AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer Mercato 2022 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer Mercato 2022 (/showthread.php?tid=2540)

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - ACMmike - 07-01-2022

President of Lille on whether Milan or PSG have offered for Renato:

We haven’t received any interest from PSG.

We’ll lol, there goes that I guess. I suppose Renato might still come. Him and Dybala will be a nice start to MM renewal

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Bennacer - 07-01-2022

Interesting days in front of us. Things will acclerate quickly now i think.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Demonbanana - 07-01-2022

Exclusive: #Dida does not renew for personal reasons. Flavio Roma cmdotcom should arrive in his place

So Dida is going back to Brazil? He seems to of done a great job with our GK's the past few year's.
Is Roma the right replacement?

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Demonbanana - 07-01-2022

(07-01-2022, 02:24 AM)honsano Wrote: Maldini contract extension was made way more dramatic than it needed to be. Hoping he has a reasonable explanation (not that we deserve one as they are Champs of Italy). Also the pressure is on to now really produce a next level team with this Mercado.

I’m not sure why everyone here is all about Dybala. Without Kessie next season, we are more susceptible to being attacked. Dybala isn’t known to press well. Maybe this aspect of his game he can change, but the injury worries he can not. We need a Rebic like player, but with more skill and without frequent injuries, in that role to effectively take this team to the next level.

Icardi in the other hand would be fantastic. He would stick it to inter AND have an axe to grind in general to show he is a good player. The main problem is he brings ten times the drama of a maldini extension.

I guess we have to see who replaces Kessie. But regardless,  none of our potential attack press.

Leao, Dybala and Ziyech don't press

But Dybala AND Icardi would both have an axe to grind.
Just didn't want Wanda's crap at the club.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Bennacer - 07-01-2022

Demonbanana: You have a valid point. Its a little press against quality. The quality of Dybala and Ziyech is miles better than Saelemakers and Krunic/Diaz, but the latter is a lot better in the pressing game When you lose Kessie and have a pretty lazy Leao on the left, we could be really vulnerable on counters. Btw, i will say Zieych is above average at pressing, but Dybala? No. He needs to develop if he wants to fit in our team.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Zio Fester - 07-01-2022

Corriere Dello Sport:  Maldini didn’t get all of the power in the decision-making that he asked for, but he has been given better terms than the ones before. He will still have to report to a CEO which, until November, will be Ivan Gazidis.

Pressure on Maldini to deliver after the power struggle. Nowhere to hide now.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Aficio - 07-01-2022

Power is not just about position, but also the results & impact.

So Maldini's power is increased regardless of the contract (which surely equal or greater than the old one).

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - nefremo - 07-01-2022

(07-01-2022, 01:41 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: Would you take a risk on someone like Pepe? EPL hasn't suited him and linking up with some old Lille boy's might help him.

He is hard one to consider if he will recapture his form or if Ligue 1 was his limit.

I'm not sure about him. He looked unstoppable in France, and than went to crap. He may be worth the risk, but I'm hoping we sign someone that we don't necessarily need to recover. Those types of signings remind me of the late Galliani era...where he would sign "former champions" and we'd all hope that they could go back to their form from 5 years ago. It rarely ever worked and even if they did perform better, they never discovered their old self fully.

(07-01-2022, 02:24 AM)honsano Wrote: I’m not sure why everyone here is all about Dybala. Without Kessie next season, we are more susceptible to being attacked. Dybala isn’t known to press well. Maybe this aspect of his game he can change, but the injury worries he can not. We need a Rebic like player, but with more skill and without frequent injuries, in that role to effectively take this team to the next level.

Icardi in the other hand would be fantastic. He would stick it to inter AND have an axe to grind in general to show he is a good player. The main problem is he brings ten times the drama of a maldini extension.

I agree with the press issue. But many teams have 1 or 2 players that half-ass the press. I hate it, which is why I'm always on Leao. Anyway, the interesting part of what you said is that you'll take Icardi but not Dybala. I know one is a ST and the other more or less a SS, but for me, all 10 players need to press, starting from the striker. So if the issue with Dybala is pressing, than I can't see how it's not an issue with Icardi.

Anyhow, Icardi, as you pointed out, comes with a ton of baggage. I'm not so much about sticking it to Inter. Not even sure they (or their fans) care much about Icardi anyway. I would personally stay as far away from him as possible. 

(07-01-2022, 08:55 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: Exclusive: #Dida does not renew for personal reasons. Flavio Roma cmdotcom should arrive in his place

So Dida is going back to Brazil? He seems to of done a great job with our GK's the past few year's.
Is Roma the right replacement?

This sucks. He seemed to have a great relationship with Mike. Not much we can do about it I guess, but I hope whoever comes in can have the same impact.

(07-01-2022, 10:28 AM)Zio Fester Wrote: Corriere Dello Sport:  Maldini didn’t get all of the power in the decision-making that he asked for, but he has been given better terms than the ones before. He will still have to report to a CEO which, until November, will be Ivan Gazidis.

Pressure on Maldini to deliver after the power struggle. Nowhere to hide now.

And the stories come out....the same people that had no idea if/when/why contract is being signed/not signed, now seem to know the FULL details.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - reza - 07-01-2022

Why would a CEO exist if he can't ask a director report to him, a director not having big money powers is justified. Stupid reports that rumour makers know will gain a lot of attention because fans want Maldini to have everything, not gonna happen unless Maldini has a stake in the ownership himself.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - nefremo - 07-01-2022

Checks and balances are necessary. Maldini can't be his own boss. He can't be in charge of the technical area and also be the CEO. I'm sure this is not what he wanted and it's pure fabrication from the media. After all, he is the one that had (rightfully) a big problem with Gazidis interfering in the technical area in the beginning. So why would he now want the same? That's very hypocritical. The 2 should be segregated. Of course, a CEO (or any other position in oversight of all operations) will have the power to veto a sporting operation. But that's part of the checks and balances. As long as it's all done with reason, it's all part of business.