AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer Mercato 2022 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer Mercato 2022 (/showthread.php?tid=2540)

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - ACMmike - 07-07-2022

I'm shocked we signed Messias without offloading Saelemakers and even if we did do that I think it was the wrong thing to do. Saele is younger and shows more potential. Why get rid of a young player with potential for a guy like Messias? OR better yet if we keep both, why keep two average players? Bit confused here.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - ACMmike - 07-07-2022

(07-06-2022, 12:47 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: I would rather have Asensio than Ziyech. One year left on Asensio's contract. But I guess the real stumbling block are his wages...

That's a tough one for me  I'm a big fan of both players. I feel like Ziyech could do so damn well in Pioli's system

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - reza - 07-07-2022

Stuff like this:

Milan plan to raise their offer for Charles De Ketelaere in the next few days from 20 million euros + bonuses to 30 million euros including bonuses. Rossoneri may join certain players to the potential transaction.
[Milannews.it]

20+bonuses is how much less than 30 including bonuses? Come on lol. I certainly hope rumours are made up or wrong translation even, cause this is just embarrassing.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Arildonardo - 07-07-2022

(07-07-2022, 05:35 AM)reza Wrote: Stuff like this:

Milan plan to raise their offer for Charles De Ketelaere in the next few days from 20 million euros + bonuses to 30 million euros including bonuses. Rossoneri may join certain players to the potential transaction.
[Milannews.it]

20+bonuses is how much less than 30 including bonuses? Come on lol. I certainly hope rumours are made up or wrong translation even, cause this is just embarrassing.

Depends on the bonuses... The bonuses could be easily reachable or not, like playing 5 matches or winning the CL 5 times. It could be percentage of next sale, which in theory could be never - so €0. There are so many types of bonuses.

I'm not sure if Leeds' reported bid of €35m came with bonuses on top of that or what?

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Demonbanana - 07-07-2022

(07-07-2022, 04:08 AM)ACMmike Wrote: I'm shocked we signed Messias without offloading Saelemakers and even if we did do that I think it was the wrong thing to do. Saele is younger and shows more potential. Why get rid of a young player with potential for a guy like Messias? OR better yet if we keep both, why keep two average players? Bit confused here.

I disagree that Alexis has shown much of anything. 
He has a good work rate but not much else hence why we need new RW- He did didn't improve at all. 
Just because a player is young doesn't mean he will improve.  It will be good if he does but this is the time to sell him , he has no end product and doesn't seem to know what to do in the final third.

Messias was statistically and actually our best RW and that's not a good thing.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Demonbanana - 07-07-2022

Nico Schira reports : Nasti will go on loan to Coszena this upcoming season.

Milan have initiated contact for Sanches again. The over is €10M + bonuses

De Ketelaere, via his agent, has accepted a 5 year contract with Milan and must wait for the clubs to find an agreement.

Former Milan captain Alessio Romagnoli has agreed a deal.with Lazio for €3.5M(including bonuses) until 2027.

And thankfully Bernardeschi is going to Toronto. I mentioned this because he has been linked to Milan several times.

There is a very big financial gap between AC Milan and Chelsea right now when it comes to the sale of Hakim Ziyech, a report claims.

As has been reported by Miguel Delaney for The Independent in the United Kingdom, the two clubs have very different valuations for the Moroccan winger which suggests that a move may not be as close as many in the Italian media believe.

Tottenham's Japhet Tanganga linked again. A Tomori-like operation.

PSG stands firm on €20m asking price for Abdou Diallo.

PSG rumours just a smokescreen to increase Milan's offer for Renato Sanches claims Tuttosport. Milan are expected to make a new attempt according to Gianluca Di Marzio.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - nefremo - 07-07-2022

(07-07-2022, 03:25 AM)reza Wrote: Tomori wasn't cheap, not for us any way.

If budget is as low as it seems some days, it has to be clear from the outset.

CL qualification = 30 million budget, Europa = 20, etc should be known long before market opens. Then knowing that we must know that a certain set of players are not possible. CDK just as an example, even without EPL, Brugge should not give him for less than 30. We might not care about Brugge but that's not the point, the point is us knowing our limits.

If the window closes without big investment then there is something more than we know.

Tomori was a Loan + option. That's as cheap as it gets in my book.  Sagrin Yes, than we had to dish out 28mil but it was somewhat "safe" at that point.

Anyway, I agree that we should know certain players are not possible. I just don't agree that CDK and the likes are in that "impossible for us" group of players. 

Agents and intermediaries do all the bidding these days. You are interested in a player and reach out to the agent. From that point om, they take over as the intermediary. So they'll tell you what the asking price is, they'll convey your offer to the club, etc. If agent comes back and says "Brugge's valuation to let my client go is 30m"....and Maldini looks into the bank account and there is only 5m...than I agree with you 100%. There is no point in wasting time and resources. BUT, if we got 20m available (and willing) to spend on this and we convey that to the agent....the ball is in their court. If they think they can free up that player for that amount (or close to that), than why not negotiate?

I think CDK is definitely wihin the realm of possibility for us. I think we do have the 30m to spend on him. Whether we think the risk is worth it, is another question. I see no problem with offering 20m...and adding on stipulations in the agreement that we'll pay more IF the player performs up to the 30m standard that he's being valued at.

By the way, I know very little about CDK. I'm hearing all this hype so I can only hope it's true (if we sign him). He does seem like a "German type" player, and that I like. I know he's from Belgium. By German, I mean simple and effective. Think Ballack, Muller, Lahm, Deisler, Kroos, Goretzka, Havertz, etc. Nothing super flashy. Probably doesn't ever steal the light in a game. But effective and always consistent. If this is true (as his youtube videos suggest), than I'm all for it.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - nefremo - 07-07-2022

(07-07-2022, 12:13 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: Tottenham's Japhet Tanganga linked again. A Tomori-like operation.

PSG stands firm on €20m asking price for Abdou Diallo.

PSG rumours just a smokescreen to increase Milan's offer for Renato Sanches claims Tuttosport. Milan are expected to make a new attempt according to Gianluca Di Marzio.

Tanganga seems like a Tomori opportunity. Not in terms of quality...nit sure about that. But in terms of opportunity. This stinks like a loan + option type deal.

I would not give PSG any money. They don't need it. Big Grin Loan + option or nothing. Big Grin

On Renato, wasn't Di Marzio the one claiming that Sanches > PSG is imminent? I hope he's right, but these guys sure as hell do change their mind every day.