AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer Mercato 2022 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer Mercato 2022 (/showthread.php?tid=2540)

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - hwmook - 07-28-2022

(07-28-2022, 12:48 PM)Demonbanana Wrote: Inter lost Perisic,  arguably there most important player last season. They may be close to losing Skrinier as well as having a GK issue like PSG, Handanovic vs Onana could cause some tension.

You are right, I have forgotten about Perisic as he left on a free transfer. They gain Lukaku so that is about the same as before. 

With bremer gone now, Inter is going to suffer without Skrinier.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - nefremo - 07-28-2022

They may be able to keep Skriniar which will be good for them (keeping the defensive unit together), but they still have to end the summer with 60m+ (apparently). If they were going to sell Skriniar for 70/75 and than sign Bremer for 30 (at least that was their plan), than they only needed to sell small (or get rod of some high salaried players - Sanchez, Dzeko - easier said than done) to make up the remaining. More or less status quo - if you believe Bremer was going to adequately replace Skriniar.

But obviously things have now changed with them losing out on Bremer. They could keep Skriniar like I said as an adeqiate replacement no longer exists, but they still need to sell big. This is where they'll get screwed. They are stuck in a choice on which department to weaken severely. Defence (Skriniar)? Midfield (Barella, Brozovic)? Attack (Lautaro)? If I was them, I'd try and sell Lautaro (will probably get 40m for him) and be done with it. But his market is probably midtable EPL sides (and only ones that will pay that much) so convincing him to leave won't be as simple.

One thing is true now....I think Inter, currently, is stronger than they were last season. I don't think it's a definite for that to stay that way though.

Our strength actually lies in the improvement of the current young squad we have. Signings or not, although they help, this was always going to be our case. If our players that showed so much improvement last season (Maignan, Theo, Tomori, Kalulu, Tonali, Leao, healthy Bennacer with more game time) continue their growth (I don't see why not - as they are in that age and they gained confidence with the Scudetto, experience with the CL, etc)....than we are still ahead. There is no amount of signings that will make up for that. Internal growth, continuity, experience, etc....is the best thing you can have. If than, we can supplement that with a couple of quality signings (CDK, Adli), we'll be flying.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Aficio - 07-28-2022

(07-28-2022, 02:14 PM)nefremo Wrote: They may be able to keep Skriniar which will be good for them (keeping the defensive unit together), but they still have to end the summer with 60m+ (apparently). If they were going to sell Skriniar for 70/75 and than sign Bremer for 30 (at least that was their plan), than they only needed to sell small (or get rod of some high salaried players - Sanchez, Dzeko - easier said than done) to make up the remaining. More or less status quo - if you believe Bremer was going to adequately replace Skriniar.

But obviously things have now changed with them losing out on Bremer. They could keep Skriniar like I said as an adeqiate replacement no longer exists, but they still need to sell big. This is where they'll get screwed. They are stuck in a choice on which department to weaken severely. Defence (Skriniar)? Midfield (Barella, Brozovic)? Attack (Lautaro)? If I was them, I'd try and sell Lautaro (will probably get 40m for him) and be done with it. But his market is probably midtable EPL sides (and only ones that will pay that much) so convincing him to leave won't be as simple.

One thing is true now....I think Inter, currently, is stronger than they were last season. I don't think it's a definite for that to stay that way though.

Our strength actually lies in the improvement of the current young squad we have. Signings or not, although they help, this was always going to be our case. If our players that showed so much improvement last season (Maignan, Theo, Tomori, Kalulu, Tonali, Leao, healthy Bennacer with more game time) continue their growth (I don't see why not - as they are in that age and they gained confidence with the Scudetto, experience with the CL, etc)....than we are still ahead. There is no amount of signings that will make up for that. Internal growth, continuity, experience, etc....is the best thing you can have. If than, we can supplement that with a couple of quality signings (CDK, Adli), we'll be flying.

Okmilan  The improvement of youngsters is like some big transfers each season.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - ACMmike - 07-28-2022

(07-28-2022, 06:32 AM)hwmook Wrote: On paper Aaron Ramsey, Rabiot are all excellent players. In truth, they play like crap and Juve want to get rid of them.

Werner has 4 goals in the league last season, he has been playing like crap for a few years now. I don't see how he will make Juve stronger.

Di Maria and Pogba are experienced players though. Vlahovic starting a fresh season with Di Maria and Pogba throwing in the assists. I'm not saying they are almighty but they have definitely improved.

Overall if we make a few signings we probably are the strongest team on paper. WE need to put this CDK saga to an end. If Ziyech is available for 10m I wouldn't hesitate there either. Renato still hasn't signed for anyone and tbh I don't see how a team like PSG with that $$ hasn't bought him if they actually wanted him.. Hopeful for that signing as I do really like him. I think he's got an amazing balance of defensive ability but wow his speed and technique..

Defender is optional IMO . Can anyone tell me who this kid was playing in our defence against Wolfsberger? I got Vidic vibes from him. I think he DEFINITELY needs a chance in first team here and there.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Zio Fester - 07-28-2022

Il Giornale: Elliott Management not willing to inject new funds to give Maldini and Massara the opportunity to also sign Chelsea winger Hakim Ziyech.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Codazzi - 07-28-2022

(07-28-2022, 03:56 PM)Zio Fester Wrote: Il Giornale: Elliott Management not willing to inject new funds to give Maldini and Massara the opportunity to also sign Chelsea winger Hakim Ziyech.

There is a thing called "loan with obligation to buy".

If we really want to sign Ziyech after CDK, I believe (or maybe want to believe) that we can. Since we still keep both Messias and Salad, I doubt we do want to sign him.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Arildonardo - 07-28-2022

(07-28-2022, 04:02 PM)Codazzi Wrote: There is a thing called "loan with obligation to buy".

If we really want to sign Ziyech after CDK, I believe (or maybe want to believe) that we can. Since we still keep both Messias and Salad, I doubt we do want to sign him.

In case of loan with obligation to buy I guess RedBird must approve.

Sign Ziyech and get rid of either Messias or Saelemaekers.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - slifersd1 - 07-28-2022

(07-28-2022, 03:56 PM)Zio Fester Wrote: Il Giornale: Elliott Management not willing to inject new funds to give Maldini and Massara the opportunity to also sign Chelsea winger Hakim Ziyech.

Ziyech always seemed like w weird profile for us to target. I am not saying he isn't a talented player but he is almost 30, have failed in EPL and isn't exactly Leo Messi even when he did well. He is almost the polar opposite to what Elliott usually looks for in signing new players in that sense.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Zio Fester - 07-28-2022

(07-28-2022, 05:24 PM)slifersd1 Wrote: Ziyech always seemed like w weird profile for us to target. I am not saying he isn't a talented player but he is almost 30, have failed in EPL and isn't exactly Leo Messi even when he did well. He is almost the polar opposite to what Elliott usually looks for in signing new players in that sense.

Hence why many call him the Moroccan Suso...

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Bennacer - 07-28-2022

"The Charles De Ketelaere saga is threatening to take a sour turn towards the end as both Club Brugge and AC Milan have been unimpressed by his conduct, a report claims.". This is from Belgium press HLN.

I absolutely agree. You are a proffesional and you must do your work despite you want another club. Its childish behaviour(He is a child for his defence). The article says that it will not treat any deal, but it M/M is not utterly impressed with this behaviour.