AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Mathieu Flamini - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Players (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Mathieu Flamini (/showthread.php?tid=117)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Mathieu Flamini - Best-Pundit - 05-30-2011

It amazes me that to read posts about the idea of selling Flamini. I would love to know why fans want him to go? Because he is one of those players who does the dirty job on the pitch? Every teams needs some one for that job. Even Barcelona has tow of those kind of players.

I in a favor of giving him a permanent place in the side ahead of Gattuso. Continuity would bring consistence in his performance. He could form a bullet proof defensive midfield along with MVB & KPB

Share comments on Flamini please! Devilcool

RE: Mathieu Flamini - fLame - 05-30-2011

He is mediocre, especially considering his wage bill. He fights hard and can win balls, but otherwise his movement an passing are... mediocre.

RE: Mathieu Flamini - theaxeofpain - 05-30-2011

He's a decent player imo. He'll never be as good as Gattuso in his prime, and he isn't better than Gattuso now to be honest. His wages are a bit high for his ability, so I think with a lower wage he can sit on the bench as a squad player. But I wouldn't mind him being replaced with a good DM prospect like say N'Koulou or M'Vila.

RE: Mathieu Flamini - Aficio - 05-30-2011

1. His wage
2. His tackles are not strong enough (to be compare with Gattuso, Ambrosini and Van Bommel)
3. His tactically positioning, though that was improved under Allegri

RE: Mathieu Flamini - ACM2023 - 05-30-2011

(05-30-2011, 01:31 PM)fLame Wrote: He is mediocre, especially considering his wage bill. He fights hard and can win balls, but otherwise his movement an passing are... mediocre.

damn it, fLame, did you have to say just everything that I wanted to say? AngrySagrin

ok, one last thing to add: we ought to sell him NOW as he still has cash value; soon even that will be gone. Devilconfused

RE: Mathieu Flamini - shegs - 06-01-2011

His finishing is woeful, his touches are almost as bad as mine can be at times (and I haven't been playing a lot over the last 6 months or so!) and his tackling at times are ill-timed and ultra-cynical. He shouldn't be anywhere near the first eleven. If anyone comes with a reasonable offer, I'm with Xudong, we should sell him.

RE: Mathieu Flamini - ACM2023 - 05-04-2012

(06-01-2011, 09:25 PM)shegs Wrote: His finishing is woeful, his touches are almost as bad as mine can be at times (and I haven't been playing a lot over the last 6 months or so!) and his tackling at times are ill-timed and ultra-cynical. He shouldn't be anywhere near the first eleven. If anyone comes with a reasonable offer, I'm with Xudong, we should sell him.

Can you believe that it has been an entire year since last post in this thread? It has also been almost an entire season that has passed and finally Flamini started to play a few minutes for Milan. It is amazing that this guy alone has missed more games than all players in Jube combined (I believe that I saw that statistic somewhere).

I wish that we sold him last summer; now that ship has sailed. We will lose him (this is not the part that saddens me) for nothing (this is).

Quote:Flamini will leave Milan
By Football Italia staff

Mathieu Flamini is being paired with former club Marseille as a summer move away from Milan looks almost certain.

The midfielder is one of 10 players at San Siro with contracts expiring and a Bosman switch is on the horizon.

Flamini joined the Rossoneri in the summer of 2008 on a free transfer after his contract at Arsenal ran down. Juventus were also very keen.

The Frenchman has never been a regular in the Rossoneri starting XI and he’s not played at all this season.

He’s now back to full fitness after knee ligament damage, but recently aired his frustration at not being given a chance by boss Massimiliano Allegri.

Flamini is Milan’s second highest paid player at the club. His €4.5m annual salary is only lower than Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s €9m wage.

Possible destinations for the international include Marseille, an outfit where he started his career before his 2004 switch to the Premiership.

If he moved back to Marseille, that would be the ultimate trolling on the French side. In the summer of 2004, Flamini refused to renew his contract just so that he could move to Arsenal with a high salary thanks to his Bosman status. He did that again to Arsenal in 2008 and came to Milan for a 4.5M annual salary. Another four years passed, will he pull another one off? Aktion060

If that actually happened, I really wonder how Marseille fans would react to the news? LOL.

RE: Mathieu Flamini - Best-Pundit - 05-04-2012

Am I the only one who wants him to stay? he could be the one of the hard working buch of AC Milan next seaon:

Nocerino, Boateng, Monty, Flamini, Asamoa ..... sounds great to me at least

RE: Mathieu Flamini - Beppe - 05-04-2012

I also want him to stay! I prefer him over some Bakaye Traore and the linked players like Mudingayi...

RE: Mathieu Flamini - Aficio - 05-04-2012

If he agrees 2M/year and stays injury free, yes. His hard work on the hospital bed couldn't bring anything Big Grin