, Suso (left already), Cerci (I hope he does), Lopez (maybe), De Jong (maybe), El Shaarawy (again).

RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - Ryo - 01-04-2016

Nocerino and Suso out, Cerci out, De Jong out only if we can grab a decent midfielder that fits the system, El Shaarawy I'm conflicted because I like the kid.

And seriously, no Isco please. I don't care if he's world class, has there seriously been any player that came to us direct from the BBVA that was actually able to fit our system?

Ronaldinho? Not really...
Ronaldo? For like 10 matches?
Huntelaar? Uh....7 goals?
Bojan? Hrm.... 3 goals?
Jose Mari? Uh.... 5 goals?
Javi Moreno? 2 goals?
Ricardo Oliviera? Don't get me started...
I would even put Cerci in this group, since he came back from Athletico....

Past and current history makes me think that Spanish League attackers just don't have what it takes to adapt to our system.

Winter Mercato January 2016 - PerSempre - 01-04-2016

(01-04-2016, 03:14 AM)Ryo Wrote: Nocerino and Suso out, Cerci out, De Jong out only if we can grab a decent midfielder that fits the system, El Shaarawy I'm conflicted because I like the kid.

And seriously, no Isco please. I don't care if he's world class, has there seriously been any player that came to us direct from the BBVA that was actually able to fit our system?

Ronaldinho? Not really...
Ronaldo? For like 10 matches?
Huntelaar? Uh....7 goals?
Bojan? Hrm.... 3 goals?
Jose Mari? Uh.... 5 goals?
Javi Moreno? 2 goals?
Ricardo Oliviera? Don't get me started...
I would even put Cerci in this group, since he came back from Athletico....

Past and current history makes me think that Spanish League attackers just don't have what it takes to adapt to our system.

Bacca?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - am I Milan enough? - 01-04-2016

Good news. Urby signing for Verona.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - Arildonardo - 01-04-2016

Rumours say we had a loan offer for Marouane Fellaini rejected.

RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - nefremo - 01-04-2016

Thank god it was rejected......if it is true. Fellaini is another hacker. We have enough players that struggle under pressure and and can't bring the ball out of the back comfortably, never mind create something in the final third. Why we would be even slightly interested in this guys is beyond me.

Juventus linked to Gundogan and Isco again. I don't want to sound like the "Juventus is so great - Milan is so bad" type of guy on the forum........but man, I gotta say, I wish that WE had a realistic chance of getting those guys.

Close the deal on Banega already, and than go in for Ben Arfa after Cerci is gone. Clean up the squad of some of the deadweight if possible and than maybe another opportunistic signing if something comes up (not strikers though....but hopefully something in the back line). This is a low cost operation and it'll really lift our squad in quality. It's funny to say it, but I really think the additions of Banega and Ben Arfa can make us serious contenders for a CL spot.

----------------Donarumma-------------------
Abate ------- Alex --- Roma ------Antonelli
----------- Berto --------Banega -------------
Ben Arfa ------------------------- Bonaventura
---------------------------Niang-----------------
-------------Bacca-------------------------------

You can easily move Banega/Bertolacci up to Niang's spot and insert Montolivo/Kucka there and make it a 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1. Also, remember that we will still have Honda and Adriano which will give us plenty of options.....and if Menez stays and is healthy, than he will be another weapon that can bring a lot to the table.

It's maybe questionable to think that 2 inclusions in the team will make us that much better, but think about it..............if we had something more in midfield, and if our right side was just as productive as our left one (Bonaventura), than the look of our side will change drastically. Add to that the hope that Bertolacci actually stays injury free this second half of the season, and we can be very optimistic.
Ben Arfa, in his current form (and if he keeps his head together like he's been doing in Nice), is twice the player Cerci is. He can take players on in many different ways while also having a ton of pace. He can create and not just run with the ball. He will give us a whole different dimension on the left side. He is good in tight spaces and is a menace to deal with for defenders. Banega will finally be that midfielder that doesn't care if he is under pressure or not. He won't lose the ball easily and can reliably bring it out of our own half without many issues. He can also create a lot for our attacking players.

The core of this team is not bad. It's actually pretty solid. It's not world class, but it's reliable enough. We need some class players around them now though. Donnarumma, Romagnoli, Bertolacci, Bonaventura, Bacca.........this is a good group to build on. What we need is 2-3 class players which will also raise the level of the players I just mentioned. It seems like many times before we've been close to creating a good team, but than for some reason we go backwards and sign players we absolutely don't need and don't add anything to the team. I hope that we don't do that again.

RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - slifersd - 01-05-2016

Latest update:

ELS deal is on hold as we keep negotiating with Monaco to pay a little money. I think we are basically pissed at them for pulling a Galliani, and are trying to be an ass hole about this;

Cerci to Genoa deal is on hold because the Qatari fund who owns his rights don't like the destination;

Ely is now being kept, and we are looking to get rid of Mexes in January instead.

Man, this is so classic Milan. Drawing up game plans for the mercato at the last second, and then taking all the way until the last second of the mercato to execute on anything. We have a very important and difficult January to deal with, but basically can't expect any help from new players. By the time the players signed, we'd be 15 points away from CL spot and won't really need them anyway. You do you, Galliani!

RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - Arildonardo - 01-05-2016

Jemerson... Anybody seen him play or have heard anything about him?

http://www.football-italia.net/77905/milan-bid-%E2%82%AC105m-jemerson

Winter Mercato January 2016 - PerSempre - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 08:47 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: Jemerson... Anybody seen him play or have heard anything about him?

http://www.football-italia.net/77905/milan-bid-%E2%82%AC105m-jemerson

The next Thiago Silva Big Grin

RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - Arildonardo - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 08:59 PM)PerSempre Wrote: The next Thiago Silva Big Grin

We can always dream.  Sagrin