AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer Mercato 2022 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer Mercato 2022 (/showthread.php?tid=2540)

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Bennacer - 05-12-2022

Gabriel Jesus is possibly the best and most realistic CF we get right now.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - nefremo - 05-12-2022

Ibra seems about done. So no matter what, he'll need to be replaced. I don't think we are a position to splash big on several players. Unless this Investcorp takeover happens and they splash 150-200M the first summer. That's a big if on bith fronts (IF they takeover and IF they spend that kind of cash). So at the moment, I think we need to assume that we will operate at Elliot's structure, which is expected to be somewhere around 80M this summer (based on multiple rumors, so let's just go with it.....even though in reality those are all bullshit as nobody ever really knows any club's budget and spending limits).

So going with that 80M amount, we are already about to spend 48-50 from it on Botman and Sanches. Crazy thing is that as good as these 2 guys may be, neither one of them really addresses our biggest needs (CAM, RW, CF). There is zero chance to address (effectively) all 3 of those positions with that leftover 30M or so. Therefore I'd rather go "big" on 1 of those positions amd blow the whole thing on 1 player. The others can wait. I'd rather that than get three 10M players. I think with Adli and Sanches coming in, we could be fine at ACM for next year and maybe even switch to a 3 man midfield anyway. Diaz is not great, but we do have him on loan for another year as well. If Rebic stays (and hopefully stays healthy...seems impossible for him), than maybe we go for Belotti for free and have those 2 along with Giroud be the strikers to start the season. Which leaves the RW position the one to "splash" 30M on. Not ideal, but it's a "choose the lesser evil" type of situation imo.

That leaves open the question of "what RW can you buy with 30M"? Seems Pepe is one, but not sure I trust this guy will lift us up. I'm assuming he'll be better than Saele and Messias? Hard not to be at this point I guess. But he's also struggled bit time at Arsenal. I don't know of any other links other than Berardi. His numbers are great, but I've never been convinced. Gabriel Jesus is one more I guess and he could be a great option as he can play as a RW and as CF.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Arildonardo - 05-12-2022

(05-12-2022, 06:01 PM)Bennacer Wrote: Gabriel Jesus is possibly the best and most realistic CF we get right now.

Yes, his name has come up a few times lately. But also Jonathan David and even Giovanni Simeone was mentioned.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Arildonardo - 05-12-2022

(05-12-2022, 05:48 PM)honsano Wrote: This mercato seems like it is going to be a headache. We don’t seem to realize we need a goal scorer. Ibra is injured. Rebic and Leao don’t seem to get beyond 10. Giroud the same (similar for his entire career). Origi is even worse

We keep bulking up this team, but unless we by someone who can score we will struggle next season too. The reality is that if we had a 20+ goal scorer the Scudetto would easily be ours, EASILY.

I'm pretty sure we don't know ALL the details of what's going on behind closed doors. I'm sure a new striker is on our shortlist. 20+ goals strikers are expensive though and not that many are available.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - porcho - 05-13-2022

(05-12-2022, 04:53 PM)Bennacer Wrote: https://sempremilan.com/milan-interested-nicolas-pepe-arsenal-30m

Absolutely not negative. Under the right enviroment he can explode. He as better than Leao at Lille, so how can it be in Italy if truste? 30 mill and a salary of 3/4 mill euros a year. Big buy!

I'd love Pepe. on him being a failure at Arsenal. Arsenal is a shit show so I wouldn't completely discount him. I mean Auba was average at Arsenal and has done well for Barca

(05-12-2022, 06:01 PM)Bennacer Wrote: Gabriel Jesus is possibly the best and most realistic CF we get right now.

I think he'd be a perfect fit for us. That sort of versatile striker would be a better fit for us. 
Would be even better if we had a front three of Leao-Jesus-Pepe.

(05-12-2022, 07:03 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: Yes, his name has come up a few times lately. But also Jonathan David and even Giovanni Simeone was mentioned.

I'd love David but he'd be too expensive. More so than Jesus. 
Simeone is a decent alternative. cheaper than Scamacca for example and offers more versatility in that he's not so much a traditional 9. Question would be whether he'd be good enough to make the step up. and I'm not sure he is.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - reza - 05-13-2022

David would be more expensive than Jesus? So when it comes to us EPL option is suddenly cheaper Tongue I am kind of joking because I know their contract situation, recent record and age difference too.

A Canadian at Milan would be great though, more Serie A TV coverage here.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - slifersd1 - 05-13-2022

Jonathan David seems too obvious of a target for us not to pursue. We have been pillaging players from Lille for years now and have no reason to stop now lol

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - porcho - 05-13-2022

(05-13-2022, 01:15 AM)reza Wrote: David would be more expensive than Jesus? So when it comes to us EPL option is suddenly cheaper Tongue I am kind of joking because I know their contract situation, recent record and age difference too.

A Canadian at Milan would be great though, more Serie A TV coverage here.

(05-13-2022, 01:40 AM)slifersd1 Wrote: Jonathan David seems too obvious of a target for us not to pursue. We have been pillaging players from Lille for years now and have no reason to stop now lol

Oh David would be an amazing option. and 100% we get the commercial aspect as well as the footballing aspect. The only issue is beating the EPL teams to strike a deal

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - honsano - 05-13-2022

I’m not even saying that we spend a ton of money. Instead I’m hoping we find someone who is more decisive in the final third. Origi is appearing more like Giroud in that he is a facilitator and part time goal scorer. I think we have all watched games this season and wondered why did you flick it Giroud instead of shoot? Why make that pass instead of shooting?

Rebic is a goal scorer and his style of play as a CF in the mold we should be looking for (as he is a physically broken player for much of the year). He is not a target man. He is a bit of a facilitator but he has speed and a sense of goal. We need someone with speed who can play direct. We need that foil to these Giroud and Origi. We all saw how effective a 40 year old Ibra was. I’m not a scout so I can’t name names. But when I see our forwards this far as Origi and Giroud, I’m seeing another season where we struggle for goals to close out games and rely on our defense and Maignan to have another stellar season.

Also I’m not saying buy big. I’m hoping we are utilizing our strategy of growing these hyper talented youngsters. But, they need playing time too. How much time can a youngster get behind Giroud AND Origi? It suggests our management thinks they can make these guys into something they are not.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Aficio - 05-13-2022

Gabriel comes back as 2nd GK is not bad. We will have a very good GK group.

https://sempremilan.com/milan-gabriel-return-maignan-deputy