AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Winter Mercato 2014 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Winter Mercato 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=560)

RE: Winter Mercato 2014 - GeoTav - 01-27-2014

(01-27-2014, 10:13 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: Rumours say Monaco are in talks with Robinho. A rich team desperate for offensive options now that Falcao is injured for the rest of the season. Sounds good to me. Robinho is of no use for us anyway. Take Mexes too!

Monaco want to make like PSG ... Buying our best two players (striker + defender) ? Devilol

Let's be nice, we should sell these two players for a combined offer around 15M ?

RE: Winter Mercato 2014 - Kastriot - 01-28-2014

I am really disappointed with this mercato. I still cant get over the fact that napoli got Jorginho and roma Naingolan.

RE: Winter Mercato 2014 - ACMILAN1983 - 01-28-2014

I just don't see it as anything but our club being a joke. Boban was totally right, we're not a serious club anymore.

That article from goal.com was really on the mark (and I'm no fan of goal.com). For me the majority of responses paint the picture of our reality. Most of them are either hate comments to the writer or they try and justify the Essien transfer, not seeing how this is a harmful transfer even if he possibly does ok over the next year and a half. The problem is, we who post on forums like these follow Milan day and night, knowing that these are just a continuation of the short gap solutions for the club to excuse themselves of real rebuilding.

Most of those who follow Milan, buy the shirts and generally enjoy watching them play see this as another star coming to Milan, a well established player who has made his name in football. The club know Essien will sell shirts, they know that casual followers will think this is a good buy and that's why we get him. It appeases the average fan and gives the false sense that we're still among the European elite.

Here's the irony, we are linked to Cerci as Torino want Saponara. I'm not for losing Saponara (a guy I think can come good), but we should have got Cerci in the summer, even if it meant not getting back Kaka (knowing we had Honda coming anyway). Thing is, while Kaka's shown glimpses of his old self in bits and parts, Cerci's been consistently excellent for Torino this season in a wide right attacker role (a role I think many here agree we're sorely lacking) and more centrally too. Here's the thing though, the vast majority of fans wouldn't have seen Cerci as a good signing, while Kaka was the return of the prodigal son and the management know this and therefore look for the more commercially interesting proposition. It would be hypocritical of me to say that even I wasn't enamored with Kaka's return, so obviously it's a given to the management they take advantage of the personal feelings of fans. The funny thing is, we probably could have got Cerci for under the cost we got Matri and even if we had to pay around 10m for him, he would have cost probably less than a third in wages than Kaka.

Point is, we're signing players based on opportunity and commercial prospects, not based on footballing needs and with sporting success in mind. Even Honda, a guy who is actually capable of offering sporting value, was signed for the commercial benefits of the Far East market. The only other signings we make are desperate stop gaps for failing departments, whether it be to cover for injuries or poor form (Rami springs to mind here). For this reason, the club is nothing short of a joke, we aren't a sports club anymore, but a business that has totally lost sight of what industry they're actually in.

RE: Winter Mercato 2014 - Sajymundo - 01-28-2014

I dont think Milan have done well in the transfer market for a number of years, and dont want to defend the purchases as some have been shockers. however on Essien, what would you rather we do? buy no one? would you be happy to gamble on Cristante for the Athletico match? he might not be fit. we have one chance of getting through to the next round of the chmapions league and for that we have to, have to win the 1st leg at the San Siro, if we dont the we are all but out. So with that in mind i dont mind the Essien transfer, we have to take a chance, so what have we done, a free player doesnt seem all that bad. Granted wages will be high, but hey we dont exactly save on wages elsewhere do we? Essien may not be good but then again he could possibly be a blessing, solid in midfield and that may allow others to play. any player that may have the ball more than de jong would be a blessing as he is too slow in distribution and slows down our attacks. De Jong and Essien could do a solid job infron of the dedgy defence we have. Could potentially allow Abate and De Sciglio bomb up and down the wngs to support in attack. We could even play with Kaka, Monto and SES as a support 3. monto and SES would track back and help out in mid. just my thought.

Cerci, would love to see him at Milan, would be quality. SES, Honda/Kaka, Cerci = not bad at all as a 3 behind Balo.

RE: Winter Mercato 2014 - Eli - 01-28-2014

Milan Channel confirms that there are negotiations regarding a swap deal that involves Taarabt and Zaccardo.

RE: Winter Mercato 2014 - honsano - 01-28-2014

@Sajymundo -- Essien wages may not be that high as I think the contract says wages will be based on playing (with injury earning no wage and possibly even if he does not play we don't pay him).

I would actually completely disagree with Milan's premise that we should purchase mediocre players with hopes of a chance the player turns out great (essien included). When you make speculative mediocre purchases you typically have fewer hits than misses (thats why you end up getting these player on the cheap because most people agree they aren't worth the money). When you get them on Bosman, you also tell them, hey forget that transfer sum you would get and wait for us. Then we'll increase your salary. That is why our wage bill is just obscene still (this season we are 105mil euros when in 2009/2010 we were 120mil euros) while we are no where near contention for anything. In fact, we are closer to relegation!

Why would 15mil euros make such a big difference? Because we just kept acquiring mediocre players and hoping to win it big. It's like Galliani has a gambling addiction and hopes he can find another diamond in the rough. Yet we know when you go big (a la Balotelli, ELS, Ibra) the players more often than not deliver what is expected hence their transfer fees.

Honestly, no more transfers in for this club unless it is a really good player. The more mediocrity we surround our stars wtih (which we really do have a few of such as Balo, ELS, De Sciglio and Monti from last year) the more we dilute their desire and talents. How can we sharpen these knives in practice when we keep putting them up against dull blades. The same goes for swaps too. A team is not going to swap a good player for our bad player. So why move laterally? Cancel contracts, take hits and let mediocre players leave on bosman. Fix the finances then acquire players based on the lower wage bill.

RE: Winter Mercato 2014 - Eli - 01-28-2014

Latest is that Zaccardo and Saponara could join Parma in exchange for Biabiany, according to GdS.

Supposedly Galliani is currently in a meeting with Parma's sporting director at a hotel in Milano.

Conflicting reports

RE: Winter Mercato 2014 - Arildonardo - 01-28-2014

I'd rather have Biabiany than Taarabt, but I'm not impressed with any of them really. I don't see any reason why signing any of them.

RE: Winter Mercato 2014 - Stitch - 01-28-2014

you know, i've never been a mean person, but right now i wish that whoever makes these transfer decisons for milan drops dead in horrible pain.

fuck taarabt. fuck biabany. fuck essien. fuck parolo. fuck palleta. FUCK YOU MILAN GRAVEDIGGERS

RE: Winter Mercato 2014 - Arildonardo - 01-28-2014

I wonder if Seedorf has any say in these transfers? If so I've lost the little belief I had in him as our coach.