AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012) - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: UEFA Champions League & Europa League (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012) (/showthread.php?tid=248)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012) - GeoTav - 03-27-2012

Wenger said Barcelona is currently the best team in the world, and MIlan can't win the CL because we have some "holes" in our team ...

Wenger is generally wrong with whatever he says, so my hopes just skyrocketed !!

RE: AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012) - Sputnik - 03-27-2012

My lets-be-mad-optimistic crystal ball says, one goal from Prince and one from Maxi.
The problem with my crystal ball is that, by default, it doesn't predict opponent's goals.

RE: AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012) - ACMILAN1983 - 03-27-2012

Our attacking set up will be vital, not only in our offensive set up, but also because we need to press from the front to really try and break Barca's rhythm, never mind the fact that without MvB we inevitably lose some protection in midfield (I can hope Ambro has a massive game), and without Thiago Silva in defence, we really need Nesta at 100%, which isn't likely as he's just gotten back.

Our fullbacks really concern me though.

For out attacking set up, without a doubt I would go for Ibra, Boateng and Robinho, as that's our strongest attacking lineup and most balanced. However, should Binho be unfit, then Maxi starts ahead of El Shaarawy for me, as he's always prepared to work his butt off to press opposing defences, and can act as a target up front in a game where we will probably play quite a few long passes. El Shaarawy can also act as our threat off the bench, as Barca always concede space at the back with how they play, and when tired his pace can do some real damage.

RE: AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012) - Best-Pundit - 03-27-2012

Which Barca players are on yellow cards by the way? It would be interesting if a couple of them get suspended for the return leg.

RE: AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012) - Aficio - 03-27-2012

(03-27-2012, 10:52 AM)mzk57 Wrote: Which Barca players are on yellow cards by the way? It would be interesting if a couple of them get suspended for the return leg.

They have Puyol

RE: AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012) - Best-Pundit - 03-27-2012

Its kind of normal that players usually do score against their former clubs. Maybe Maxi will do us a favor this time.

By the way, we have a score to settle with Fabragas in particular Sagrin This could be the season of revenge for AC Milan ...

Last time Messi was stopped by a 37 year old legend our cousins at Milan, this time it could a 36 year old legend Smile

RE: AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012) - honsano - 03-27-2012

Ibra has the chance to shape his career here. We really need a couple of big games from him in particular. I think that no matter how he plays, if we lose it will likely be seen as the Ibra not being able to replicate his domestic form. At the high end of the payroll he needs to show his worth in these big occasions. A few moments of brilliance is standard from this guy especially with KPB back.

RE: AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012) - ZvonimirBoban - 03-27-2012

(03-27-2012, 10:59 AM)Aficio Wrote:
(03-27-2012, 10:52 AM)mzk57 Wrote: Which Barca players are on yellow cards by the way? It would be interesting if a couple of them get suspended for the return leg.

They have Puyol

Well, we could hope 2-3 of them gets red card in 1st leg...
(03-27-2012, 09:11 AM)mzk57 Wrote: AC Milan 3-1 Barcelona. Its as simple as that.

Don't give them away goal, that could be dangerous. 3-0 or 2-0 will do us some favor...

RE: AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012) - Ryo - 03-27-2012

-----------Abbiati------
Bone-Nesta-Mexes-Nini
------Noce--Muntari---
--------Aqui-------
----------Prince----------
-----Rob-----Ibra----------

Bonera has been playing decent of late, and Zambrotta was burned too many times in the last outing against Barcelona to inspire confidence. Nini is an assured choice given the way he seems to have stabilised this year.

I believe that the midfield will be where our game is won or lost. In the first matchup, we had an inspiring opening and ending sandwiched by 88 minutes of pure nothing. Take nothing away from our defense, but they had to be at their best not to conceed anymore from the game because our team was incompetent in keeping and distributing the ball. At the time admittedly, our starting midfield had yet to gel though.

In our second matchup against them, we ran them close and only got ousted due to a soft Xavi penalty and Binho's ineptitude in front of goal (seems like everyone's forgotten that we could have actually won that match). Our midfield had gelled, but were by no means at their peak.

This time around, with our defense running on tired legs, our midfield will have to be absolutely perfect against them. We need destroyers and box-to-box mids that will run into the attacking zone and track back to defend. Boateng and Nocerino are absolutely essential, but the others need to help. I would take Ambro out of the match from the get-go and put Seedorf in based solely on his ability to retain the ball, as well as Ambro's showings in the past few weeks not being that convincing. Is Muntari in the squad? I'd love to try him in the middle.

Ibra and Binho can do what they do best, and Nesta and Mexes can do what they need to do, but in all its the middle four that will decide the outcome of our match. If we can defend and attack with the same togetherness and intensity, and if the balls happen to fall for us this time around, then I don't see why we cannot get the result we want, Thiago or no Thiago. Pato or no Pato.

RE: AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012) - Gabriel426 - 03-27-2012

Muntari cant play in CL. I also think Allegri will never play Ibra, ELS and Robinho together at the same time again unless Milan is down a goal due to the bad results against Arsenal in London.