AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer Mercato - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer Mercato (/showthread.php?tid=582)

RE: Summer Mercato - nefremo - 07-23-2014

haha Dev, I meant to say "IN today's standard". Big Grin
I completely agree with your points and clearly 80,100mil signings are not necessary for success. We have plenty of examples of that. It's just frustrating that we are not even doing the minimal signings (apart from free players).

Jay, I agree that Suarez is not worth 80mil. I made it clear that I think these are ridiculous prices and don't agree with them. I also agree that Suarez is a racist prick and obviously and unstable person as he literary bites people. The difference is that....he does not destroy locker-room atmospheres, fight with his teammates, give up in the middle of the game when things don't go his way, walk on the field and demand that things are done his way, lazy performances, etc.
Don't get me wrong....I don't think that Suarez's problems are not as bad as Balotelli. As a matter of fact, they are far worse on a human level. But on a sporting one, it's the other way around I think as he doesn't destroy a team/locker-room spirit. (as far as I'm aware as I'm struggling to recall any instances where this happened)
The other difference between the two is the fact that Suarez dwarfs Balotelli on the field. The guy has scored 61 goals in 81 games for Liverpool in the past two seasons. And that's not the only thing he brings on the field as he actually works his ass of for the team.

I think our opinions here differ in the fact that I am willing to see Mario go for whatever price because I'm genuinely scared that he will destroy the locker room spirit once again. I've stated my reasoning behind this in previous posts, so I don't want to write another long post on it. Whereas, you think that we shouldn't let him go for 20mil and should hold of for a lot more money. (am I right?) And you are absolutely right. Looking at the prices this summer and how players like Luke Shaw went for 38mil Euros, James for 88, Suarez for 80, etc, etc........then how in the world is Mario not worth 40mil even with all his problems. I agree on that point.....but fact of the matter is that NOBODY is willing to pay that money for him it seems. And I think the reason for that is not his footballing ability, but all the other stuff that accompanies it. Teams are reluctant to spend money on him. I would love to sell him for 40mil and reinvest the money, but if nobody is willing to pay that....than I would rather see him go for whatever we can because he is a risk IMO.

RE: Summer Mercato - Jay Crisp - 07-23-2014

(07-23-2014, 05:27 PM)mathiask Wrote: If we're not going to be keeping abate on the right, DS could play there and we could get Daley Blind for 6 million. He played a really good World Cup and is a balanced player. He's a liability when facing a true pressing winger, but only barca plays with a real pressing winger nowadays and even there you see them cutting in from the sides and not really pressing..

Man Utd have offered €20m for him Barca €19m.Doubt we get him for €6m Wink

Nefremo..I agree on selling him.But €20m will ger us nothing.We still owe €10m to City for him.I know some think that if we sell him we'll get a better CF we wont.We may not even buy one.We are paying for Matri too this summer.If he gets sold it will be terrible deal.Maybe Bianchi.Im not even joking.

RE: Summer Mercato - WCmilan - 07-23-2014

(07-23-2014, 10:05 AM)Ceceves Wrote:
(07-22-2014, 09:40 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Gosh, I wish I am a Real fan, last year Bale and this year James( who is becoming one of my fav., since the WC).
James is probably the best true #10 since Kaka and could be the best #10 since Zizou.

If they can actually keep all those players currently in squad, and keep them all content, then yes, it's incredible. If signing James and Kroos means selling Di María and Khedira, for instance, then Florentino is doing what he did in 2003 when they bought Beckham and sold Makelele. Di María is IMO their most important player tactically and when in form they 2nd best player easily. If signing Kroos means Khedira (their only WC defensive midfielder, with Asier Illaramendi still unconvincing) leaving, then the balance of the side is gone.

As always it will be interesting to see how Carlo solves the tactical problems, with the 3 when all of Cristiano, Bale and James will be expected and expecting to start given their price tags.

??? (GK); Carvajal - Pepe - Ramos - Marcelo; Kroos - Modric; Bale - James - Ronaldo; Benzema.

