AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer Mercato - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer Mercato (/showthread.php?tid=582)

RE: Summer Mercato - Ceceves - 07-23-2014

(07-22-2014, 09:40 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Gosh, I wish I am a Real fan, last year Bale and this year James( who is becoming one of my fav., since the WC).
James is probably the best true #10 since Kaka and could be the best #10 since Zizou.

If they can actually keep all those players currently in squad, and keep them all content, then yes, it's incredible. If signing James and Kroos means selling Di María and Khedira, for instance, then Florentino is doing what he did in 2003 when they bought Beckham and sold Makelele. Di María is IMO their most important player tactically and when in form they 2nd best player easily. If signing Kroos means Khedira (their only WC defensive midfielder, with Asier Illaramendi still unconvincing) leaving, then the balance of the side is gone.

As always it will be interesting to see how Carlo solves the tactical problems, with the 3 when all of Cristiano, Bale and James will be expected and expecting to start given their price tags.

??? (GK); Carvajal - Pepe - Ramos - Marcelo; Kroos - Modric; Bale - James - Ronaldo; Benzema.

Basically they've signed a #10 with WC potential in James, yet they did the same last year with Isco. Granted he didn't come off a great World Cup, but he was still great for Málaga + he had experience in La Liga. What happened was that Carlo changed the formation from a 4-2-3-1 with Isco as the number 10 to a 4-3-3 without a number 10. Why would they go back now?

RE: Summer Mercato - Siregar - 07-23-2014

(07-21-2014, 12:59 PM)xudong Wrote:
(07-21-2014, 08:29 AM)Stitch Wrote: Huh

(07-21-2014, 08:45 AM)Aficio Wrote: I also have question

Was that the now Siregar of July 2014 or the past Siregar 6 years ago Grinundwech

If the latter, how was time travelling? Big Grin

I think he meant E-----talian League. :d

Whatttt??? Milan do not play in Europa League???

What club is this actually? Dodgy

Grinundwech

RE: Summer Mercato - Jay Crisp - 07-23-2014

Monaco are offering €20m for Cerci & offering him €2.5m a year.
Its pretty clear Milan have no idea what or who they want to sign.It seems theyre waiting to see who PSG Monaco City Utd Chelsea sell or buy ,hoping to pick up a player on the cheap.They talk & talk but only about Wingers & CF's...if they knew and were genuine in wanting to make this side truely competitive again...wel...theyd be looking for a GK LB/RB CM all of good quality with potential to be very good.But theyre not ,theyre looking for cut price deals which is great if it happens, but to depend on it and hope ut just stupid.

Barcelona agree €20m fee with Valencia for 31 year old LB Jeremy Mathieu
This is the kind of thing that saddens me ,i mean deeply its jealousy realy.These deals make me believe Milan will either never compete again or until the club is sold.

RE: Summer Mercato - Alan - 07-23-2014

20m for a player that will never play ahead of alba seems stupid though.

(07-23-2014, 12:17 PM)Alan Wrote: 20m for a player that will never play ahead of alba seems stupid though.

It is IMO.But it shows how the market is and how far away we are from it , even talk of selling Balo for 20-25m is insane.You see what players cost he should be 40m +

RE: Summer Mercato - nefremo - 07-23-2014

Balo can not be worth 40m. Not with all the problems that he brings with him. It's unfortunate for us, but sadly that's the risk that other clubs don't want in their locker room. Not for 40mil at least. Balotelli is a proven problem. He's proven to be a problem at every team he has played in so far. We should feel lucky if someone takes him off our hands for 20-25 mil.

About the ridiculous transfer fees being paid by clubs like Barca, Real, PSG, City, Chelsea, etc.....it absolutely sickens me. A lot of people make the argument that Milan did this in the early 90s...but not. It wasn't even close. These teams are buying entire "teams". Entire teams made up of signings worth 80, 90, 100mil Euros. It's sad. I hope we never become like that even if a new owner comes. I mean come on....James is a good player. A great player. I have watched Monaco this past year and he was great. At the World Cup he excelled. But no way is he worth 88mil Euros. Especially not to a team that doesn't really need him because they already have great players in his position.

What's really bad about our situation actually, is the fact that we don't need to make 80mil signings to compete with these teams. We need to make about three 15-20/25tops mil signings...but we can't even do that.

On Douglas Costa...I've mentioned him here I'm the past. He is one of the players that I've wanted here for years. To be honest though I haven't really sen him play for Shakhtar in the league, only the CL and he has always impressed me there. Especially against Dortmund a couple years ago.
But I've had a high opinion on Costa ever since the U-20 World Cup a few years ago. I think he is one of those players that has world class potential but has stalled a little bit and has gone forgotten a bit due to the league he plays in. He is one of those players that can easily be worth 50-60mil (I'm today's crazy standard) had he been playing in Spain, Italy, England, Germany.

