AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Andrea Petagna - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Players (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Andrea Petagna (/showthread.php?tid=581)

Pages: 1 2 3

Andrea Petagna - GeoTav - 02-03-2014

He's a part of our first team now, so why is there no topic for him ? Okmilan

The guy's young, promising, strong, and seems to have no fair ... Could be a good player for Milan in the coming years if the coaches show him some faith.

This week end, he played some minutes against Torino, and played again the day after with the Primavera and scored two goals in the 4-2 victory of the team trained by Inzaghi.

If he's not to be involved much with the first team, I think it could be a good idea to let him play some minutes here and there in first team and let him have his chance to play full games to keep his form with the Primavera, allowing him to be ready for the first team if we have some injury crisis with our strikers.

The same could be said for Cristante ...

RE: Andrea Petagna - ACMILAN1983 - 02-03-2014

Yeah, that appears to be part of the plan. He needs consistency, so let's hope it works out.

I'm not totally convinced that Petagna will ever play a big role in Milan though.

RE: Andrea Petagna - Aficio - 02-03-2014

As a target man, especially when we are adopting 4-2-3-1, Petagna will have his chance until the end of this season.

I don't have high hope, and I thing many people share my opinion. However, this could be his advantage.

RE: Andrea Petagna - ACM2023 - 02-03-2014

Like Dev and Aficia, I don't have high hope on him yet, probably because that he has not shown enough as Cristante has, but he is only 18 and can still develop his game. With such a poor Milan, he can really wait for his chance. Low expectation means low pressure, and could be beneficial for him (good point, Aficio Okmilan).

RE: Andrea Petagna - GeoTav - 02-05-2014

I didn't mean Petagna could be the next best striker of Milan or the Italian NT !! Big Grin
He could be a useful player, a squad player ... And who knows how he will develop anyway.

Balo, ELS, Petagna, it's young, it's strong, it's also technical, and even if Petagna is not at their level, he could benefit from playing with at the same time some "veterans" like Kaka' (or at some extent Pazzini) and other young strikers like the first two I mentionned.

RE: Andrea Petagna - Kastriot - 02-05-2014

The thing with petagna is that his type of player is a dying breed in football. Too slow for my liking.

RE: Andrea Petagna - Aficio - 02-05-2014

Slow yet strong. He can even get better in this aspect since Milan Lab is very good at building muscles. It is bad for fast strikers like Pato or ELS, but it could be different for towering types, especially Emile Heskey-like type who was just a post player (I don't really like).

RE: Andrea Petagna - ACMILAN1983 - 02-05-2014

(02-05-2014, 04:21 PM)Aficio Wrote: Slow yet strong. He can even get better in this aspect since Milan Lab was very good at building muscles.

Corrected Big Grin

Truth is, Milanlab is nothing special in recent years since investment was cut to try and predict player fitness problems etc. Since then, we're pretty much on par with most other clubs and given our fitness/injury issues, possibly worse.

I hope Petagna grows into another Vieri type figure, which for me would be great, but at this point I don't see him becoming a great player mostly because he appears slow. This isn't just about physique and reactions, which he does struggle with a little, but can grow in. It's more about speed of thought. In the games I've seen him, he's not been quick when making decisions on the ball.

RE: Andrea Petagna - ZvonimirBoban - 02-05-2014

I predict that he might be another Matri or Gilardino, or maybe Paloschi or Pozzi.

RE: Andrea Petagna - sylrus - 02-06-2014

dont u dare rate matri with gila in the same place
gila is far more better than matri is
gila can still score some important winning goals for us
yet matri havent been able to score for us