AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Allegri's system - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Allegri's system (/showthread.php?tid=289)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Allegri's system next season - Best-Pundit - 09-03-2012

GK

4 men defense

Monty De Jong/Flamini Nocerino

Boateng/Robinho

Pato/Bojan Pazzini

RE: Allegri's system next season - ACMILAN1983 - 09-03-2012

nice to see you return mzk. I wouldn't mind seeing your system actually, it's not too different to last season but with a little variation in attack.

(09-02-2012, 08:10 PM)ACM2012 Wrote: My preferred formation is:

----------------------------ABBIATI---------------------------

----DE SCIGLIO-----ZAPATA-----ACERBI-----ABATE----

-----------------------------DE JONG-------------------------

-----BOATENG-----------------------------MONTOLIVO----

----------------------------ROBINHO-------------------------

--------------------PAZZINI--------PATO--------------------

GK: No question mark.

RB: The only position that we are quite settled. I would play De Sciglio as he offers more offensively.

CB: I would give Acerbi a chance. Between Zapata and Bonera, I am rather indifferent, but Zapata has the age advantage, and Bonera's recent brainfart concerns me. Yepes is great as backup. I just don't know about Mexes.

LB: I would be different between Antonini, De Sciglio, Abate, Urby, or Constant. But I guess that Allegri won't even consider playing either De Sciglio, or Abate, or Urby, or Vila, or Constant there, so Antonini should be safe pick, with Bonera as his first backup. But yes, you see that I put Abate there as LB. I feel that De Sciglio is playing well as RB and there is no point of trying him out of position just because that Abate is "older". Abate however could be better than Antonini in my opinion.

DM: I don't think anyone would want argue against putting de Jong there. Ambrosini or Traore could back him up while Muntari is still recovering.

LM: Nocerino or Ambrosini should back up Montolivo.

RM: Nocerino or Montolivo or Ambrosini could back up Boateng.

AM: Robinho seems the best choice for me. Boateng is not made for that role. If necessary, maybe Montolivo can be the backup; or Bojan? El Shaarawy is not ready yet, but can play well and contribute if used properly like last season.

ATT: I don't know how many (1 or 2) attackers we will use. Pato seems the natural candidate as CF, but Pazzini's hattrack just issues a strong warning, and I personally don't see him automatically giving it up just because Pato will be back from injury. This part is fun to see.

I personally would have swapped De Sciglio and Abate around. De Sciglio has on a few occasions played LB for us, Abate hasn't, but I can see your point about wanting to get De Sciglio developed in his natural role.

I'm glad you want to give Acerbi a chance, he's a player I'm keen to keep an eye on.

What I will say is I think you have a really attacking/aggressive lineup, but one that doesn't lack balance.

(09-02-2012, 08:49 PM)Aficio Wrote: I think running around to support the attack is a suitable description Big Grin because the quality of crosses and passes our attackers can give is average.

lol

RE: Allegri's system next season - ElMago99 - 09-04-2012

We have multiple options. The biggest problem for us is that Prince (our #10) is not nearly as creative as we need. But, we have Plenty of Defensive Midfielders. We could switch to the 4-2-3-1, or stay with our current setup.

Option A:
When Muntari comes back, we can confidently play the 4-2-3-1, with runners on the wings (Prince&Binho) and Monty as the creative force, with 2 destroyers behind him, and a poacher in the penalty box:

[Image: 513372_A_C__Milan.jpg]

Option B:
Other option is to move to a Christmas Tree formation, with two hard working forwards in support of Pato/Pazzini, moving Prince to midfield:

[Image: 513374_A_C__Milan.jpg]

Option C:
Our current formation:

[Image: 513376_A_C__Milan.jpg]

Option D:
Not an option, but if Allegri wanted to change the system completely, I believe we now have the players to do it, playing a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2:

[Image: 513379_A_C__Milan.jpg]
Obviously Ambrosini or Muntari can play in middle.

RE: Allegri's system next season - ACMILAN1983 - 09-04-2012

Elmago I like the 4-2-3-1, particularly with Montolivo playing as trequartista (he would do a similar role to what he did in the Euros), although he's already said that he's a midfielder, not a trequartista.

More importantly, I worry about the DM positions. De Jong's fine, but the others aren't of the same quality or it's not their natural position.

RE: Allegri's system next season - GeoTav - 09-04-2012

Like I just wrote on the other topic before seeing what Elmago posted, I'd keep the current formation ... The others just don't convince me with the players we have.

You don't think we could play 4-3-3? (and I don't mean one where Boateng is a false 9 and we have Robinho and El Shaarawy on the touchline of each wing).

RE: Allegri's system next season - GeoTav - 09-04-2012

(09-04-2012, 11:45 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: You don't think we could play 4-3-3? (and I don't mean one where Boateng is a false 9 and we have Robinho and El Shaarawy on the touchline of each wing).