If Suarez goes for €80 Balo is worth €40.Balo lazy at times stupid instagram posts.
Suarez RACIST ASSAULT ...Balo's problems are minor and can be ironed out.Suarez is a racist aggressive disgusting human who if he did those things on the street and wasnt famous would be in prison.

RE: Summer Mercato - reza - 07-23-2014

Looks like Dzemaili is close. Our management really need to win "worst" awards ....

RE: Summer Mercato - ACMILAN1983 - 07-23-2014

(07-23-2014, 01:43 PM)nefremo Wrote: Balo can not be worth 40m. Not with all the problems that he brings with him. It's unfortunate for us, but sadly that's the risk that other clubs don't want in their locker room. Not for 40mil at least. Balotelli is a proven problem. He's proven to be a problem at every team he has played in so far. We should feel lucky if someone takes him off our hands for 20-25 mil.

About the ridiculous transfer fees being paid by clubs like Barca, Real, PSG, City, Chelsea, etc.....it absolutely sickens me. A lot of people make the argument that Milan did this in the early 90s...but not. It wasn't even close. These teams are buying entire "teams". Entire teams made up of signings worth 80, 90, 100mil Euros. It's sad. I hope we never become like that even if a new owner comes. I mean come on....James is a good player. A great player. I have watched Monaco this past year and he was great. At the World Cup he excelled. But no way is he worth 88mil Euros. Especially not to a team that doesn't really need him because they already have great players in his position.

What's really bad about our situation actually, is the fact that we don't need to make 80mil signings to compete with these teams. We need to make about three 15-20/25tops mil signings...but we can't even do that.

On Douglas Costa...I've mentioned him here I'm the past. He is one of the players that I've wanted here for years. To be honest though I haven't really sen him play for Shakhtar in the league, only the CL and he has always impressed me there. Especially against Dortmund a couple years ago.
But I've had a high opinion on Costa ever since the U-20 World Cup a few years ago. I think he is one of those players that has world class potential but has stalled a little bit and has gone forgotten a bit due to the league he plays in. He is one of those players that can easily be worth 50-60mil (I'm today's crazy standard) had he been playing in Spain, Italy, England, Germany.

If you're today's crazy standard, then the world is far too sensible Big Grin

On your general points, you're totally spot on. On Balo I have nothing to add, he's a problem that's been quite costly.

As for the mega spending from some clubs, I don't generally take issue if they spend that much (at least from a purely football perspective), but I do find a lot of them spend ridiculously with needless buys. The truth is we need to look carefully at the successes of other sides who haven't spent huge and learn how they've achieved success. For example, the way Dortmund and Atletico have achieved success in recent years is to build a project and have coaches who have the personality and ability to get the most out of the players they have. Atletico don't have spectacular players, but Simeone's got them to play with a resolve that's not really matched anywhere and has organised them meticulously.

Klopp meanwhile has had more natural talent to work with over his years of success, but it's his ability to get his team well structured with a clear identity that's worked in his favour. I don't think either club will maintain the levels they've reached because they've both sold their stars and eventually the turnover will surely tell.

We also need to look at other successful sides in European football to see where they've built success. Barca's dominance was predominantly down to the success of La Masia and Guardiola's ability to bring his ideas with tiki taka. Bayern's success has been a lot down to a clear gameplan (under Heynckes this was a well organised pressing game, under Guardiola a more possession based game) and the use of players who have been developed at the club with a strong identity in the club. It's worth noting that while Barca and Bayern have spent huge sums of money in recent years, it's hard to find players they've spent money on who are absolutely key to their success. Barca's key players have been Puyol, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi, while at Bayern it's Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Kroos and Muller. Robben and Ribery are probably the biggest exceptions, but they weren't bought in for stupid money (roughly 20m for a proven star is within reason).

The exception is Real, but again their success is built around a coach who understands the culture at the club who has been able to give them an identity in keeping with that culture.

Ultimately, when you look at the common denominators for the successes, we're talking about these clubs having coaches who can understand and work within the culture of the club and gives their sides identities that are built on those cultures. We're talking about players being developed internally to become flag bearers for the club who have worked with and understand each other well after growing together. Finally, the biggest key has been that all the clubs have had clear strategic plans looking at long term goals to be where they are. Yes, money is important, but more important but to succeed is laying the correct foundations and having a roadmap of what we're looking to achieve in the long term. Unlike Atletico and Dortmund, we also have the resources to maintain and continue building on successes should we lay those foundations correctly.

RE: Summer Mercato - Mathias - 07-23-2014

If we're not going to be keeping abate on the right, DS could play there and we could get Daley Blind for 6 million. He played a really good World Cup and is a balanced player. He's a liability when facing a true pressing winger, but only barca plays with a real pressing winger nowadays and even there you see them cutting in from the sides and not really pressing..