AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer Mercato 2022 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer Mercato 2022 (/showthread.php?tid=2540)

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Arildonardo - 03-23-2022

(03-22-2022, 10:51 PM)Demonbanana Wrote: A good powerful runner,  but no end product too it seems.  Only 5 goals so far.

We would also lose him to AFCON. Is AFCON each year or two year's?

His end product is at the same level as Rafael Leao's. Not too bad for a winger. And he plays for a club that will most likely be relegated.

AFCON is every two years.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Demonbanana - 03-23-2022

(03-23-2022, 09:00 AM)Arildonardo Wrote: His end product is at the same level as Rafael Leao's. Not too bad for a winger. And he plays for a club that will most likely be relegated.

AFCON is every two years.

if he has a good price tag from a relegated side, I am sure Maldini will definitely look at him.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Demonbanana - 03-23-2022

At the beginning of April there will be the meeting in Milano between Rafael Leao's agent (Jorge Mendes) and ACMilan to close the contract extension until 2026 (€4,5M/year + bonuses).

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - nefremo - 03-23-2022

So what are the details of Lang's attitude problems? I see that comment a lot. Must have missed that.

Kid's got a ton of talent and is a "modern" attacker though. Pace, versatility, 1v1, intensity, etc. Lacks a bit in that final product, but that's common with young players.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - hwmook - 03-23-2022

(03-23-2022, 12:04 PM)nefremo Wrote: So what are the details of Lang's attitude problems? I see that comment a lot. Must have missed that.

Kid's got a ton of talent and is a "modern" attacker though. Pace, versatility, 1v1, intensity, etc. Lacks a bit in that final product, but that's common with young players.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/all-you-need-to-know-about-ex-ajax-wild-child-noa-lang-targeted-by-leeds/

Apparently the only thing he has done wrong was to disobey the coach and captain instructions and played too well that stole their limelight.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Beppe - 03-23-2022

That article says nothing, dunno why its even there.
Its his general attitude that is completely wrong, he's like a very spoiled brat, and he is very easy to dislike. Constantly moaning and being aggressive to everyone. Also his own fans of Club Brugge dislike him because of that. Atm he also lost his place in the team and hasn't scored a goals since October.
He isn t the smartest lad around for sure and he will get into some problems in the dressing room at some point for sure.

BUT, other than that, he is talented, very talented even. He is in a very negative period right now but that could be a good thing for his asking price, so it could probably be the right moment to sign him. Also Saelemaekers had attitude problems at Anderlecht but none here at Milan, the same could happen to Noa Lang. in the right environment with the right people around him I can see Lang doing well here, I don't think he would behave the same here as he did at Ajax or Brugge, at least not in the beginning. I wouldn't be totally against his signing, he could do well.

But the real deal at Club Brugge is De ketelaere, he's even more talented and with the perfect mentality and behaviour, very intelligent kid, but also a lot more expensive probably.

In Belgian media It is written everywhere that we made a bid for Lang , 20m + bonuses, so the interest is probably real.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Zio Fester - 03-23-2022

Alessandro Florenzi will be a Milan player next season, with the Rossoneri having decided they will pay activate his buyout option.

Calciomercato.com now report that the decision has been made and his €4.5m buy option will be met, with the club fully convinced he should be at San Siro beyond the current season.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Inas - 03-23-2022

(03-23-2022, 08:54 AM)Arildonardo Wrote: At the time we bought them most people were quite happy with some of these, like Conti, Bonucci, Rodriguez, Kessie, Hakan and Silva. But then some were unlucky, some were unmotivated and others were worse than we could have ever imagined. And also the club was badly run and we tried some terrible coaches too. Basically everything went straight to h***. So it's too easy to say in hindsight that they were a waste of money, although they turned out to be.

I'm pretty sure some of the players that have "blossomed" lately would also have failed with the setup we had back then.

Anyway, it's great to see that we are now on the right track both economically and in terms of sport.

100% agreed. With the benefits of hindsight, it's easy to say it was a calamity from the get go. But I remember we were quite ecstatic. Kessie and Conti were coming off top performances for Atalanta, they were the bedrock of the team. Bonucci need no introduction and I doubt any sane Director will reject signing him when he suddenly became available and you were rebuilding a team that had no viable options at the back. Biglia was one of the best holding midfielders in the league, captain of Lazio and the Argentina NT. Andre Silva was one of the young greatest upcoming talent in world football then.

So, yeah, there were two or three meh signings (Kalinic, RR for instance) but honestly i don't think it was a glaring, inevitable disaster at the time. So many things combined to wreck havoc on the project.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - nefremo - 03-23-2022

Of course we talk after the fact. We are fans. Big Grin But directors get paid millions, they get intrusted with budget of millions, to foresee (as much as possible) and mitigate the risk of somethinf like that happening. It honestly seems like Mirabelli was playing Football Manager in real life. Did he (or his team...or did he even have a team?) ever reaallllyyy scout these players? Was there a plan? At the time Sheva said that "it seems Milan is jist buying individuals with no real plan for the future or with a real plan of the collective". It turns out he was 100% correct. What type of football were we trying to play? Were we assembling a team to play that type of football? It seems not. And I know Bonucci is a name....but it turned out later that we were in vary advanced negotiations to sogn Aubameyang. Bonucci became available, and like a kid playing Football Manager, Mirabelli abandoned the original "plan" and spent his money on Bonucci absolutely unnecessarily. We needed a CF and instead we totally overpaid for Andre Silva and were stuck and had to settle for Kalinic instead of Auba.

Anyway, I know what yu are saying. You are right. It's easy to speak after the fact. No director will get everythinf correct and mistakes will be made. But the success vs mistake ratio is what separates the good ones from the bad ones. And my god was Mirabelli a horrible director!!!!

Also, thanks Beppe and hwmook for explaining Noah Lang's attitude issues. Makes sense to have reservations reading all that.

Summer Mercato 2022 - Inas - 03-23-2022

Yeah, at the end of the day, result is what counts for a sporting director and the result said FassoBelli failed spectacularly. For context though, this was the team we sent out against Genoa in 2017, a few weeks before FassoBelli took over. Hard to look at that team and not be compelled to feel like signing a whole new squad when you have the money [Image: 549e66137faa87c7b3c9bc5aad0903fa.jpg]