AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer transfer window 2018 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer transfer window 2018 (/showthread.php?tid=1608)

RE: Summer transfer window 2018 - AC_Troy - 08-19-2018

(08-19-2018, 09:47 PM)millinarios Wrote: Nah... Compared to the hype and price tag, he was nowhere to be found.

and the fact Chievo's a low-table team

RE: Summer transfer window 2018 - millinarios - 08-19-2018

(08-19-2018, 10:07 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: and the fact Chievo's a low-table team

Yeah... Funny story, a TV commentator here in my country wore a shirt with big CR7 sign for the match, predicting CR7 will beat Chievo by himself and will score 3-4 goals on his debut, also  claiming CR7 is even better than the real Ronaldo was because CR7 does not need space to create chances... He looked like a total idiot after the match.

No one touches the real Ronaldo.

RE: Summer transfer window 2018 - artand - 08-19-2018

(08-19-2018, 09:33 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Spanish teams don't defend.Im glad for him he needed it.Hopefully he keeps up reasonable good form and we get our money back.

Javi Moreno top scorer in Spain  Big Grin

RE: Summer transfer window 2018 - Jay Crisp - 08-19-2018

(08-19-2018, 09:41 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: He needed space which he couldn't get in Italy

He has excelled against weaker opposition.See how he does against Barca Valencia Real Villarreal Athleti But I hope he can continue this form at least get 20 goals.Seems a confidence player and unlike say Dzekos( who lots have compared him to because Dzekos first season he only scored) when he isn't scoring he vanishes and doesn't do anything.It is possible for a CF to play well help a team and not score.I still do not see Sevilla paying the option maybe they'll agree a sale to EPL buy him then flip him.
Either way I don't think he's capable of doing well in Serie A ATM

RE: Summer transfer window 2018 - porcho - 08-20-2018

(08-19-2018, 11:44 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: He has excelled against weaker opposition.See how he does against Barca Valencia Real Villarreal Athleti But I hope he can continue this form at least get 20 goals.Seems a confidence player and unlike say Dzekos( who lots have compared him to because Dzekos first season he only scored) when he isn't scoring he vanishes and doesn't do anything.It is possible for a CF to play well help a team and not score.I still do not see Sevilla paying the option maybe they'll agree a sale to EPL buy him then flip him.
Either way I don't think he's capable of doing well in Serie A ATM

Me neither. It's more likely that, if he continues to excel, that he'll get bought buy someone like Atletico(once they realise Kalinic is a dud).

I still think we should have sent him to a Genoa and seen him get game time in Serie A. Less potential to gain extra $$ but more potential to gain another top striker.
As things stand, game time at Sevilla gets him closer to a useful player for us but he'd still need time to adapt to Serie A again. More than likely he'll get sold off no matter haw well he does.

RE: Summer transfer window 2018 - AC_Troy - 08-20-2018

I still think there's something to be said about two managers not playing him. I still question his drive in training. He didn't show enough to convince

RE: Summer transfer window 2018 - hwmook - 08-20-2018

(08-19-2018, 09:45 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: to be fair though, it took an early Save of the Year candidate to stop Ronaldo from scoring

He will continue to struggle to score if he continue to try those useless shots without getting himself into better position. 

Silva will do well in La Liga and he will be sold. He will not succeed in Serie A for now, he cannot play in a league with serious defending. He doesn't know how to break down the defence, often look lost and hold up the ball not knowing what to do. We already have Cutrone who will likely continue to do well.

(08-20-2018, 12:17 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: I still think there's something to be said about two managers not playing him.  I still question his drive in training.  He didn't show enough to convince

Honestly what I thought initially but then Gattuso came out and said his work rate isn't the problem... "in fact he works too hard" was what he said. Which just confuses me even more.
Supposedly has a good attitude. works hard. but doesn't get the game time under two different managers? Huh

RE: Summer transfer window 2018 - Jay Crisp - 08-20-2018

(08-20-2018, 12:09 AM)porcho Wrote: Me neither. It's more likely that, if he continues to excel, that he'll get bought buy someone like Atletico(once they realise Kalinic is a dud).

I still think we should have sent him to a Genoa and seen him get game time in Serie A. Less potential to gain extra $$ but more potential to gain another top striker.
As things stand, game time at Sevilla gets him closer to a useful player for us but he'd still need time to adapt to Serie A again. More than likely he'll get sold off no matter haw well he does.

Don't think Genoa would of worked.Hed still have the same lack of space and would get frustrated and fall into himself.He needed this and Sevilla is a perfect club for him.The defences in Spain are woeful with a solid season it could be Atleti or hell Barca/Real or he he could end up back here.But something tells me if he has a 20 goal or more season they'll buy him and sell him to the EPL straight away for at least €60m.

(08-20-2018, 01:03 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Don't think Genoa would of worked.Hed still have the same lack of space and would get frustrated and fall into himself.He needed this and Sevilla is a perfect club for him.The defences in Spain are woeful with a solid season it could be Atleti or hell Barca/Real or he he could end up back here.But something tells me if he has a 20 goal or more season they'll buy him and sell him to the EPL straight away for at least €60m.

What I'm saying is a move to another Serie A team would have been a better move for his development, specifically for us. Meaning our intention would be to keep him.
Sending him to Spain, for me, shows we're done with him.
Not sure about the buy and sell straight away because Sevilla don't actually spend that sort of cash. It would only be the case if a team were to approach Sevilla instead of us which wouldn't make sense considering a 40-45m offer would likely do it. Like you said though, He'll likely go EPL, or if he does exceptionally well, Real/Barca