AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer Mercato 2022 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer Mercato 2022 (/showthread.php?tid=2540)

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - reza - 06-25-2022

The original issue remains, especially when we have Calabria and Florenzi I think it would be a mistake to break up Kalulu and Tomori. Which one of Botman, Romagnoli (and Christensen too) are willing to be bench players and wait for injuries/tiredness and why are we willing to spend 30 or even 20 for this. Yes we are going to have many games to play next season but even Tomori is not a certain NT player or starter. These players likely have good rest time in November/December.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Artan - 06-25-2022

(06-25-2022, 02:00 PM)reza Wrote: The original issue remains, especially when we have Calabria and Florenzi I think it would be a mistake to break up Kalulu and Tomori. Which one of Botman, Romagnoli  (and Christensen too) are willing to be bench players and wait for injuries/tiredness and why are we willing to spend 30 or even 20 for this. Yes we are going to have many games to play next season but even Tomori is not a certain NT player or starter. These players likely have good rest time in November/December.

Fully agree.Let Kalulu - Tomorri grow up and develop together. They have lots of potential, Kjaer is also there to back up. Why destroy things when they are fine. No need for expensive experimenta IMO. Added to that, the money could be placed elsewhere. 

By the way, Kessie deal to Barcelona has collapsed i think.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - nefremo - 06-25-2022

Adding quality isn't destroying anything. We need more than just those 2.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Artan - 06-25-2022

Sure, but adding quality is more needed in other areas, say AM, RW, CF. Given the transfer budget, we have to set priorities apparently. And CB isn't a bleeding spot for now.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Codazzi - 06-25-2022

We got the scudetto but it shouldnt prevent us to see our soft spots and mistakes in squad assembly. Inter scored more goals than us. Ok maybe it is not shocking since they were serious contenders as well but what about Napoli and Lazio? They scored more than us too.

We scored 69 in total and Verona did 65. We have to bring quality up front. Only Leao is not enough for a team like us. Our priority should be AM,RW and CF.

If Pioli thinks Adli is enough, I would disagree but fine. However, RW and CF are musts.

The money we will get from JPH wil go to Florenzi and Messias. I guess we're gonna sell Toure, Duarte, Caldara and sign a new Italian LB. I would sell Saele and use the budget for a RW and a CF. After all that, we should look for a CM and a CB imo. In order for it to happen, I guess we need to part ways with Bakayoko and Romagnoli first.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - nefremo - 06-25-2022

I agree with those priorities. If money is a reason not to buy a CB and prioritize other positions, ok. I was just saying I don't think the reason not to buy one should be so to not break up Tomori/Kalulu. The more quality (if funds allow it), the better. Let Pioli deal with the headache and let the player battle it out.

Also, not sure (most) players worry about competition too much. They want to play for the biggest clubs in the biggest competitions. It's everyone's dream. And than, money helps too. But players are always convinced they are good enough to start (of course, there are exceptions to every situation...but talking majority). Cristensen is an example himself. He went to Chelsea when there was a ton of competition there. None of them "want" to sit on the bench. But whent they sign, they don't "think" that they will.

Anyway, we'll see what happens. I for one hope there is money for a CB because my opinion is we do really need another "starting quality" CB. We only have 1 of those (in addition to Kalulu/Tomori) and he is just coming back from an ACL injury.

Would I spend a lot of money on a CB and sacrifice the possibility if a top RW? No.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - reza - 06-25-2022

Quality is always good but look at league winning rich teams CDs

City: Dias, Laporte, Stones, Ake
PSG: Marqunihos, Ramos, Kimpembe, Diallo
Real: Alaba, Militao, Nacho, Vallejo

Probably missed a big name or two, but not many(?) I am close to saying we shouldn't any CDs at all but that's also why I am not even a console football coach or playing the PL Big Grin

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Artan - 06-26-2022

And Milan are already talking to Acerbi's agent

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Aficio - 06-26-2022

Botman mission failed, but we should continue with athletic CB like Bremer, Kim Min Jae, Malick Thiaw, or Arthur Theate (I really like him each time watching Bologna - against us and Inter).

Having a CB pair from: Kjaer, Gabbia and Acerbi is very worrisome.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Inas - 06-26-2022

(06-25-2022, 05:36 PM)nefremo Wrote: I agree with those priorities. If money is a reason not to buy a CB and prioritize other positions, ok. I was just saying I don't think the reason not to buy one should be so to not break up Tomori/Kalulu. The more quality (if funds allow it), the better. Let Pioli deal with the headache and let the player battle it out.

Also, not sure (most) players worry about competition too much. They want to play for the biggest clubs in the biggest competitions. It's everyone's dream. And than, money helps too. But players are always convinced they are good enough to start (of course, there are exceptions to every situation...but talking majority). Cristensen is an example himself. He went to Chelsea when there was a ton of competition there. None of them "want" to sit on the bench. But whent they sign, they don't "think" that they will.

Anyway, we'll see what happens. I for one hope there is money for a CB because my opinion is we do really need another "starting quality" CB. We only have 1 of those (in addition to Kalulu/Tomori) and he is just coming back from an ACL injury.

Would I spend a lot of money on a CB and sacrifice the possibility if a top RW? No.
I'm with you 100% on this "CB, Tomori-Kalulu" issues. Reading your views on this makes me feel I don't need to add anything