AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer Mercato 2022 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer Mercato 2022 (/showthread.php?tid=2540)

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - nefremo - 05-24-2022

I assume you mean we won't be able to do much in terms of reinforcements to allow us to make a run in the CL?
I agree; however, I don't think we need THAT much to be competitive. I honestly have always believed that our run in the CL will likely come from the current group anyway. The growth they have shown is incredible. In terms of physicality, the technical ability, but most of all mentality. Many times, it comes down to that. It comes down to confidence. To self-belief. Winning breeds winning and it helps players play with more confidence. All of a sudden they are not scared to try things on the ball. To find solutions themselves rather than pass the ball off to someone else and hope they find the solution. This is happening with this group right in front of our eyes. And if that continues, I don't see why they can't make a run in the CL. Of course, we need to supplement the current group with more quality, hence, some signings are definitely needed.

Lastly, the CL many times comes down to the small details but also some luck. Luck with the draw, luck with injuries (or lack thereof I should say in key moments of the season), hitting form at the right time, etc. Look at Villareal this year. Who wouod have thought? But they were SO close to making it into the final.

I am hopeful of this group. Sure, we are not favorites by any stretch of the imagination. But I think it's time we start to realize that we have a special group on our hands. We have multiple world class players in the making here. And they are all still so young and so hungry to win. This, I believe will make the difference.

I see media and other fans out there talking about how this Scudetto was such an "unbelievable" achievement! But why? Why so unbelievable? Have they followed Milan's progression the past 2 years? They keep talking about how Bennacer came from a relegation side and he was "an Arsenal reject". Ok, but that was a long time ago. THIS Bennacer is NOT that player. Tonali came from Brescia. Had a bad season last year. But THIS Tonali is not that player anymore. Tomori, Kalulu, Theo, Leao, etc, etc. These are different players. And to those that watched this team week in week out...this Scudetto was NOT unbelievable. As a matter of fact, when you look at their performances, it's pretty normal that this group won it if you ask me. Not only that, we completely dominated the top of the table. I don't have those details handy...but dom't we have BY FAR the most points wom against top 8 teams? About 10 points more than the next best? But people still doubt this group. Hopefully it serves as further motivation.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - honsano - 05-24-2022

This team grew A LOT the last few games. I honestly thought we would fold particularly as Ibra was out. The guys looked nervy here and there, but got through it. For me, the formula was clear. Leao, Maignan, Tomori and Kalulu. Obviously Tonali and Theo and Giroud played big roles. But we shut shit down defensively and Leao was unplayable. Like how many clean sheets did we have in our last five league games? That was insane. Kalulu is 20, I don’t think any reasonable person could expect him to not just step up but be so consistent which was the opposite of last season when his brain farts cost direct goals.

Still, we don’t have players that are going to score goals. When you see kamikazee styles of play like by Liverpool, PSG and Real you can’t always rely on your defense. We need more goal contributors. That would also wrap up the league much sooner too. Let’s see how the mercato goes. I trust MMM to find some gems. I also trust that whoever we get for the RW will be given room for growth. The future is bright if we can keep the core.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Bennacer - 05-24-2022

https://www.rousingthekop.com/2022/04/25/the-best-finisher-liverpool-man-with-no-pl-starts-is-absolutely-lethal-in-front-of-goal-claims-klopp/

Pretty stunning when you have the likes of Salah and Mane in the club... I think he can turn out to be devastating. Im exited!

What's happening with Lucas Moura this summer? I've caught a few Tottenham games this year and he's been in and out of the lineup. Will they sell? Whenever saw him in, he still has that crazy turn of pace and explosiveness cwhich coupled with his physique (powerful, short and stocky) makes him very hard to dispossess when he gets in full stride on the ball. I would definitely consider him for the right side. He's about to be 30 in a couple months here, but whereas it's always expcted that players like him will slow down with age, he really hasn't. His numbers are not great abd they never have been. But I don't know. I feel like this is the type of player we need for the right.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - reza - 05-24-2022

Conte will buy someone like Sanchez and sell Lucas Moura Big Grin

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - slifersd1 - 05-24-2022

(05-24-2022, 09:57 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: Mbappe to

@Gazzetta_it

: “My bond with Milan is special. When I was little I had an Italian babysitter and I spent a lot of time with her family who were all Milan fans. Thanks to them I supported Milan and watched a lot of their games.”

Mbappe: “I have always said: If I ever play in Italy it will only be for Milan. I can’t help but congratulate them for the Scudetto, with many French teammates playing there and Ibrahimovic, a legend whom I respect a lot.”

M'bappe to Milan for free in 2025!

Oh hell no. That money hungry whore can stay the hell away from our team. He just signed his new contract and can't keep other teams' names out of his mouth, flirting with literally everyone along the way. Keep his butt in Paris where he belongs, we don't need a diva like him here

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Beppe - 05-24-2022

Noa Lang linked bigtime in belgian media again. They look very sure, we are negotiating for him.

Lang seems to be a good player. But all the talk out there about his attitude problems does concern me.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Beppe - 05-24-2022

Yes the attitude problem is there. But maybe in a positive environment it can be under control.
His style of play do tick a lot of boxes, he is a very energetic technical player with great dribbling skills and an eye for goal.

BTW reports say Ibra will continu for another year…

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Sleeping Giant - 05-24-2022

Whoever becomes our next owner, atleast 100M should be on summer market.