AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012) - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: UEFA Champions League & Europa League (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012) (/showthread.php?tid=248)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012) - Gabriel426 - 03-28-2012

True that Ibra missed that chance but he did a pretty good job at trying to link up other players. On top of that, there were rarely any creativity from midfield. Or any movement from Robinho or other Mids.

RE: AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012) - ACM2023 - 03-28-2012

This is an acceptable result. We created no chance at all in the second half, due to the massive injury. Robinho was so disappointing. I can't believe my eyes when he missed that golden chance. The only player that's worse is Emanuelson. He was absolutely invisible, offered nothing offensively. The only two times I saw him he was horrible. He couldn't control the ball well in front of Barcelona's goal; if he did, that would be a chance (at least semi-chance) to score; then he lost ball outside of our own box, which eventually led to a shot by Xavi that went wide. Mesbah wasn't really impressive, but he was ok as a makeshift.

Antonini and Bonera were both amazing. Abbiati started shaky. I thought Sanchez fell easily but Abbiati did seem to touch his leg; then he couldn't hold on to the ball and almost cost us a goal. After then, he got his old self back, and Barcelona didn't really offer too much either.

The second half was less interesting than the first; ours were even more pathetic.

Lastly, the pass from Seedorf to Ibrahimovic from which the latter really should have scored was simply amazingly delicious.

RE: AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012) - LebRN - 03-28-2012

Ambro-Seedorf for 90 mins and played a monstrous game

i know we were all worried about that, so RESPECT to both

and Antonini!!!!! OMG Ole

RE: AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012) - Nalx - 03-28-2012

I have mixed feelings about this. We were rubbish upfront and wasteful with few chances that came our way. Yet compares to the two group games when we conceded five goals our defense did an admirable job tonight. And remember, we missed our 1st choice CB and RB tonight.

Barca couldn't really do much. Perhaps it had something to do with San Siro pitch. We all know what happened on a much better pitch in London. So result-wise, this scoreline with no goal conceded at home is acceptable IMO.

RE: AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012) - Revolver - 03-28-2012

Good game, and good result, taking into account we were without a good amount of players and we had to use all three substitutes because three of our players just come back from the injury.

Defense was MASSIVE. I cannot make my mind what was more magic performance of a veteran defender in a big game after just coming back from injury: That of Baresi in WC final, or this of Nesta tonight. Baresi is rated as best pure defender ever, but I must be honest and say that I think Nesta is better than him. Brilliant. Mexes was great, hell even Bonera and Antonini were absolutely brilliant in defense. Ambro too. This was a notebook performance of a defensive midfielder.

In midfield, Nocerino ran a lot, but nothing more, Seedorf is still most intelligent player out there, but the legs are gone. Boateng was a little disappointing.

And then attack... Robinho terrible! A terrible miss, and nowhere to be seen after that. Ibra even worse. I really think Ibra should get a paycheck cut for his display tonight. He was miserable, not even eager to run a yard.
It's more clearer and clearer why Allegri wants (another) striker. Robinho and Ibra are great for Serie A. Period. In CL they suck a big time.

Overall, good game by us, and good result, nothing is lost, we have a game left.

And for the end: if this is the best team ever, and if Messi is best player ever, I'm shitting on a football game, literally. Excuse me for the language.

RE: AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012) - maharaja - 03-28-2012

I am VERY happy with the result! They didn't humiliate us, and we looked quite decent!

Seedorf was awesome! Bonera and Antonini probably on some drugs, while Urby and Mesbah were disastrous! I can't criticize Ibra, there was not connection at all between midfield and the attack, especially there was not a creativity (beside Seedorf).

I hope that we can win on the away goal in Barcelona, but we will probably need to score twice for such occasion.

