AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer mercato 2020 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer mercato 2020 (/showthread.php?tid=2205)

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - millinarios - 06-11-2020

(06-11-2020, 09:04 AM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: Szoboslai just scored a hatrick yesterday and also completed hattrick of assists match before yesterday's match Aktion060

Does that make him world class?  Icon_lol2

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - millinarios - 06-11-2020

(06-11-2020, 11:40 AM)nefremo Wrote: Szoboszlai is not in Hungarian system anymore though. He is now in Austria with a club that has some of the best scouting in the world. He is being developed by good coaches, gets to play in European competition and use top facilities. The fact that he's Hungarian is now totally irrlevant. And maybe he was the piece of gold in the pile of shit in Hungary...so someone with an eye for talent spotted him. 
And nobody is saying he'll be world class or that we need him to be world class. Being a solid, contributing 1st team player would be enough. 

As I said, football ia global and everyone plays it now. The possibility of finding gold is greater in Brazil/Francr/Italy/etc thanit is in Hungary, of course. But there is still possibility of great footballers coming out of Hungary. Maybe the system there IS shit, and maybe for Hungarian players the key to fullfilling their talent is leaving that system at the right time and developing elsewhere.....BEFORE they get into the shit system as you described. So it seems Szoboszlai did exactly that.

We'll see what he ends up being (shit or gold)....but to assume that he'll be shit at this point just because he was born in Hungary? Nah...

Nope, I assume he will be just average, based on an evident pattern. Hungary had promises before Szoboszlai too, none of them fulfilled their said potential.

Problem is, you're trying to apply some general rules for Hungarian football. That will not work, but to understand that you have to be a Hungarian, I guess. Your global football rules mean nothing in this country. Szoboszlai moved to Austria at the age of 16. So he was still inside the Hungarian system in a very crucial period. Don't underestimate the significance of that based on your global rules.

You'll see in a few years, that I was right. That's all I can say on this matter.

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - sylrus - 06-11-2020

i think he might be onto something here, i saw his clip on youtube, and so many mistake he made in that clip, a clip on youtube that supposed to make you look good. i dont see anything special with this kid, maybe i'm wrong maybe i'm right, but whatever it is, i don't think we should go for this guy, because he operate as a left midfield right? why the hell we suddenly looking for a left midfield when we need a winger.

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - Arildonardo - 06-11-2020

(06-11-2020, 12:22 PM)millinarios Wrote: Nope, I assume he will be just average, based on an evident pattern. Hungary had promises before Szoboszlai too, none of them fulfilled their said potential.

Problem is, you're trying to apply some general rules for Hungarian football. That will not work, but to understand that you have to be a Hungarian, I guess. Your global football rules mean nothing in this country. Szoboszlai moved to Austria at the age of 16. So he was still inside the Hungarian system in a very crucial period. Don't underestimate the significance of that based on your global rules.

You'll see in a few years, that I was right. That's all I can say on this matter.

I'm not sure who is trying to apply general rules for Hungarian football here...

Anyway, if we end up signing him we can always hope he will be the exception that proves the rule. If not world class, then at least maybe a good player. We haven't had any world class or many good players since forever.

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - reza - 06-11-2020

(06-11-2020, 07:21 AM)Lebanese Wrote: Very democratic of you, Karimi & Dai retired Smile.

Sagrin

I mention Iranian players as a kind of joke but in my opinion we need to trust a new real reset now. Actually I would be more scared of giving high salaries than getting players that might not really become stars. For example Szoboszlai might or might not be worth a 30 million transfer fee but high salary is as much a problem as anything if later we want to sell. I have seen real rumours (as real as him to Milan Big Grin ) linking him to Liverpool, I don't know what that says about Szoboszlai but it can't be bad.

If Bona is leaving we need LM more than LW actually. We can try Leao or even Calhanoglu as LW but all midfield is suddenly a big need. Bennacer, Kessie, Krunic, Paqueta ....that's it.

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - nefremo - 06-11-2020

(06-11-2020, 12:22 PM)millinarios Wrote: Nope, I assume he will be just average, based on an evident pattern. Hungary had promises before Szoboszlai too, none of them fulfilled their said potential.

Macedonian system is even more shit than Hungary, trust me....yet Pandev still came out of there and had a great career. Just because countries are not racking up world class players every year, doesn't mean that a great player (even world class) can't come out of there, DESPITE the system.

I don't know Szoboszlai. Never seen a single game other than youtube. I have no idea what he'll turn into. But again, to NOT sign hin solely vased on the fact that he's Hungarian and "Hungary doesn't produce great footballers" is wrong. 

Let's see what happens.

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - Sleeping Giant - 06-11-2020

Milan scouted Nigerian and Partizan striker Umar Sadiq

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - porcho - 06-12-2020

(06-11-2020, 05:41 PM)nefremo Wrote: Macedonian system is even more shit than Hungary, trust me....yet Pandev still came out of there and had a great career. Just because countries are not racking up world class players every year, doesn't mean that a great player (even world class) can't come out of there, DESPITE the system.

I don't know Szoboszlai. Never seen a single game other than youtube. I have no idea what he'll turn into. But again, to NOT sign hin solely vased on the fact that he's Hungarian and "Hungary doesn't produce great footballers" is wrong. 

Let's see what happens.

Mate. you guys have it good. Here in Australia our system is a joke. As is the league... 

yet we've still been able to produce some good players over the years.

All the "good" players left no earlier than 16 years old.

I wouldn't be discounting anyone based on where they've come from

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - Lebanese - 06-12-2020

(06-11-2020, 09:52 PM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: Milan scouted Nigerian and Partizan striker Umar Sadiq
Wasn't he at to Roma at one point?

RE: Summer mercato 2020 - Arildonardo - 06-12-2020

(06-12-2020, 03:44 AM)Lebanese Wrote: Wasn't he at to Roma at one point?

Yes, he was.

Not very impressive career statistics so far for a 23 year old.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umar_Sadiq#Career_statistics