AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer Mercato 2016 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer Mercato 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1215)

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - am I Milan enough? - 04-11-2016

Pavoletti? I'd rather we stick with Matri (than adding number of bodies in the club)..

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - Jay Crisp - 04-11-2016

Juventus will reportedly hand Domenico Berardi a five-year contract when they sign him from Sassuolo

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - nefremo - 04-11-2016

There is no way we are getting Berardi without Di Francesco.....and it looks like we are not getting Di Francesco, so there goes that.

I am ok with that though. Berardi is a great young player and looks set for a bright future, but there are other options for that position that won't cost as much and will give immediate results.

Unfortunately, I think we all need to come to terms with the fact that we can't really sign stars from Europe right now. Our best option is to sign good players within Italy (there aren't that many that we can afford anyway), get experienced players (or great youth) from outside of Europe that have not been really hyped yet (Brazil, Argentina, etc), or get young prospects from Europe that haven't hit their big stride yet.

Within Italy, imo the only players that we should be interested in is the big players of other teams. (Pjanic, Higuain, Naingolan, Berardi etc, etc. NOTE, I'm not saying we will buy these players as we clearly have 0% chance of that which is EXACTLY my point. NO NEED to buy players like Pavoletti just for them to make a ton of money, eat our budget, contribute very little and be a burden to us for years. IF we can't sign the likes of Pjanic, Vidal, etc, from Italy....than LOOK ELSEWHERE! Don't pile up shit players just because they are from Italy and they are Italian or they are "used to the league".

From around Europe.....it's hard to take big players from big teams or big leagues for us right now. So we should be looking at young/er players that haven't made it big yet (like Oliver Torres, like Joel Veltman, like Klaassen, etc)....or look for established players outside of big leagues like Douglas Costa was. The guy WAS OFFERED to us last summer. We could've signed him for around 25mil after all the trouble in Ukraine....but people were saying that he hasn't proven himself in big competitions, etc......but guess what....we CAN'T sign players that have proven themselves in big competitions.

From outside of Europe, naturally South America......this will probably be our best option if we do our homework and scout, scout, scout, scout! There is a lot of raw talent in South America. Players like Mammana, players like Lucas Lima. We just have to do our homework, and move early before others start throwing crazy money at them and completely get us out of the game.

The biggest need we have, is the NEED TO SEE THAT CHANGE IS NEEDED in our approach and transfer strategies. The problem?...like many have said, is the fact that Berlusconi and Galliani don't want to see it that way.

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - am I Milan enough? - 04-11-2016

Do we even have scouts? Ive been wondering that..If we do have, surely they never knew a simple database called FM ( football manager) ..

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - nefremo - 04-11-2016

Haha, yea. Funny enough, a few years ago there was news that Arsene Wenger uses FM to player info.

I used to play FM in my younger days quite a bit.....but I haven't owned FM in 3 years now.....(just takes up too much of my time Big Grin)....but it is crazy how good their data base is. They've done an excellent job of "predicting" future stars and promising players, etc. Of course, they've missed a lot too and there is always players in there that are made to be very good but disappoint in real life.....but either way, their "scouting" network is miles ahead of anything Milan has clearly.

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - slifersd - 04-11-2016

Milan's infrastructure is utterly crap, there is no question about that. We have an almost dictator-like person at the top making literally all the decisions without any semblance of checks and balances. And underneath him, we have a boat load of yes men who live to kiss his ass instead of doing their jobs correctly. The result is a club who keeps finding new ways to make mistakes and repeat the same mistakes over and over.

We have absolutely zero chance of improving and getting back to our winning ways without a major shakeup in our infrastructure. If Galliani can't be let go (lord knows why), then make him accountable for his mistakes, empower his employees to challenge status quo and reward those who actually spent time doing their jobs instead of kissing asses. For the life of me, I cannot understand why this team insist on employing people who are friends with some powerful people instead of being good at what they do. No business in the world runs on that kind of practice except for us.

With proper scouting, we can get back to winning in a couple of years even without spending a ton. There are always market inefficiencies and situations that we can take advantage of, like we did with Seedorf and Pirlo back in the day. Our issue is that Galliani is too lazy to actually go and explore these inefficiencies these days. He is only interested in calling his agent friends and make the easy deals instead of the difficult ones that would require his ass to actually work.

Milan have hired Francesco Bega, former Genoa's youth sporting director, as a scout for the first team [Corriere della Sera].

Speaking of scouts haha GENOAAAAAA

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - reza - 04-11-2016

Do they have to build him a new office? Cause we sure didn't have scouts Tongue

Nah , he's gunna share with Brocchi using Mihas old office Smile

RE: Summer Mercato 2016 - slifersd - 04-11-2016

Miha is going to get sacked, Brocchi taking over! Berlu finally gets the man he always wanted! Huzzah for better days ahead!