AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer Mercato 2022 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer Mercato 2022 (/showthread.php?tid=2540)

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Bennacer - 08-29-2022

But this will increase pretty much when and if whe renew with Tonali, Leao, Bennacer, Kalulu. But our managament is doing a fantastic job, no doubt, and Gazidis deserves a lot of praise. Its tremendously difficult to cut salaries and and at the same time improve the results. At the moment i will say that we are one of the clubs in Europe which has the best management all over. From Casper Stylsvig to Pioli. Everything is in synch.

Proud to support a team like ours, and not United, PSG, Barca, City etc. They are just plastic and money. No real feelings. Look at the matches in PL VS Serie A. Milan- Inter is a spectacle, Man City- Man United is just another match, just maybe 10% higher volum from the supporters. Yes they have done something right to get the league so attractive, but they will never have the passion of Serie A fans.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Zio Fester - 08-29-2022

Milan have announced the signing of Malick Thiaw from Schalke 04 for €7m plus bonuses. Contract till 2027 and on €800k salary.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - nefremo - 08-29-2022

Thiaw's price is all over. 5 + bonus. 7 + bonus. 10 + bonus. Who knows. Either way, for a promising young player like him (I feel like I've heard his name so long ago, yet he's still only 21), it's surely a bargain.

Gotta say, I am so happy and proud that Milan has appeared to be the leader of this new movement in Serie A. We have proven that you can win in Italy with young players and also players that you don't have to pay 100m for. We play modern, fast paced, aggressive and exciting football. Full of running, pressing and vertical movements of the ball. We have no superstars (not counting Ibra), yet we are on the verge of creating our own.

And across Italy, other teams are envious. This is the first time I've seen Juventus and Inter fans acknowledge the fact that Milan is no joke. They acknowledge how good our players are and how we are a real team. Young one at that and one that's only likely to keep growing. Until now, it was always "Milan is lucky, how can we not beat that team of nobodies, referees, penalties, Pioli will soon fail and show his true colors, etc etc, etc". But now, the narrative has changed. People realize what a force this team has become. And how difficult it is for us to be beaten.

The transformation has been incredible. And best part of all? It's nowhere near finished. Most of these players I'd say are at half their potential now. It's scary to think how good Kalulu, or Theo, or CDK, or Leao, or Tonali, or Bennacer can become. And Theo is already one of the best LBs in the world for example.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Demonbanana - 08-29-2022

Milan look to conclude the signing of 16yo Polish talent Dariusz Stalmach.

He has already played senior football in Poland. Looks very talented and not afraid to take on men. He aims to be in the first team end of the year or mid next year.

Have to love an ambitious kid.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Zio Fester - 08-30-2022

Napoli showing how to do business with contract rebels.

Fabian Ruiz frozen out of the Napoli squad after refusing to extend his contract expiring in June 2023. Not included in the team for the first three Serie A games of the season and trained separately from the rest of the team. Now sold to PSG for €23m.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - honsano - 08-30-2022

(08-30-2022, 12:38 AM)Zio Fester Wrote: Napoli showing how to do business with contract rebels.

Fabian Ruiz frozen out of the Napoli squad after refusing to extend his contract expiring in June 2023. Not included in the team for the first three Serie A games of the season and trained separately from the rest of the team. Now sold to PSG for €23m.

I’m not sure this is great business for them. I imagine for a team trying to build unity, it kind of does the opposite. Funny how they did the same thing with Milik and now he is back in Serie A with Juve.

Mercato really ending with a bang. I’m really curious after all this if we get a RW. I mean if a guy like Ziyech came, with health, we could be CL contenders. Obviously not favorites, but still possible.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Arildonardo - 08-30-2022

(08-30-2022, 12:55 AM)honsano Wrote: I’m not sure this is great business for them. I imagine for a team trying to build unity, it kind of does the opposite. Funny how they did the same thing with Milik and now he is back in Serie A with Juve.

Mercato really ending with a bang. I’m really curious after all this if we get a RW. I mean if a guy like Ziyech came, with health, we could be CL contenders. Obviously not favorites, but still possible.

I think Ziyech will go back to Ajax once Manchester United have confirmed the signing of Antony.

I would be surprised if we got a RW, at least before one of Messias or Saelemaekers are gone.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - ACMmike - 08-30-2022

If this Mercato doesn’t end well at least we know next one will.

Announcement will be coming after RedBird closing sources confirm that RedBird was a ‘broker’ , or a face to the deal whereas the investors alongside them will be Los Angeles based investment firm and we will also be part of the ‘YES Network’ alongside the New York Yankees, Amazon & Sinclair. We may very well be the most financially backed team in all of football ladies and gentlemen.

https://www.ft.com/content/146cc390-3060-45cd-a986-e09e7e6c67cb

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Inas - 08-30-2022

(08-30-2022, 12:55 AM)honsano Wrote: I’m not sure this is great business for them. I imagine for a team trying to build unity, it kind of does the opposite. Funny how they did the same thing with Milik and now he is back in Serie A with Juve.

You will prefer they do it the Milan way? - keep playing him until he leaves for free next year? They got €23m for a player who doesn't want to extend his contract, aiming to walk away free, and you say it's not good business? Pray, what's good business? And what does it matter to Napoli if Milik had come back to Seria A? They dealt with him appropriately when it mattered then. So coming back to Italy isn't gonna affect them one way or the other.

And by the way, note that Napoli has strengthened admirably so losing Fabian isn't gonna do a damn thing on the team. (well, not even "losing" as such because, unlike us, they getting good money).

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Bennacer - 08-30-2022

(08-30-2022, 07:57 AM)Inas Wrote: You will prefer they do it the Milan way? - keep playing him until he leaves for free next year? They got €23m for a player who doesn't want to extend his contract, aiming to walk away free, and you say it's not good business? Pray, what's good business? And what does it matter to Napoli if Milik had come back to Seria A? They dealt with him appropriately when it mattered then. So coming back to Italy isn't gonna affect them one way or the other.

And by the way, note that Napoli has strengthened admirably so losing Fabian isn't gonna do a damn thing on the team. (well, not even "losing" as such because, unlike us, they getting good money).

You cant compare Ndombele or Lobotka to Ruiz, neither Anguissa. Of course its a loss for Napoli. He is a great player. So to say it will do nothing with the team i have to disagree. I would rather say that selling Koulibaly was good business when they got Kim, which looks like a great buy.