AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Serie A (Matchday 5): Milan - SPAL 2013 (Wednesday, Sept. 20th, 20:45 CET) - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (http://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (http://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Games & Tactics (http://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Serie A (Matchday 5): Milan - SPAL 2013 (Wednesday, Sept. 20th, 20:45 CET) (/showthread.php?tid=1512)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Serie A (Matchday 5): Milan - SPAL 2013 (Wednesday, Sept. 20th, 20:45 CET) - Nalx - 09-20-2017

Dominant display from start to finish if not as good as our recent performances. This SPAL was rather poor with three consecutive corner kicks late in the second half being their most threatening moment.

RE: Serie A (Matchday 5): Milan - SPAL 2013 (Wednesday, Sept. 20th, 20:45 CET) - PassiamoAlleCoseFormali - 09-20-2017

3 point ok but i'm not happy about the game view we have to play much better.

RE: Serie A (Matchday 5): Milan - SPAL 2013 (Wednesday, Sept. 20th, 20:45 CET) - Wild - 09-20-2017

(09-20-2017, 09:45 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I disagree that our passing was sloppy and I think stats show that. We had over 500 passes in the game today with an 88% success rate, I don't consider that sloppy. We had a few moments of sloppiness, such as the first minute or two of the match and then again at the start of the second half, but I think on the whole we played a focused game and never looked like we would let the result get out of hand.
We were composed at the back but in the final third we fucked up to many for my taste.
Its not only about passes , simple control of the ball was s problem also.
But its great when we win such game so i wont nag much.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RE: Serie A (Matchday 5): Milan - SPAL 2013 (Wednesday, Sept. 20th, 20:45 CET) - Ryo - 09-20-2017

Well we need to keep conserving energy against Sampdoria on Sunday (early match), since then it's Rijeka in the EL at home on the 28th, before we meet Roma 3 days after that on Oct 1st.

Just a reminder that Sampdoria are no pushovers either. They're still unbeaten this season.

RE: Serie A (Matchday 5): Milan - SPAL 2013 (Wednesday, Sept. 20th, 20:45 CET) - ACMILAN1983 - 09-20-2017

You guys are entitled to your opinions and I respect that, though I'm a bit baffled anyone would feel disappointed with the performance.

There wasn't anything spectacular about it, but as I mentioned before I think it was a very controlled game where we never had to over extend ourselves and always had complete control.

What pleases me most is that we stayed focus throughout the match, SPAL had very little opportunity to try and hurt us. Individually I was happy with the back three and wingbacks (even if abate has no end product). Biglia was one of the best on the pitch as was Kessie. I think Calhanoglu was a little off on the ball at times, but I appreciated the number of times he worked for the team off the ball and defensively (an aspect of his game that's often undervalued). 

Kalinic put in a solid shift IMO, while I think Andre Silva deserves a lot of credit today. As a goalscorer he didn't do much, but his work for the team was really impressive and he was constantly involved in the team play and towards the end driving the team forward.

All in all, even if not particularly entertaining, I was very satisfied with a disciplined performance that gives us 3 points with minimal fuss. I think it's a big step for us towards delivering consistency and cultivating a winning mentality.

Edit: Wild I do agree that our final ball or finish could have been better in the game, but I do feel if circumstances had made it necessary we could have stepped up the performance, such was our confidence and control.

In addition towards the end we could have avoided a couple of counters (Romagnoli's yellow and Abate lucky not to get one himself), but in these scenarios we had adequate cover to deal with a weak SPAL attack.

These are very minor gripes given how the match panned out.

RE: Serie A (Matchday 5): Milan - SPAL 2013 (Wednesday, Sept. 20th, 20:45 CET) - sylrus - 09-21-2017

this guy havent played in the eu for how long i dont remember, give them a break, they been able to do this win over win is already great it self, i'm quite optimistic that this season will be something special for us if we could continue this trend until the end of the season.

RE: Serie A (Matchday 5): Milan - SPAL 2013 (Wednesday, Sept. 20th, 20:45 CET) - am I Milan enough? - 09-21-2017

Glad for the 3 points and cleansheet. This is the game (vs smaller teams )we must win no matter how good /bad we play. Lets now focus on next game, away to Samp is alway tricky.

RE: Serie A (Matchday 5): Milan - SPAL 2013 (Wednesday, Sept. 20th, 20:45 CET) - ACMILAN1983 - 09-21-2017

nefremo, given the good run you've got going, please open the Sampdoria match thread Big Grin

RE: Serie A (Matchday 5): Milan - SPAL 2013 (Wednesday, Sept. 20th, 20:45 CET) - WCmilan - 09-21-2017

We completely controlled the game start to finish on their end of the pitch.

They parked the bus on us coming off of a few losses even a draw would've been ideal for them. Prior to the match the coach of SPAL even said they had to change their approach to a more defensive one if they wanted to pick up points in Serie A because they are too vulnerable when they attack. Any team in the world struggles to score against Serie A opposition when they decide to go defensive.

RE: Serie A (Matchday 5): Milan - SPAL 2013 (Wednesday, Sept. 20th, 20:45 CET) - Sampinjon - 09-21-2017

Well ,I must say my first praise to Montella ever. 3 games in a row without montocrap (not being injured) on the field...that's entire new page in Milan's newer history. Never seen...