AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer Mercato 2022 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer Mercato 2022 (/showthread.php?tid=2540)

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Sleeping Giant - 03-26-2022

(03-25-2022, 10:21 PM)Artan Wrote: Berardi is the Italian Suso, nothing more. Keep  Castilejo better

Suso is a insult Icon_lol2
He is more like Italian Diogo Jota but with lesser abilities

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - ACMmike - 03-26-2022

I think we're being too hard on Berardi. Italy's failure to qualify was a collective and while he missed a big chance even Messi, CR7 etc have missed open nets in their careers. Berardi is not a fancy player but he's direct and I still think he'd be a good fit for this team.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Aficio - 03-26-2022

What I don't like from Berardi's miss is his attitude. It seems he underestimated his opponent, or he normally just doesn't have the mindset of finishing with the highest success rate possible.

If that's true, it is difficult for him to take his career to the next level.

EDIT: Milan are willing to pay only 15M for him.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - ACMmike - 03-26-2022

End of the day I also don't think it's very fair to criticize Italy as a whole either. They missed two world cups but they just came off of a Euro victory. Most EU countries won't see their teams win a single euro cup let alone that + 4 world cups. There's always ups and downs for club and country. Are we to say Milan players will always suck because they didn't qualify for CL for so many years?

I still think there are Italian players on the NT & in prospects that will contribute fairly well to our squad. I still support buying Berardi if the price is under 20m.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - nefremo - 03-26-2022

I didn't think Berardi was good enough for us last week. I don't think so this week either. And for me it has nothing to do with his performances for Italy. I think there are a ton of talents in Italy. I din't think the national team's successes or failures should have anything to do with where we shop. If we can snap up Frattesi for example, I'm all for it. Even Scamacca, I think he'll be good for us (although I think the price quoted of 30M is a bit excessive). There are others also. Many if them. But Berardi I see as back up at most. At least if we want to be competitive in Europe.

Having said that, we are a club that has battled with costs and has had difficulty increasing revenues. Everyone in Italy does. As such, of course Maldini will go to France or Belgium and buy the same level talent for half the price. These Italian officials and heads of government/leagues/etc all like to talk shit about the clubs when the national team has an off cycle. But what have they done to help the clubs???? They refuse to let clubs build their own stadiums. They refuse to battle racism the right way. They are stuck in the stone ages and are holding the clubs hostige with them. And then they talk about "foreign player limits" and forcing clubs to introduce "minimum italian player quota". It's absolutely unreal. The incompetency in Italy is second to none. They went from the most desirable league in the world, to a joke in record time. And STILL, they refuse to take accountability. Then they stand up and have their "hurray moment" when something goes wrong. Have they not seen that things have been going wrong since the early 2000s????

They talk about Germany and the German model. And how they reformed and their clubs are full of German talent. But they fail to realize that the country first helped the clubs. It let them modernize, build stadiums, become self sufficient, be stable, etc. And then, they reaped the benefits. But no. In Italy, they just wanna make stupid laws (or better yet, stick with the ones from 50 years ago), and then just complain.

Edit: Sry, I didn't mean to turn this into a rant against Italian football authorities and governments. But I did think it follows rhe discussion here.  Sagrin

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - reza - 03-26-2022

It's a cultural issue and that means that when clubs complain they wouldn't be any different if they were the mayor, prime minister or whatever. Example: I don't see what concrete thing Berlu did to help Italian football in general and he was PM for 8 years or so (And I don't count the lowering of taxes for players here cause I don't agree that this is a cost or money issue, or at least it is not the main problem, Italian football owners are not exactly poorer than German, Spanish, etc owners)

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Zio Fester - 03-26-2022

Brahim Diaz arrived on a two-year loan ahead of the season, after spending the 2020/21 season at the club, but his future is now in doubt.

According to MilanNews’ Antonio Vitello, despite the fact that he’s at the club on a two-year loan, Milan will hold a meeting with Real Madrid at the end of the season. Diaz’ future will be discussed and it remains to be seen what the outcome will be.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - slifersd1 - 03-26-2022

(03-26-2022, 05:39 PM)ACMmike Wrote: End of the day I also don't think it's very fair to criticize Italy as a whole either. They missed two world cups but they just came off of a Euro victory. Most EU countries won't see their teams win a single euro cup let alone that + 4 world cups. There's always ups and downs for club and country. Are we to say Milan players will always suck because they didn't qualify for CL for so many years?

I still think there are Italian players on the NT & in prospects that will contribute fairly well to our squad. I still support buying Berardi if the price is under 20m.

I am not sure why you don't think team Italy should be criticized. Yes, they have a hell of a resume and did just win the European cup, but the display in the WC qualifiers were atrocious. This team looked like a team that bought into its own hype and forgot what got them that cup win to begin with. And for that, they absolutely should be criticized. Every team has its ups and downs, but the same team that won the Euro last year should NOT have any reason to not beat the likes of Norther Ireland, Switzerland and Northern Macedonia. That's like LeBron losing one on ones against high school players. Nobody is criticizing the history of Italian soccer, but their lackluster display deserve every ounce of criticism coming their way. 

Issue with Berardi is, even if you take out the Macedonia game, I don't think I have ever seen one game where he faced top level competition at the international level and performed well. I know playing for the club and international team are two different things, but Sassuolo hardly plays against top level competition internationally so I don't know how he would do at the club level in that environment. I wonder if he is the type of player who can only do well when he is the center of the team and everyone has to service him. If so, then he most definitely wouldn't fit here because there is no way he is going to be the center piece of our attack.

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Beppe - 03-26-2022

Berardi for 15-20m would be fine, but not for 35m. He is way too limited, and he’s also not very young anymore, offcourse he’s not old but also would not improve much more.

BTW if you read Zlatan’s recent interviews it looks like he will continue for another year.
Is it a good thing or a bad thing? Interesting discussion if you ask me. He has given us a lot, but he has declined a lot this season, and he is very injury prone…

RE: Summer Mercato 2022 - Aficio - 03-27-2022

Sassuolo know that Berardi's price tag can only go down. Good chance for us.