AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Roma vs. Milan 2/3/19 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (http://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (http://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Games & Tactics (http://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Roma vs. Milan 2/3/19 (/showthread.php?tid=2016)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Roma vs. Milan 2/3/19 - Nicolas - 02-03-2019

(02-03-2019, 10:32 PM)nefremo Wrote: This referee just possibly cost us 3 points. We should have had a PK and Pellegrini should have been sent off.

I think the reason not to award the penalty was that VAR was checked and Suso was ruled offside.

RE: Roma vs. Milan 2/3/19 - drucurl - 02-03-2019

Yes we were poor.
But this ref was horrific

RE: Roma vs. Milan 2/3/19 - WCmilan - 02-03-2019

Zanaolo whatever his name is should've been sent off before he scored.
We should've been awarded a PK.
Pellegrini should've been sent of as well.

RE: Roma vs. Milan 2/3/19 - reza - 02-03-2019

(02-03-2019, 10:34 PM)Nicolas Wrote: I think the reason not to award the penalty was that VAR was checked and Suso was ruled offside.

Ref did not motion towards anything at all (waiting for VAR, hand on ear etc.) and if he did VAR broke time to check, contact ref record.

RE: Roma vs. Milan 2/3/19 - ACM2020 - 02-03-2019

The one point earned today is definitely acceptable, because we could have easily lost the game if not for Donnarumma, Piatek, and Paqueta.

Bakayoko was bad today. Kessie was actually quite decent, but his lack of offensive skill was shocking. Right before that penalty we would have had, it was actually Kessie couldn't control his ball well and went to Suso instead. If he controlled the ball well, he would have blasted the ball over the bar, but at least Paqueta would not get that yellow card. Suso was terrible, especially in the first half. I admire his skill, but always have hard time imagining him in the long term future of our beloved team. The CB duo was okay, but Musacchio was bad for a spell of 5-10 minutes. Calhanoglu was bad too, maybe better than his recent horrendous self, but still definitely bad.

The referee definitely had something against Milan. I can't believe that the yellow cards were 4:3. Roma should have got at least 10 yellow cards, and at least two red cards. That was disgusting. The yellow card to Paqueta was particularly shameful. He denied us a crystal clear penalty kick and he knew it, otherwise why would he give Paqueta a yellow card when he was the one that backed into Paqueta? The only valid explanation is that he knew that it should have been a penalty. I won't be too surprised if in a few years, there will be another scandal involving referees.

RE: Roma vs. Milan 2/3/19 - ACM2020 - 02-03-2019

I am also upset that Roma missed three starters in the midfield, and we still couldn't outplay them in that key area. This is pathetic, and I am willing to blame it on Gattuso.

I guess I was way too optimistic before the game. I am now happy that we are able to hold on to 4th for now, but Atalanta, Lazio, and Roma are all breathing down our neck.

(02-03-2019, 10:40 PM)reza Wrote: Ref did not motion towards anything at all (waiting for VAR, hand on ear etc.) and if he did VAR broke time to check, contact ref record.

If they conducted a silent check, and if it clearly showed that Suso was offside, then it would have been communicated to the ref, and nothing further would be done.

RE: Roma vs. Milan 2/3/19 - AC_Troy - 02-03-2019

I thought I was watching the NFL with that horrendous officiating

RE: Roma vs. Milan 2/3/19 - reza - 02-03-2019

(02-03-2019, 10:57 PM)Nicolas Wrote: If they conducted a silent check, and if it clearly showed that Suso was offside, then it would have been communicated to the ref, and nothing further would be done.

I think we are forgetting VAR has limits.
VAR has four points and the one regarding offside only applies if a goal is scored, so VAR can check if offside before goal NOT any or all offsides.

Quote:   Goals and whether there was a violation during the attacking phase of play, such as an offside or a foul
   Penalty decisions (other fouls are not reviewable, except below)
   Direct red card decisions (second yellow cards are not reviewable)
   Mistaken identity in awarding a red or yellow card

(02-03-2019, 11:01 PM)reza Wrote: I think we are forgetting VAR has limits.
VAR has four points and the one regarding offside only applies if a goal is scored, so VAR can check if offside before goal NOT any or all offsides.

How would that limit work in this case? If Suso was offside, then there was no penalty. If Suso wasn’t offside, then there was a clear penalty. Whether or not he was offside is the key point.