Barcelona was too cautious, especially at the end. I hope that they will stay cautious in Spain too Smile

RE: AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012) - tom-tom - 03-28-2012

Any score that ends in a draw, other than 0 - 0, at Camp Nou and Milan will advance. Sucks that Nesta got injured, hopefully he's ok, had a good game. Bonera, Ambrosini and Antonini had great games, even Seedorf played well. Robinho and Urby both chocked, both around the same time too, on their first touches. Mesbah is a disaster. Ibra tried, had a great opportunity but his shot was weak. Great Abbiati. Nocerino and Mexes did what they had to do. I remember last minute tackles from Bonera, Antonini and Ambrosini that saved us! Also, the referee could have easily given a PK to Barcelona on that Alexis Sanches tackle by Abbiati. Horrible, horrible pitch, no wonder there are so many injuries.

RE: AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012) - fLame - 03-28-2012

(03-28-2012, 09:45 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: True that Ibra missed that chance but he did a pretty good job at trying to link up other players. On top of that, there were rarely any creativity from midfield. Or any movement from Robinho or other Mids.

Ibra did great job at linking up who? Which match were you watching?
Ibra always played as our CF - the last man up the pitch.

And not only was he OFFSIDED FOR THE ENTIRE match. His offside stats would actually make Inzaghi envious. But he also failed to RUN AT THE FEW BALLS the team produced for him.

I specifically remember two occasions -
1. The defense splitting pass that was putting Ibra 1 on 1, but Ibra doesn't run.
2. Over the head chip by SES towards Ibra, and Ibra is just standing there.

Alright, you can say our midfield provided little for him.
FFS, we are playing Barca, and Ibra is our self proclaimed leader. Of course he has to work for his own chances himself.

Pato was crucified for every game where midfield didn't work for him (90% of Pato's bad games actually). But for Ibra it's a valid excuse?
Ibra had a shittier game than all Pato's matches put together.
Pato scored a wonder goal vs Barca, and hitman along with other people still said Pato sucked.

Anyway, my point is - sign Tevez or bring back Pato.
Ibra will flop in every big match, and at 29y.o. things aren't going to change.

RE: AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012) - Revolver - 03-28-2012

(03-28-2012, 09:52 PM)fLame Wrote: Pato was crucified for every game where midfield didn't work for him (90% of Pato's bad games actually). But for Ibra it's a valid excuse?
Pato scored a wonder goal vs Barca, and hitman along with other people still said Pato sucked.

This was the best post I read here since long time ago. Truth to the bone!

Whenever Ibra plays bad - and that is about every match against top 4 or 5 oppositions in the world - everyone is saying "He didn't had support". And whenever Pato plays bad - "Pato sucks".

And your right, in every bad game Pato played for us, he received no service at all. The guy scored literally against every big team he had a chance to play against, and still he sucks :S

Make Pato healthy or buy Tevez. Simple.

RE: AC Milan vs Barcelona (28th March, 2012) - maharaja - 03-28-2012

(03-28-2012, 09:52 PM)fLame Wrote:
(03-28-2012, 09:45 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: True that Ibra missed that chance but he did a pretty good job at trying to link up other players. On top of that, there were rarely any creativity from midfield. Or any movement from Robinho or other Mids.

Ibra did great job at linking up who? Which match were you watching?
Ibra always played as our CF - the last man up the pitch.

And not only was he OFFSIDED FOR THE ENTIRE match. His offside stats would actually make Inzaghi envious. But he also failed to RUN AT THE FEW BALLS the team produced for him.

I specifically remember two occasions -
1. The defense splitting pass that was putting Ibra 1 on 1, but Ibra doesn't run.
2. Over the head chip by SES towards Ibra, and Ibra is just standing there.

Alright, you can say our midfield provided little for him.
FFS, we are playing Barca, and Ibra is our self proclaimed leader. Of course he has to work for his own chances himself.

Pato was crucified for every game where midfield didn't work for him (90% of Pato's bad games actually). But for Ibra it's a valid excuse?

In Ibra's defense: He played so many games this year, and so many games in row now. Maybe he wasn't even 100% fit, but he had to play. And after 22 goals in Serie A, it is ungrateful to criticize him