AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer mercato 2020 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer mercato 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=2205)

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - Sleeping Giant - 07-21-2020

(07-21-2020, 11:04 PM)nefremo Wrote: I really wonder what the "split" of the targets was. You might actually be right in that one. Which I'm more then fine with. 

It was repoeted both Rangnick and Maldini loked Depay. So that's good. And I believe it because we were linked with him last summer too.

One that Leonardo and Maldini liked and apparently Maldini continued monitoring is Neres. On the other hand, Rangnick's "pick" was likely someone like Paulinho.

In all honesty...there were some strong links to players recently...and it would make sense that it was Maldini doing it. Players like Emerson for example.

problem with Rangnick is he was very limited to Germany and Austria and often ignoring Serie A players,

As it is said "Apples can't grow everywhere"

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - Sleeping Giant - 07-21-2020

his age barrier for players was another thing which insinuated me, we need players between 22-30 years not too young unripe players

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - porcho - 07-21-2020

(07-21-2020, 11:04 PM)nefremo Wrote: I really wonder what the "split" of the targets was. You might actually be right in that one. Which I'm more then fine with. 

It was repoeted both Rangnick and Maldini loked Depay. So that's good. And I believe it because we were linked with him last summer too.

One that Leonardo and Maldini liked and apparently Maldini continued monitoring is Neres. On the other hand, Rangnick's "pick" was likely someone like Paulinho.

In all honesty...there were some strong links to players recently...and it would make sense that it was Maldini doing it. Players like Emerson for example.

I'd love to see us pick up those three. That would be amazing. No thanks on Paulinho

(07-21-2020, 11:16 PM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: his age barrier for players was another thing which insinuated me, we need players between 22-30 years not too young unripe players

I've got no problem with young unripe players, but we can't sign just that. No reason why we couldn't get a couple of those players as well as some more experienced players(25-30)

I wonder what happens now with the market. All this talk of Rangnick style players and now he's not coming. All these "done deals" to suit a style that isn't going to be played

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - nefremo - 07-21-2020

I had no problem with the Rangnick train. It was something exciting that we had never seen before. But as I said multiple times, I wish there was a way him and Maldini could work together. As a 1st year director....Maldini did a great job imo. And I can't wait to see what he's got lined up for next season.

Pioli is about continuity. We'll find out very quickly if he can carry this on next season. But the positives are there for all to see. Conditioning 1st and foremost. But the squad seems happy and united. Many times that's underestimated, but it's very important.

For once we won't start from zero. That's a plus. Same director, same coaching staff, same methods, same plan, etc. I said months ago, Rangnick would have only worked if we stuck with him for years no matter what. This club would not do that. Too big for that. There was a very good chance Rangnick would have taken time to acclimate. Can you see us sticking with Rangnick in November if we are 10th?

We'll see. But this is a relief, because we at least go clarity and we can move on. It was so frustrating reading reports that "Milan officials met with player XYZ" yet who were those officials? As far as we knew, all Milan officials (except Gazidis) were going to be gone in 2 weeks.

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - porcho - 07-22-2020

(07-21-2020, 11:46 PM)nefremo Wrote: I had no problem with the Rangnick train. It was something exciting that we had never seen before. But as I said multiple times, I wish there was a way him and Maldini could work together. As a 1st year director....Maldini did a great job imo. And I can't wait to see what he's got lined up for next season.

Pioli is about continuity. We'll find out very quickly if he can carry this on next season. But the positives are there for all to see. Conditioning 1st and foremost. But the squad seems happy and united. Many times that's underestimated, but it's very important.

For once we won't start from zero. That's a plus. Same director, same coaching staff, same methods, same plan, etc. I said months ago, Rangnick would have only worked if we stuck with him for years no matter what. This club would not do that. Too big for that. There was a very good chance Rangnick would have taken time to acclimate. Can you see us sticking with Rangnick in November if we are 10th?

We'll see. But this is a relief, because we at least go clarity and we can move on. It was so frustrating reading reports that "Milan officials met with player XYZ" yet who were those officials? As far as we knew, all Milan officials (except Gazidis) were going to be gone in 2 weeks.

Let's face it. we've seen much worse from experienced Directors.

As for the rest I agree. I jsut have my reservations about Pioli. I'm hoping everything continues the way it's been going but I fear much the same of what we've had in the past. Were there's a strong tail end and then we somehow take half the season to get to form again next season.

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - hwmook - 07-22-2020

(07-22-2020, 12:14 AM)porcho Wrote: Let's face it. we've seen much worse from experienced Directors.

As for the rest I agree. I jsut have my reservations about Pioli. I'm hoping everything continues the way it's been going but I fear much the same of what we've had in the past. Were there's a strong tail end and then we somehow take half the season to get to form again next season.

The only time we have a decent half season was when rino took over. He start the next season with a good first half before everything fall apart as he didn't have enough depth and he doesn't trust the the fringe players. Pioli seem to be a decent coach but he need the support of the management to get more depth else next season will be the same, we will only be enough to get a Europe league place. I am glad to see pioli continue and also Maldini staying. We need Maldini to continue getting good players like Theo, Bennacer, Rebic and also getting rid of Biglia, Bonaventura, Suso, Piatek. We need more solid reinforcements to upgrade the RB, depth for CB, MF.

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - nefremo - 07-22-2020

The true quality of this team currently is EL. BUT, even with zero signings, the growth of our young guys like Theo, Kessie, Bennacer, Leao over the next year could mean CL. So with the growth lf those players in mind, plus the addition of 2-3 quality starters, then we should be a CL team.

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - Sleeping Giant - 07-22-2020

James Rodríguez has received offers from AC Milan, Inter, Benfica, and Manchester United. Real Madrid would let him go for 15M€. (El Chiringuito TV)

Dida will coach the Primavera team's goalkeepers. (Repubblica)

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - Rossonero21 - 07-22-2020

What Milan needs, is to come back on top level in terms of Champions League. This will attract the right coach to lead us for further success. I am glad to see Pioli establishing a normality and satisfied players  giving 100% in every game (examples like Calhanoglu, Kessie...) in the club and an important role plays also Ibrahimovic. Rangnick and his model is based on discipline and would able to show results in midterm time. Latest has been shown in his time in Schalke 04, Leipzig and Salzburg. Discipline 100%, invest on young players and selling the best ones for a large amount of money..ACM has another mentality as club..Furthermore I am not sure that Italian clubs can work efficiently on this basis..therefore I wish for us Ibra and Maldini to stay and inject the rest of the club this winning mentality in order to see ACM again in CL. The rest of project has then to be done by a WC coach like Pellegrini etc.

For now we also have to invest on an Italian basis by purchasing players like Tonali and to make the right decisions by adding quality when buying foreign players

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - Sleeping Giant - 07-22-2020

For the attack, Pioli is looking for a striker that has similar characteristics to Edin Dzeko in case Zlatan Ibrahimovic does not stay for the next season. He would also like to have Keita Baldé if Rafael Leao leaves. (CM)

The transfer targets will change now that Pioli is confirmed. No more Luka Jovic or Dominik Szoboszlai. Instead, AC Milan will try to sign Sandro Tonali, Gaetano Castrovilli, and Marash Kumbulla. (CM)