I don't like it simply because I think we need a strong midfield and hard working strikers (Pato hasn't been so far, Robinho is but not when we defend, Pazzini-Bojan have to be seen, and ELS, if learned well right now, could do it) ...
With 3 strikers, that means we'll have only 3 midfielders, and each time we'll play against a team with a strong or compact midfield (Juventus, Roma, Fiorentina or Napoli in Italy, just some examples, and many teams in Europe), we could be simply destroyed as our backline hasn't the quality it used to have, and as a consequence, our backline shouldn't be able to support the pressure of an opponent constantly attacking ...

The strong (well, we can do a good, but not very good) or compact midfield I want is just to protect our qualityless CD !!

I can't disagree with you on the attackers needing to work hard in 4-3-3 Geo. Personally, I think Robinho, El Shaarawy and Bojan can be asked to work harder as their either young and prepared to learn or they've shown they're capable of doing so in the past. What else I'll say is whether you play 4-3-1-2, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 or any other system, you always need hard workers in the side, as without them the side will always end up disjointed and weaker.

In terms of getting ideas, FIFA 12 is nice to experiment with systems in, as it's so well made and implemented. It's also a reason I ended up starting this thread (not the only reason mind), as I was interested in recreating some of the systems people had come up with. I'm aware it's just a game and can't ever be the same as reality, which adds to some frustrations I have when playing, but overall it's really useful to experiment with systems to see what works and what doesn't in terms of structure and ideas.

I've tried with Milan to play 4-3-1-2, 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 and most recently 4-3-3. 4-3-1-2 is the system I've had the most success with until now, but it's also a system which struggles for width, defending and attacking. It's not something new, but what I found was I had to accept this weakness and modifying the system would ultimately result in other weaknesses appearing, such as the midfield getting stretched or the attack becoming disjointed.

4-4-2, in the way I described when starting this thread also worked pretty well, though it was either a pretty dull system to use which felt a lot like I was relying on stability at the back or it often meant being prepared to be outnumbered in central midfield.

4-2-3-1 was ok but in order to find the correct balance and structure when defending I was often having to change shape to 4-4-1-1 or 4-3-1-2, usually because one or two of the line of three would have to drop back into midfield when defending.

4-3-3 is my latest experiment, where I still rely on a midfield 3, but it's a more expansive game with the two wide forwards. I'm still struggling to get the balance right at the moment, but think I'm getting there with Boateng on one wing and Bojan/Robinho on the other, meaning I still keep some stability as Boateng has a greater tendency to drop deeper to defend. The options to get a balanced, yet threatening attack were either to do what Barca did under Pep in the past and push fullbacks high with the wingers coming in, which I wasn't keen on as it leaves a lot of gaps at the back and Milan can't press like Barca or the second option was to keep a mezzala in midfield who pushes up to join the attack (Nocerino for me). The shape kind of changes to 4-2-1-3 when the side do this, but it means I attack with better numbers but still keep a couple of midfielders back to protect.

Anyway, the my point is one thing I've seen is no matter what system I use, there's always some faults in there which even if I try to address I only succeeding in replacing one problem with another. With our current set of players, I personally feel 4-3-3 is best suited to their given qualities due to it's dynamics in relation to our players skills sets. 4-3-1-2 was great with Ibra due to the way he can play and the way he dropped deep, meaning we could afford others pushing up beyond him. With the current group, I worry that's not possible and we'd lack any dynamism in a 4-3-1-2.

RE: Allegri's system next season - ACM1899 - 09-04-2012

De Jong and Muntari in front of the defense would be solid. I like the look of your 4-2-3-1 elmago.

I hope we can sneak in Constant into the mix amap ( I think he is a very solid player)

RE: Allegri's system next season - ElMago99 - 09-04-2012

(09-04-2012, 09:04 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Elmago I like the 4-2-3-1, particularly with Montolivo playing as trequartista (he would do a similar role to what he did in the Euros),

(09-04-2012, 03:35 PM)ACM1899 Wrote: De Jong and Muntari in front of the defense would be solid. I like the look of your 4-2-3-1 elmago.

I agree with you guys, I like the 4-2-3-1 the best. Until Muntari gets back, Ambrosini and Montolivo can possibly play there, or Flamini. Montolivo can have a "free" role, which he did very well with in the EURO. Robinho and Prince on the wings can offer defending and back-tracking which is needed, similar to what Real Madrid does (although Ronaldo doesn't really track back).

(09-04-2012, 10:38 AM)GeoTav Wrote: Like I just wrote on the other topic before seeing what Elmago posted, I'd keep the current formation ... The others just don't convince me with the players we have.

The 4-3-1-2 worries me the most Geo, because it depends too much on Boateng to create, and I just don't think he's that player. Next to Ibra or Cassano it's fine, because Ibra/Cassano can create and Boateng can make runs, but now he needs to be the one to create, and it's not his game.