AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer Mercato 2016 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer Mercato 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1215)

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - am I Milan enough? - 08-11-2016

Only Galliani knew how good he is but he kept it from us.

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - nefremo - 08-11-2016

Well reports are saying that we are only going after Bentancur after Galliani met Raiola and a couple of other agents/intermediaries in Ibiza. Apparently one of them is the intermediary for this deal. That kind of puts a spin on it for me personally. I mean, have we even extensively scouted the guy or are we going after him because Raiola's friends are saying for us to do so.

I fully understand that contacts can be everything in this world and without them you can not succeed.....but it would be nice for us to scout a player extensively, and approach their agent afterwards......rather than going for players that are recommended to us by the agents in the first place.

Maybe this is a false report, I don't know. I hope it's not true and I hope that there is more to it.

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - ACM2023 - 08-11-2016

I hope the new owner will keep Raiola and Raiola's friends far, far away from our club. Just disgusting.

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - ZvonimirBoban - 08-11-2016

Fcuk Galliani, Raiola, Ibiza and all those stuff

Pedulla says that Juventus has expressed their interest in taking Bentancur with their option.

Juventus is going to drive the price up on us. They are going to screw us on the deal. 
Whatever, let them have him. Let's just go for Coric if we want a young midfielder. 

A lot of talk about Salvio as well. I am not sure about him. His career has been going downhill due to injuries and there is no way he is worth the 25 mil. 

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - reza - 08-11-2016

Juventus have a set price option on him, I remember it from the Tevez transfer, they can't just drive it up, if they do it would be as much or more Boca's fault as Juve's

Their option states that they can buy him for 9.4mil until next summer, or if someone offers more than that they get first refusal and can match the price. So if Milan offers 12mil, they have the ability to match that....if Milan offers 15, they can match that. So in other words, Milan has to raise the offer to an amount that Juventus will not be willing to pay....effectively driving the price up.

Of course, Milan can just offer 9.4mil and than duke it out with Juventus in terms of the offer to tge player. I'm not sure we want another Pjaca fiasco...

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - reza - 08-11-2016

I thought the 9.4 is a discount for Juve, not something Juve have any more power on. Boca can always ask and get more from other teams but if Juve want him then Boca will be obliged to accept 9.4 and not get anything more. What you describe makes it pointless for any other team, not just Milan, to go after the player (until 2017).

Not sure I understand what you mean. Why would it be pointless to go for the player until 2017?

As far as I've understood their arrangement.....

Juventus can get the player until 2017 for 9.4mil...IF nobody offers more. They pretty much have a fixed price for him if nobody else enters the race.

If another team enters the race and offer 15mil for example, than Juventus can't just buy him for 9.4 and they have to offer 15mil as well (match the offer). If they match the offer, Boca has to accept Juventus's bid. So in order words they have first refusal rights.

Obviously, if the player refuses to go to Juventus than that's a different issue...but I don't think that's going to happen. So if we want Juventus out of the equation, we have to offer as much as they are not willing to match. Thats assuming they want to go for the player.

Eitger way, reports are so mixed every other hour. Now they are saying that Juventus has informed Boca of their interest of the player, but have no intention of going over the 9.4mil.

If im understanding you correctly, you are saying that even if Milan offers 15, Juventus can still offer only 9.4 and take the player. Maybe you are right, not sure. In that case we might as well offer only 9.4 and see what happens.

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - ACM2023 - 08-11-2016

I really don't know which version is right because anything is possible!

but nefremo's version makes more sense. Reza, as usual, is just crazy. Grinundwech