AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Winter Mercato January 2016 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Winter Mercato January 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1141)

RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - slifersd - 01-07-2016

I think we can forget about Banega, Witsel or any worthwhile players this mercato. Berlu has completely lost faith in Miha, and won't sign off on any major deal, even if it doesn't cost him any money. At this point, we have to stick with what we have and make the best out of this situation.

RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - Arildonardo - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 10:17 AM)slifersd Wrote: I think we can forget about Banega, Witsel or any worthwhile players this mercato. Berlu has completely lost faith in Miha, and won't sign off on any major deal, even if it doesn't cost him any money. At this point, we have to stick with what we have and make the best out of this situation.

True, that's how Berlusconi works. He doesn't understand that times have changed, it's not enough to be called Milan to win. We need top players and coaches like we "always" had before. When an owner does not believe in the coach anymore, there's no point waiting because there is no way back. We're lost as things stand now.

RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - Jay Crisp - 01-07-2016

Berlu furious , fire Miha pay his salary lose money.Hire Brocchi same issue midtable or worse GRAZIE

RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - am I Milan enough? - 01-07-2016

Lol at Berlu being furious, he should look next to him where Galli is, and behead him for those silly mistakes year in year out.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - devoted_dm - 01-07-2016

(01-07-2016, 11:33 AM)Arildonardo Wrote: True, that's how Berlusconi works. He doesn't understand that times have changed, it's not enough to be called Milan to win. We need top players and coaches like we "always" had before. When an owner does not believe in the coach anymore, there's no point waiting because there is no way back. We're lost as things stand now.

He's a crazy old man these days, and he doesn't understand the realities of Milan's situation. We went for three years without having any money for transfers, and after investing 100 million on the market he thinks we're good enough to be a top 3 team in a league as strong as Serie A? The players we brought in this summer are good, but if you look at the squad as a whole, we are behind the other big clubs in the league.
Berlusconi obviously doesn't see this, and also does not understand that he needs to sell the club. Like, really sell it, give up the majority share, and let someone else take over. We've had some fantastic years with him in charge, and I don't think there is a Milan fan who is not grateful for what he has done for the club, but enough is enough. When players get too old and can't perform anymore, they retire. It's a shame club presidents (and vice presidents) don't do the same. The curva will be protesting for the rest of the season, and hopefully someone will listen to them at some point.

RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - slifersd - 01-07-2016

I don't know all the intricacies of the Milan management, but there is just something really weird about the way things are run to me. In the last two years, Galliani has picked coaches that Berlu didn't like in Inzaghi and Miha. As a result of this, Berlu has been constantly pointing fingers at the coaches and demanding changes to personnel and tactics or whatever. This creates a huge problem for the coaches, because he basically has to serve a master who didn't pick him for this job. In North American sports (NBA, NFL, etc), there is always this unwritten rule that teams follow. You hire a GM first to run the team, and have that GM choose his coaches. This way, the GM and coach are more likely to be on the same page when it comes to team operations.

For our next coach, Berlu and Galli need to figure out how they want to run things at the top. Either Berlu goes away from the team and let Galli run everything, or he become a hands on owner and make Galli his puppet. I don't really care either way how they want to do things. Once they establish that, then whoever is actually running the team choose the coach and work with the coach on everything. Our current management structure is confusing and ineffective. If Berlu wants to be involved so much, then he should go pick his coach and determine how everything should go, not let Galli do it.

RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - devoted_dm - 01-08-2016

Lippi is being mentioned a lot as a possible replacement for Mihajlovic. Personally I'd like Miha to get a few seasons, because I like his style and it's obvious that the situation is not his fault. However, I think we'll lose against Roma on Saturday and then he'll be sacked next week regardless of how we do in the Coppa. If that happens, I quite like the idea of Lippi coming in, though only until the end of the season. A coach with his level of experience is exactly what the team needs right now, someone they will follow blindly.

RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - slifersd - 01-08-2016

Lippi is certainly a much much better option than Brocchi. An experienced mind like Lippi is exactly what this team needs right now to at least drag its ass to an EL spot instead of nose dive like it did last year under Inzaghi. Lippi, as i remember, was also a pretty good player manager that can unite a locker room. And this same locker room has been a huge problem for us in a few seasons in a row now. When we win, the players get lazy and complacent. When we lose, they run around like wild idiots and try to drop kick their opponents.

The other thing is, even when we pick our next coach, we should also focus on someone that is more established than our last four coaches. Berlu does not respect these young coaches who have not win major trophies, but he has to respect someone like Mourinho or Ancelotti. He wouldn't have the balls to give crap to those guys while ranting on public television, because he knows those guys know more about soccer than he does. It is an interesting idea to have a young coach and some young players to grow together, unfortunately, Berlu can't handle a rebuild.

RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - Jay Crisp - 01-08-2016

I dont know about Lippi , football has changed since he last managed a club in Europe , that was 12 years ago.Hes done nothing of note in a decade.Maybe im worrying for nothing , but it may not go as smoothly as some thing.Hes notorious for not using young players and relying on old hands.

RE: Winter Mercato January 2016 - Sheldon - 01-08-2016

AC Milan captain discredited before irate fans

Following both his on and off the pitch failings in the defeat to Bologna, the legitimacy of the Italian has been dealt a severe blow as he became the subject of jeers and whistles from the San Siro crowd

With each passing games the AC Milan supporters are losing more and more patience, and Riccardo Montolivo has become the latest target of their anger.

The Rossoneri faithful have long been critical of the club hierarchy and new coach Sinisa Mihajlovic over the course of the season, with it all reaching a boiling point following their home loss to Bologna on Wednesday.

Boos and whistled rained down from the San Siro stands, and Montolivo bore the brunt of them as he was at fault for the goal as well as at the fans took exception to his raised thumb gesture.

The Rossoneri captain’s motion was seen by the fans as sarcastic and out of not in line with the mood of the moment, which was one of shame and disillusion.

It turned the ex-Fiorentina man into a sort of symbol of the shambolic Milan team, which was made clear to him know when he was taken off to a chorus of boos with seven minutes to go.

Indeed it likely wasn’t surprising to the 30-year-old, who had himself admitted it was normal and that he understood the reaction and aggravation of the San Siro crowd.

“I know we have not been performing well,” Montolivo confessed to the press in the buildup to the Bologna clash. “The whistles are deserved and will serve as motivation for us to do better in the future.”

Despite his words however and failed attempts to get his teammates to stand before the fans after the defeat, the supporters simply don’t see the Italy international as a legitimate captain.

For both his inability to rally his teammates — Alex and Carlos Bacca refused to follow him to apologise to the Curva Sud — and his mistake that allowed Emanuele Giaccherini to score the winner, Montolivo now looks an isolated figure.

Especially considering he inherited the armband from Nigel De Jong, who always led by example, his display and general attitude after Wednesday’s loss looks to have lost him all credibility in terms of deserving to be Milan captain — at least in the eyes of the fans.

http://gazzettaworld.gazzetta.it/features/ac-milan-montolivo-discredited-fans/