AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer Mercato 2022 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer Mercato 2022 (/showthread.php?tid=2540)

Summer Mercato 2022 - Inas - 06-26-2022

Okay, I will add something afterall - it's not primarily about breaking up Tomori-Kalulu. No. It's also about having viable options in the event of suspension, injury to either of those two. And am I the only one who will love to have a commanding physical presence in the 18yard to deal with aerial situations? Add to that the numerous games we are going to play.

So unlike some of you guys, I don't relish the idea of Romagnoli or Gabbia pairing anyone for crucial matches in the crucial stage of the season. And why do we have this idea ingrained in our minds that getting a CB excludes getting a RW and/or AMC? Everyone seems to believe we have only €40m to spend

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - sylrus - 06-26-2022

(06-26-2022, 05:59 AM)Inas Wrote: Okay, I will add something afterall - it's not primarily about breaking up Tomori-Kalulu. No. It's also about having viable options in the event of suspension, injury to either of those two. And am I the only one who will love to have a commanding physical presence in the 18yard to deal with aerial situations? Add to that the numerous games we are going to play.

So unlike some of you guys, I don't relish the idea of Romagnoli or Gabbia pairing anyone for crucial matches in the crucial stage of the season. And why do we have this idea ingrained in our minds that getting a CB excludes getting a RW and/or AMC? Everyone seems to believe we have only €40m to spend

would you say the same thing about kalulu a year ago when he isnt 1st team?

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - sylrus - 06-26-2022

my point is, give the youngster a chance, you all already know from day 1 elliot take charge of us we will become a youth builder team, if in the process we can grab a scudetto its a bonus, than we can sold them for higher prices, look at how we handle hauge, that is what we will be doing to youngster that we bought, we wont be buying ready made players, accept it. look how long it took for calabria to get to now, and can he still improve in the future? we dont know, and look at leao, you all calling his head one year ago to be sold. the important part is, give youngster time to grow, time to play, not bench them.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Inas - 06-26-2022

(06-26-2022, 07:20 AM)sylrus Wrote: would you say the same thing about kalulu a year ago when he isnt 1st team?
Different scenarios. Kalulu was a virtual unknown. He was tried at RB and I recall we all saw the potential in him and the athleticism. Gabbia and Romagnoli we all know what to expect. We know them, won't be too far fetched to say we've seen their ceilings.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - hwmook - 06-26-2022

(06-26-2022, 07:29 AM)Inas Wrote: Different scenarios. Kalulu was a virtual unknown. He was tried at RB and I recall we all saw the potential in him and the athleticism. Gabbia and Romagnoli we all know what to expect. We know them, won't be too far fetched to say we've seen their ceilings.

I don't think it's right to put Gabbia and Romagnoli in the same bucket. Romagnoli won't be better, he is already 27. Gabbia is 22 and still can improve.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Zio Fester - 06-26-2022

Corriere dello Sport: Rebic is one of the first names that the Rossoneri could sacrifice in order to try and add some more money to the transfer budget. He is not viewed as non-transferable by Milan who have a limited transfer budget this summer.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Inas - 06-26-2022

(06-26-2022, 08:19 AM)hwmook Wrote: I don't think it's right to put Gabbia and Romagnoli in the same bucket. Romagnoli won't be better, he is already 27. Gabbia is 22 and still can improve.
Well, you have a point

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Aficio - 06-26-2022

"AC Milan will be ready to make a move for Argentine forward Paulo Dybala in 10 days if Inter have not already signed him, a report claims."

I am not sure about the credibility of the news, but this is the right time to sign him as he cannot request a big salary.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Beppe - 06-26-2022

We are linked with arthur theate a lot in recent days, hope we wont go for him, he’s below average. I’ve seen him play with belgian nt revently a few times, he aint it.

I wouldnt mind Acerbi + Thiaw, Gabbia on loan.
Acerbi is a cheap stop gap solution, low wages and a 2 yr contract.
Thiaw will get his minutes and with 2 older CD in the squad he will get more playing time in the future.

It would be a low cost solution so we can spend the money on our attack!

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - nefremo - 06-26-2022

Big no for Acerbi from me. He had a couple decent seasons for Lazio. But it was all in a back 3 and that helped him. He can not play in a back 4. He is physically not up to it. He is more or less a Romagnoli. Not explosive or athletic enough to deal with 1v1 situations. Very slow so he can't deal with speedy strikers and totally incapable of playing a high pressing line. Not strong enough to deal with physical strikers on his own.
He literaly doesn't check any box for me.

No point of getting him imo. I'd rather keep Gabbia if that's the choice.

Thiaw is highly rated I know. But I can't say I've seen him play other than youtube clips.