AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer mercato 2020 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer mercato 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=2205)

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - nefremo - 09-30-2020

It's a viable solution that Siregar suggested. People always shy away from dry loans because of the "status thing". Such as, "we are Milan and we don't do dry loans". But sometimes, it's not a bad solution, especially in injury crisis.

Having said that, we have injuries in the CB department now, but 2 weeks from now it'll look very different. We'll have Romagnoli back, Musacchio almost back, and Duarte also available (back from Covid). So no need to resort to last options (dry loans).

Now....the quality of that CB department is highly questionable. We all know Duarte has not proven himself and can't be trusted. Musacchio is a hit or miss...but more miss and likely only good enough strictly as back up. Gabbia is young and although he's grown a lot, he still has miles to go. That leaves us with 2 reliable starting quality CBs in Romagnoli and Kjaer. Quality needs to be added. That's for sure. But quantity is a problem. We need to sell first. Buying due to injuries now is not the answer. Because the injured players are almost back. Buying to increase quality, yes. It's a distinct difference imo. It's a difference in terms of what kind of player you go for. Buying due to injuries could even be a dry loan just to cover the injuries for the time being. But buying to increase quality has to be done with a proper plan and investment. This is why I'm not too fussed that we may not sign a CB after all. Because at this point that CB has to be quality. And if there are none (available/attainable) right now, then don't buy. Wait until January.

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - Siregar - 09-30-2020

(09-30-2020, 02:15 PM)nefremo Wrote: It's a viable solution that Siregar suggested. People always shy away from dry loans because of the "status thing". Such as, "we are Milan and we don't do dry loans". But sometimes, it's not a bad solution, especially in injury crisis.

Having said that, we have injuries in the CB department now, but 2 weeks from now it'll look very different. We'll have Romagnoli back, Musacchio almost back, and Duarte also available (back from Covid). So no need to resort to last options (dry loans).

Now....the quality of that CB department is highly questionable. We all know Duarte has not proven himself and can't be trusted. Musacchio is a hit or miss...but more miss and likely only good enough strictly as back up. Gabbia is young and although he's grown a lot, he still has miles to go. That leaves us with 2 reliable starting quality CBs in Romagnoli and Kjaer. Quality needs to be added. That's for sure. But quantity is a problem. We need to sell first. Buying due to injuries now is not the answer. Because the injured players are almost back. Buying to increase quality, yes. It's a distinct difference imo. It's a difference in terms of what kind of player you go for. Buying due to injuries could even be a dry loan just to cover the injuries for the time being. But buying to increase quality has to be done with a proper plan and investment. This is why I'm not too fussed that we may not sign a CB after all. Because at this point that CB has to be quality. And if there are none (available/attainable) right now, then don't buy. Wait until January.

That's right. If we want to buy a CB it should be real high quality one or at least very talented young CB that has shown potential in competitive games. Such kind of player is not easy bring. We don't need to rush since we have already Romagnoli and Kjaer. For backup we could bring quality CB with dry loan, just for one season as backup, a player that we dont expect to be a starter if both Roma and Kjaer are available. Why should we have option if our intention to buy very good one? With dry loan, we could have quality sub for our CB and dont need to pay loan fee and high wage due to share of the wage.

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - sylrus - 09-30-2020

arent you forgetting something? that guy is kjaer last season, and musa is our 1st choice at that time

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - Sleeping Giant - 09-30-2020

But may I ask, are we really getting a quality CB on dry loan? The rumoured ones are Dalot and Nacho, regarding Dalot, he is nothing more than a average guy, who doesn't even get called up in Premier League by Man U and doesn't even starts against 3rd divison club Luton... So yeah, how 'quality' CB we would get Sleepy 

Regarding Nacho, he is considered as 'Bonera' of Real Madrid, respected for his loyalty for the club, otherwise whether he is any better than Musacchio is tough to say.

We should atleast show daring and spend some money on a defender this season for the God sake, don't be so miser. We aren't Athletic Bilbao Sagrin

Dalot is a RB/RWB.

Nacho is probably the last on the list. More or less an emergency fall-back in case other deals don't materialize.

In terms of spending on a CB....fine, but it's gotta be planned. We can't buy just to buy. Zero point in that. We have our targets, I'm sure. But if they can't be bought in this market's window, then we wait. We can't just buy someone, anyone. Things are not that desperate. Things actually aren't desperate at all. Our 2 starting CBs (Roma-Kjaer) will be available for selection after the international break (so only Rio Ave and Spezia to go). Musacchio will be available soon after that. Gabbia is here as an option. We still have Duarte. He may suck...but he's here and a solution for him will have to be found

Adding quality as I said, is totally fine. I'm on board. But if the quality that WE need is not available/attainable, don't buy. There is another window (with new opportunities, I'm sure) coming up in 3 months.

Summer mercato 2020 - sylrus - 09-30-2020

so you gonna tell me that all the players that play at defensive position is not being scouted properly by our management? and all this time the players that has been bought and performing is just a fluke?

i think every player that will be bought and already bought, is being scouted properly and there is a purpose in every single move that we take on each of this players.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

(09-30-2020, 05:36 PM)sylrus Wrote: so you gonna tell me that all the players that play at defensive position is not being scouted properly by our management? and all this time the players that has been bought and performing is just a fluke?

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

I'm really not sure what you're getting at? I think there is a misunderstanding. I'm not saying that we are not properly scouting players. No sure where that came from...

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - devoted_dm - 09-30-2020

Paqueta to Lyon officially confirmed. €20M + 15% resale. Not a bad deal for us. Waiting for the confirmation on Hauge, who apparently has already signed his contract.

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - reza - 09-30-2020

I wouldn't call that 'not a bad deal'. For FFP purposes it is barely break even, from a pure cash perspective it is much worst than 'not bad', from a footballing perspective sure he seems to not fit at Milan but he is a 23 year old Brazil NT player.

But what do you do? He massively underperformed here and if we want to improve the squad, we have to somehow cut our losses and move on. Otherwise it's not signing anyone and keep going with him.
It just didn't work out for us with him. We overpaid to begin with. 38mil for a young Brazilian talent that never played in Europe (and was also in his 1st pro year in Brazil too, righ?) was simply too much of a gamble. We were't ready for that. The bad deal was done back then. Not now. Now we did what was necessary to move on. And considering the sitiation, it could have been worse. I'm surprised he was sold outright. I was expecting a loan ala Suso.