AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Winter Transfer Window 2017 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Winter Transfer Window 2017 (/showthread.php?tid=1377)

RE: Winter Transfer Window 2017 - Jay Crisp - 02-11-2017

Our supposed budget isnt going to do much in the way of star signings , unless we plan on buying 1 star and 3 or 4 average players.Kind of frightening really that we coild spend the €130m and say €40m from Bacca and Niang and other sales and still miss out on UCL while sounking €170m

RE: Winter Transfer Window 2017 - nefremo - 02-11-2017

Can't blame anyone for not wanting Motta. It's a very understandable opinion.

Depends on what you are talking about when you say a star. For example, (not that we have a chance of this, but just for the sake of the conversation), if we are talking about Aubameyang type of stars, than you are absolutely right as that would eat up close to 100mil. But there are plenty of "stars" that can be bought for around 50mil, even in today's market.

I am not too concerned with star names anyway to be honest. It's just important that we buy players that: 1) fit our project and the coach's ideas; 2) are also on the upside and have been performing for some time; 3)are about to perhaps become stars (Dahoud for example).
Instead of players that are: 1) not needed but free; 2) used to be stars and we are signing them of hope that they get back to levels of years ago (never ever works out); 3) their agents are Galliani's friends; 4) Genoa players

I think if it's the right players, buying 3 40-50mil players and 1 20-30mil player will be more than sufficient enough.

RE: Winter Transfer Window 2017 - Jay Crisp - 02-11-2017

(02-11-2017, 01:50 PM)nefremo Wrote: Can't blame anyone for not wanting Motta. It's a very understandable opinion.

Depends on what you are talking about when you say a star. For example, (not that we have a chance of this, but just for the sake of the conversation), if we are talking about Aubameyang type of stars, than you are absolutely right as that would eat up close to 100mil. But there are plenty of "stars" that can be bought for around 50mil, even in today's market.

I am not too concerned with star names anyway to be honest. It's just important that we buy players that: 1) fit our project and the coach's ideas; 2) are also on the upside and have been performing for some time; 3)are about to perhaps become stars (Dahoud for example).
Instead of players that are: 1) not needed but free; 2) used to be stars and we are signing them of hope that they get back to levels of years ago (never ever works out); 3) their agents are Galliani's friends; 4) Genoa players

I think if it's the right players, buying 3 40-50mil players and 1 20-30mil player will be more than sufficient enough.
The €40-€50m would be guys like Isco or Douglas Costa , but I still them happening.They will have suiters other than Milan be it Spain or the EPL or PSG and IMO will choose them ahead of Milan.
We simply are not that an attractive option , and while some think all we have to do is show we have money and theyll be cool and  join.I think we'll end with some decent signings like City first did like Chelsea did like PSG did like Inter have...but they wont be too orbthat level just below top.

Keita Badelj maybe Musacchio Kessie Simeone something like that , that will improve us and maybe see grab 4th which will be hard as Juve Roma Napoli are well ahead of us and Inter will spend big again.

RE: Winter Transfer Window 2017 - nefremo - 02-11-2017

Costa will only choose Real or Barca over Milan from La Liga. As good as Atletico and Sevilla are, they don't have the financial pull to compete with a Chinese Milan. As far as EPL goes, obviously the competition there can't be beaten....but they have to be interested first...and nobody seems to be. Costa will follow the money, as he even mentioned China in his interview. If we offer him a big salary, he'll be here. The transfer fee really shouldn't be a problem. Again, it's probably my hope that's speaking and I'm fully aware that we probably have less than a 10% chance of getting Douglas Costa. Having said that, if the Chinese are as powerful financially as we are led to believe, than it's possible. Low chance, but not an impossible dream like Verratti let's say.

About City or Chelsea or PSG...I don't think it's a fair comparison. Those teams were nothing. Never a factor in their own championships let alone Europe. Milan is still Milan, and with being able to pay some of the most competitive salaries in Europe, it will still be a very desirabe place. I would say that Serie A will be the biggest setback when trying to buy players. In other words, it won't be so much that players don't want to go to Milan...but more so not wanting to go to Italy which is antiquated as a league. This is also why to have a strong league is very important, so I hope Serie A keeps growing in quality.

RE: Winter Transfer Window 2017 - Rimini - 02-11-2017

l don't think Bayern will leave him even if he asks for a transfer.still have 3 years on his contract. They need Coman to step up even if they had Costa. it's clear he asks for a improved contract. l read somewhere Bayern works on Dembele to replace Robben in 2018. curiouss to see how they will spend their money next summer. They don't know how to make transfers if you ask me. if l were them, l'd sign Griezmann.

For us,l'd go for Keita, Dahoud, Gnabry,Pulusic, Hector/Rodriguez/Bernat from Bundesliga first.

İndeed, Verratti looks impossible for any team in the world. l hope we willl go for young players to have a great cycle for the future.This is why signing world class talents is very important when looking from our perspective.

RE: Winter Transfer Window 2017 - Rimini - 02-11-2017

(02-11-2017, 01:14 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Our supposed budget isnt going to do much in the way of star signings , unless we plan on buying 1 star and 3 or 4 average players.Kind of frightening really that we coild spend the €130m and say €40m from Bacca and Niang and other sales and still miss out on UCL while sounking €170m

This 130 m euros is confirmed by new owners or a media speculation? l'll believe when l see top players with our shirt.

RE: Winter Transfer Window 2017 - reza - 02-11-2017

There is no way to have 'real' confirmation. There are 'promises' of 100-150 million. If you ask me it doesn't matter much now, Fininvest and Berlusconi want out of football from a business standpoint and there has never been an indication of a bidding war for Milan. The Chinese are the closest we will get for anything remotely hopeful.

RE: Winter Transfer Window 2017 - reza - 02-11-2017

With that said Big Grin Please continue discussion in the Summer transfer window 2017 thread.

http://www.milanmania.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1412