AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer 2019 friendlies - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Games & Tactics (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Summer 2019 friendlies (/showthread.php?tid=2028)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Summer 2019 friendlies - honsano - 07-24-2019

maldini had a few nice touches actually. he has played ok as CAM. def not as prepared as munich and we look a bit disorganized. still can't play out the back.

Hernandez injured, hopefully not a big deal. The 40min he played showed he was real quality. major upgrade and I was a RR fan.

RE: Summer 2019 friendlies - nefremo - 07-24-2019

Can't expect much out of this line up to be honest. Strinic as a CB, Borini as LCM, Maldini as ACM, Castillejo as SS....

The problem with contrasting formations is that whichever team manages to impose themselves onto the game will end up dominating the game. This is what's happening here. Bayern is able to hold possession better so they utilize their wings (our weakness areas due to the diamond midfield). If in turn we managed to impose ourselves on the game then we could have utilized the middle of the field where we outnumber Bayern and make their own wings defend our fullback. Unfortunately for us, we are incapable of doing that in this game.

As for the players in this first half:

Donnarumma - despite Bayern having most of the possession and doing most of the attacking, he really didn't have much to do

Calabria - Forced to go 1v1 with Coman constantly which is very tough, but he held his own. I thought he did great considering he is exposed 1v1 in every possession

Gabbia - Not bad to be honest. There is definitely potential. Better then Strinic for sure

Strinic - Disaster on the ball and disaster defending. The fact that he hasn't played in a year shows. The fact that he's not a CB also shows. Terrible first half for him

Theo - The best player going forward with a few runs. I'm excited by this guy to be honest. When he gets going forward he is very hard to stop. It's a shame about the twisted ankle. Hopefully he's not out for long. Transforms our left side in comparison to Rodriguez/Laxalt

Biglia - Biglia is Biglia. No pressure, he'll play a safe pass that goes nowhere. Put him under pressure and he'll either play back to the CB/GK or lose the ball. No wonder we are looking for a player in his position

Borini - Possibly the worst player this half. And that's hard to do considering some of the players that are playing tonight....BUT he somehow managed it. He lost the ball every time he touched it. Not capable of exchanging passes quickly. When he does try that, the pass goes astray. When he doesn't, he just takes too many touches and leads nowhere anyway. No, he's not a LCM, obviously. But the mistakes today are more "football player" type then "LCM" type.

Calhanoglu - Nothing much to be honest. Looked clumsy on several occasions. Looks like he's carrying rocks in his shoes at times. Slow and sloppy.

Maldini - Started the game terribly. Bunch of bad touches and nervous moments. It's expected though. First time playing. I am sure he is a nervous wreck. Got better as the game went on actually, but didn't see too much of the ball. He's a good player, you can see that. I'm just not sure he's ready for this level yet. He is very young and I a loan move is probably the best solution for him

Castillejo - He is there. On the field. But that's about it.

Piatek - See comment above for Castillejo. No service or anything in the box though. So can't blame him. Apart from 1 Calabria cross (which actually the runs from everyone, including Piatek should have been better), nothing much

Was really looking forward to seeing more first team players, but clearly that's not happening. The midfield was a failure in this game...so no wonder we are looking for midfielders. Would have been nice to have Bennacer for this one.

RE: Summer 2019 friendlies - drucurl - 07-24-2019

Are these fuckers actually passing the ball around in front of their fucking goal? Fuck me in my ass  Confused

RE: Summer 2019 friendlies - porcho - 07-24-2019

(07-24-2019, 01:58 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: Devilol

That being said, it is nice to see Strinic back from his heart condition

yep, that's for sure.

(07-24-2019, 02:57 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: Theo & Gabbia looked good then Theo gets taken off on stretcher.  Cursed

Theo and Gabbie look great. Hopefully Theo was just precautionary and nothing too serious.

(07-24-2019, 02:57 AM)honsano Wrote: maldini had a few nice touches actually. he has played ok as CAM. def not as prepared as munich and we look a bit disorganized. still can't play out the back.

Hernandez injured, hopefully not a big deal. The 40min he played showed he was real quality. major upgrade and I was a RR fan.

Maldini looks great too, although hasn't played the best but you can see his quality. I hope he gets some game time this season, if not, then we need to loan him somewhere he'll play consistently.

Still early days so we've got plenty of time for the team to improve.

RE: Summer 2019 friendlies - AC_Troy - 07-24-2019

(07-24-2019, 03:19 AM)drucurl Wrote: Are these fuckers actually passing the ball around in front of their fucking goal? Fuck me in my ass  Confused

Devilol

RE: Summer 2019 friendlies - am I Milan enough? - 07-24-2019

Hopefully Theo 's injury is not that bad, he's easily the best player on the pitch. His offensiveness is a joy to watch. Calabria was good too.

RE: Summer 2019 friendlies - drucurl - 07-24-2019

If this was a competitive game Bayern would have been 5-0 or more up

RE: Summer 2019 friendlies - honsano - 07-24-2019

Man that was rough. I'm not sure there is much progress had in the first couple of weeks. We just could not get past the Munich press and when we did have possession, couldn't do much with the ball.

Conti did fairly well considering he was a LB. Borini was terrible. Biglia was pretty bad for me today too. He looked a bit slow, but some bad passes considering he kept them all short and lateral.

Definitely the start of the season, but we are missing a lot of key pieces in attack.

RE: Summer 2019 friendlies - AC_Troy - 07-24-2019

Mostly subs playing anyways

RE: Summer 2019 friendlies - nefremo - 07-24-2019

(07-24-2019, 03:58 AM)drucurl Wrote: If this was a competitive game Bayern would have been 5-0 or more up

Yea, but realistically, how many of the 10 outfield players will be starters this coming season? 

I can say Calabria/Conti, Theo and Piatek. That's 3 out of 10. Not that Bayern had a full squad out there, but it was much much better in terms of starters and especially preparedness. Let's not forget that tey also have continuity with Kovac from last year while our players have literary known their coach for 2 weeks...out of which they've spent 2-3 days traveling.

I also think we need to be patient with Giampaolo. It'll be a while until we see his true ideas come out.

All in all, I always think his ICC thing is a waste of time. The team spends more time traveling then training. You risk injuries and gain very little. It's not like we are "wowing" the crown with big names or attacking play either. So if you ask me, ut's better to stay back in Milano and train at Milanello for 6 weeks.