AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Our new headcoach - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Our new headcoach (/showthread.php?tid=556)

RE: Our new headcoach - Aficio - 01-27-2014

Seedorf looks confident. He shouted "calma" last match, yet he himself remained calm, not like Allegri who was more scared than his player. I think he can control the team very well.

RE: Our new headcoach - ZvonimirBoban - 01-27-2014

(01-26-2014, 08:47 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I think it's way too early to make any sort of judgement on Seedorf, he's only been coach for 10 days. At the very least, at least he's brought some enthusiasm at the club.

Same as Ibra, Kaka, Ronaldinho... big-name signings for stop-gap solutions, to calm fans down and bring some euphoria without really addressing the main problem(s).

RE: Our new headcoach - ACMILAN1983 - 01-28-2014

(01-27-2014, 06:48 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: Same as Ibra, Kaka, Ronaldinho... big-name signings for stop-gap solutions, to calm fans down and bring some euphoria without really addressing the main problem(s).

True, but we simply couldn't go on with Allegri, things had gotten too out of hand. When Seedorf was appointed I said in my posts that this should only be the start, that others, like the players and senior management had to take responsibility as well.

Unfortunately, I'm not too hopeful much else will change.

RE: Our new headcoach - Gabriel426 - 01-31-2014

Allegri is a solid coach, his mistakes is taking over Milan and lacking directions.
I actually think Allegri would be a good coach for a team with youth movements.
Not a club like Milan.

Is Seedorf someone that could help, the answer is no. Simply bc Milan needs more than a new coach, Milan needs direction and a huge change in MGT structure.

Is Lady B someone who can do that, to me yes, as at the very least, all her suggestions are sound and make sense.

Gallaini and all the other old guards must be gone. I know some of u kept saying if Berlu is willing to spend, Gallaini wont sign crappy players...That might be true but being a CEO of Milan is not only about signing players....he must also help Milan into a business that could self sustain itself and make money. Something that Gallaini had no idea, as all he ever rant about is Milan is losing money and Berlu is not spending....Truth is, Gallaini could have done so much during the Carlo's era to promote Milan and build the Milan Brand into the top Brand in football but not only did he not do that, he didnt even try.

RE: Our new headcoach - ACM2023 - 01-31-2014

Seedorf: "All the players are working hard, and we're going in the right direction, but we must not stop."

Seedorf: "I don't know Taarabt personally, but I have talked with him on the phone. He has a lot of desire to prove his worth."

So, certainly Taarabt isn't Seedorf's pick then.

Seedorf: "Taarabt is a young player who is very talented, but we must be patient with him."

Seedorf: "Michael Essien is feeling well, but he won't play from the start against Torino tomorrow."

Seedorf: "De Sciglio is better when playing on the right flank than on the left. I try to use players in the roles where they perform best."

Abate leaving soon?

Seedorf: "Taarabt is very motivated. He has a great character, but I want to get to him better before I make any judgements."

Seedorf: "If Saponara will stay? Today is the last day of this transfer window, so we can talk about it after it's over."

It is interesting that he didn't just simply dismiss it.

Seedorf: "I remember Darmian well. He has always been an intelligent guy, and I was sure that he could do well in his career."

Seedorf: "Milan's transfer market campaign in January? I'm fairly satisfied."

fairly satisfied Devilol.

Seedorf: "Cristante has a lot of personality. He's young so we have to manage him in the right way in order to avoid wasting his talent."

I Hope that he will do something helpful to stop that evil baldie who recently seems to be on a mission to destroy Milan before he gets the sack.

Seedorf: "Poli is a positive guy, but he's going through a bit of a difficult moment. He's working hard to get back into shape."

Seedorf: "I spoke with president Berlusconi last week, and he told me that he will come to Milanello to see us as soon as he can."

Seedorf: "De Sciglio as a central defender? That's a bad idea. He's a full-back through and through."

Seedorf: "I have never thought about stepping onto the pitch myself. I sometimes play during training, and it helps to keep me in shape."

Seedorf: "I have never had any problems with Balotelli. He has shown a great desire to work and train, just like the other players."

Seedorf: "Finally Mario is an immense talent. Let's hope that all the attention on him always will be more positive than negative."

Seedorf: "We have analyzed Torino, and we're preparing to eliminate their threats as much as possible. But we're also focused on winning."

RE: Our new headcoach - Gabriel426 - 02-01-2014

Such a sad day when a Milan coach needs to analyzed a team like Torino in order to better the chance for a win. Missed the days when the Milan coach said, as long as we play our game, we can beat Torino.

RE: Our new headcoach - ACMILAN1983 - 02-01-2014

(02-01-2014, 09:36 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Such a sad day when a Milan coach needs to analyzed a team like Torino in order to better the chance for a win. Missed the days when the Milan coach said, as long as we play our game, we can beat Torino.

Actually I think this is good. If the coach analyses opponents it means we aren't looking at complacency. Even though Allegri had a very good record overall vs smaller opponents, he often trusted on getting results via the individual quality of certain players than making the same level of preparation he would against other bigger opponents.

Ancelotti also had a problem where due to complacency we would drop points vs smaller sides, hence just 1 scudetto under his reign.

I want us to treat these teams with utmost seriousness, preparing well for them. That's not to say we don't impose our game, we need to try and do that every game.

RE: Our new headcoach - GeoTav - 02-01-2014

(02-01-2014, 09:36 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Such a sad day when a Milan coach needs to analyzed a team like Torino in order to better the chance for a win. Missed the days when the Milan coach said, as long as we play our game, we can beat Torino.

I think all coaches analyze the opponent ... Be it a strong or weak opponent (the diference is the time needed to analyze it).

The contrary would shock me ...

RE: Our new headcoach - Nalx - 02-01-2014

Exactly Geo. I think in the hectic schedule of football nowadays every coach at least assigns one of his assistants to scout the next opponent's strength and weaknesses. IIRC that was Mourinho's role under Robson (apart from a translator) and Villas Boas' under Mourinho.

RE: Our new headcoach - ACMILAN1983 - 02-01-2014

There's lots of mixed messages coming out of Milan right now about Seedorf. On the one hand, Seedorf says he's just seen Saponara for 3 training sessions, Poli is "positive" and Cristante has a lot of personality. Apparently Poli has been out recently due to severe flu and is only just recovering.

On the other hand, you have this article:

http://www.milannews.it/altre-notizie/corsera-un-milan-con-le-ali-e-si-contano-le-prime-vittime-di-seedorf-135361

It basically says that right now the players don't feature in Seedorf's plans, which uses wide players. Poli has no place in this system, Saponara doesn't seem to convince hence purchases like Essien and Taarabt, while Cristante isn't to be "burned out". Abate too will have no place as Seedorf prefers De Sciglio on the right. The last one I don't mind too much, but I hope generally the article is wrong, otherwise I fear we might have got the wrong coach.