AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer Mercato 2016 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer Mercato 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1215)

Summer Mercato 2016 - PerSempre - 06-23-2016

10M for Lapadula is wayy better then 18-25M for Pavoletti. This isn't a bad signing. Well done Galliani. Now if we can get Paredes for 10M, Vazquez for 15M, Mamana, and maybe Ibra, I'd actually begin to forgive Galliani for all the things he's done last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - nefremo - 06-23-2016

So who is leaving? Adriano, Bacca, Niang, Menez?

I understand that sometimes you have to pull the trigger on a move because of competition....but time and time again we prioritize strikers ahead of everything else. I have hope that it'll be better this summer.

I have only seen youtube videos of Lapadula, so I can't say that I have an opinion on him. I can only hope that we have done extensive scouting on him and that he is well worth the 10mil we are apparently spending on him.

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - devoted_dm - 06-23-2016

Well, we know Menez is leaving. That's been confirmed by his agent. I would think Adriano might leave too. He was practically sold in January, after all. And apparently Galliani was furious with Niang after he jumped off that roof in Florida, so there's been talk about him being sold to Leicester (I think it was). We also know there have been offers for Bacca, though I think he's actually the one we're the most likely to keep, especially if the club is sold. The other three though... I wouldn't be surprised if they're all gone after this summer.

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - porcho - 06-23-2016

please no to Vasquez. Although I think he would be a handy signing but not at the expense of losing Mauri. Mauri I feel needs to be give a good go and he could become a good midfielder for us. Ely, I'm not so sure... I'd be happy for Ely and 18mill I would be ok with. But I wouldn't let Mauri go... We should give them Honda instead.

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - WCmilan - 06-24-2016

Apparently a lot of clubs are pissed of that we signed Lapadula. Di Francesco (Sassuolo) said he has a bad taste in his mouth because they were apparently supposed to sign him.

The story is that Galliani was very close to signing Pavoletti, and apparently Preziosi was supposed to bring Lapadula to Genoa. Then Berlusconi ordered Galliani to buy Lapadula, thus blowing the deal for Pavoletti.

Drama drama Big Grin

(06-23-2016, 09:16 PM)nefremo Wrote: So who is leaving? Adriano, Bacca, Niang, Menez?

I understand that sometimes you have to pull the trigger on a move because of competition....but time and time again we prioritize strikers ahead of everything else. I have hope that it'll be better this summer.

I have only seen youtube videos of Lapadula, so I can't say that I have an opinion on him. I can only hope that we have done extensive scouting on him and that he is well worth the 10mil we are apparently spending on him.

27 goals in serie b should translate to 10-12 goals in Serie a, in which case he would be a better signing than Pavoletti for half the price Big Grin

Personally regarding Ibra, I had a gut feeling even with ManU rumours that there was a chance of him coming back. I'm just starting not to believe them, because it looks like Ibra would've been much more of a Chinese project than a Berlusconi project.

However, it seems like were following Berlu's model. We signed Lapadula, and apparently Galliani is making an offer for Saponara to return - he met with Empoli president today, also Paredes was apparently talked about. We also apparently asked about Pjacas availability, talent this kid.

So, it seems like the 'young italian project' is the route we're taking, in which case perhaps the Chinese backed out.This isn't all that bad, I'm just afraid we'll fall further behind. Even if the squads exciting and all, Juve are already much stronger and I'd imagine we're going to see some big signings for Merda with their new Chinese owners.

On Vazquez, I don't agree with Mauri, Ely and 18m going their way. Ely and 18m maybe, but I think the 18m alone should suffice. He's definitely very talented, and probably one of the most elegant players in Serie A.. Not much doubt he'd do really well for us, but not if we need to overpay.

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - slifersd - 06-24-2016

I know a lot of analysts and fans alike are reading into these market movements and speculating on what it means for the takeover deal. But in all honesty, I don't think these moves mean a damn thing. Whether the takeover is successful or not, Berlu was always going to stick around and run things for a couple of years. And he seems hell bent on starting a brand new project, which is not a bad decision if i am honest. The Milan environment right now is too toxic for even established stars to really do much, so going young and rebuild from the ground up might actually be a smart decision.

Well, the reason being is that Berlusconi said if the Chinese don't buy Milan he'll go ahead and build a young Italian team.. Worth speculating, but then again half the stuff he says has been questionable Big Grin

PS. Lapadula spent 8 years (pretty much most of his youth career) playing with Juves youth club...

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - porcho - 06-24-2016

Lapadula is a good start. Add Saponara and Paredes and we're looking much better. Not as good as I would like but much better. Just need to find homes for all the dead wood in the team...

Players that need to go;
Diego Lopez
Agazzi/Gabriel
Mexes
Menez
Honda
Alex
Matri
Adriano(if we don't end up selling Niang) or else I would keep him
I'd love to get rid of Monto but looks like we're stuck with him

I'm also ok to lose Bacca but only if we end up signing Ibra.
I would keep Suso, hopefully with a better coach and the right system he might pull off some performances like he did at Genoa. Keep Paletta as an option for CB considering we don't have huge amounts of money to spend.
Bring back Mastour and loan him off to Serie B
Candreva would also be a good signing. Gives us some more options...

Means we still need a Gk(who knows), a CB(mamanna), plus an upgrade on a current midfielder would be good. We're desperately missing a proper leader in the middle of the park.

For a team on a budget, it wouldnt be half bad. Not amazing, but definitely an upgrade on this year.

And of course, definitely a new coach. And all this only if we do not get bought out. Or else you would hope there would be heaps more money to spend on new players.

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - nefremo - 06-24-2016

The whole thing about the sale not happening at this point is obviously because Lapadula is Italian. CorSport has said that the deal was done with the agreement of the Chinese. I'm sure that there is a plan in place at this point. Or at least I hope.

A few weeks ago there was a report that came out and said that Milan will have about 60mil to operate on the market while the negotiations are going down. That money was coming from Fininvest, so maybe they don't even need permission from the Chinese, but that's highly unlikely. No company will spend 60mil just weeks before they sell the majority shares. No need for it.

So the only thing that makes sense is like CorSport said, that this is done in collaboration with the Chinese investors. It's no coincidence that Galliani had a meeting with Gancikoff last week. Everything seems to have started happening after that meeting. Maybe Galliani was given permission to pursue certain targets. Who knows. But the whole saga about Berlu changing his mind at this point is rubbish. Clearly there is a deal in place. You don't negotiate for 2 months, get to this point, and know the whole time that you won't sign. Maybe Berlu would, but way too many Fininvest officials have been involved at this point. It's all just media games and guesses about this change of heart thing. The deal will happen.

Porcho, you bring up good points but it's simply impossible to make a plan of who to keep and who not to when we don't even know who the coach will be. For example if we are going with Giampaolo and a 4312 than what's the point of Suso. I like the player. But he won't have a part on that set up so we may as well cash in. Just an example.

Also, an interesting hypothesis....if the Evergrande group (who is involved in Guangzhou Evergrande) is part of this Chinese consortium, than they can easily let's say spend 25 mil on L.Adriano. In reality they won't be "spending" anything, just "transferring" funds from one account (Guangzhou) into another (Milan) and than using that 25mil to sign a player for Milan. So in other words they can sign 2 players for 25mil (50 all together on the books), but in reality they only spent 25mil. For 25 mil they get Adiano to China, and for that same 25 mil they get a new player for Milan. Does this make sense to anyone?