Basically they've signed a #10 with WC potential in James, yet they did the same last year with Isco. Granted he didn't come off a great World Cup, but he was still great for Málaga + he had experience in La Liga. What happened was that Carlo changed the formation from a 4-2-3-1 with Isco as the number 10 to a 4-3-3 without a number 10. Why would they go back now?

I agree about Di Maria, he's such an underrated player. He's single handed won so many games for Madrid/Argentina through his work rate and constant persistence attacking the box with his great dribbling and always putting in dangerous crosses/passes. It's off topic, but I think at the moment he is a whole level above James. James might be better in the future.

Back on topic, I dont understand why we wait until last minute to buy players, we should have made all our signings now so they have the summer to gel into the team and get familiar with everything.

Btw, who is this Douglas Costa guy? is he any good?

Jay, are you sure about the 10mil we owe to City? What were the terms of the deal?

For some reason (I have no proof of this, it's just from memory so I could be totally wrong) I thought that we paid 7mil right when we bought him (Jan, 2013), than 7mil last summer (July, 2013); and finally 7mil this summer (2014). That makes is 21mil in 3 installments (18 months), which means that at this point he is all paid off.

You make an interesting point about the installments.

Also, what were the terms of the Matri deal? He was bought for 12mil.....but what were the installments agreement. And isn't the "saving" on his salary (from loaning him out) going to pay for some of his transfer.....because obviously that would be budgeted into the expenses, and now is "freed" up funds that can go towards the transfer fee.

I'm not a finance person, it would be interesting if someone can explain these things. Big Grin

WCmilan.......Costa is a good player. I think he is comparable to Cerci, but has a bigger upside than him, because I think he is far from his best and is yet to reach it.....whereas Cerci I think has peaked already. I'd be fine with either....but unless they come for free (loan), we are not getting anyone.

RE: Summer Mercato - Jay Crisp - 07-23-2014

Balotelli was 4 installments of €5m we paid 1 last summer 1 in Jan IIRC.
Matri was €12m 3 installments of €4m we paid €1m for the initial year.We are covering half his wage so thats €2.5m.
Costa Ceri well Im 110% neither will join.Theyre not free or under €4m or willing to pay the transfer themselves.

RE: Summer Mercato - Mathias - 07-23-2014

(07-23-2014, 05:50 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote:
(07-23-2014, 05:27 PM)mathiask Wrote: If we're not going to be keeping abate on the right, DS could play there and we could get Daley Blind for 6 million. He played a really good World Cup and is a balanced player. He's a liability when facing a true pressing winger, but only barca plays with a real pressing winger nowadays and even there you see them cutting in from the sides and not really pressing..

Man Utd have offered €20m for him Barca €19m.Doubt we get him for €6m Wink

Nefremo..I agree on selling him.But €20m will ger us nothing.We still owe €10m to City for him.I know some think that if we sell him we'll get a better CF we wont.We may not even buy one.We are paying for Matri too this summer.If he gets sold it will be terrible deal.Maybe Bianchi.Im not even joking.
Those are rumours but not real Wink I doubt he'll bring in more than 10. He's not worth more anyway. If he's worth 20m, real madrid signing kroos for 24 million would just be ridiculously low.

I believe Kroos was entering the last year of his contract. It was either extend or sell for Bayern. 25mil is still a huge sum for a player that's in his last year of his contract and clearly willing to listen to how much other teams will offer in terms of salary.

I don't know if the Blind rumors to Barca and United are true. Media nowdays have linked many Dutch players to United, so it's impossible to tell if the interest in genuine. I wouldn't doubt that they offered 20mil though. Those bastards are throwing money around like there is no tomorrow. 20mil offer from them for Blind is not hard to believe.

If there is any genuine interest from United and Barca for Blind.....there is absolutely no way that we'll sign him for 6mil. Those teams will overpay and we simply can't compete with that.

RE: Summer Mercato - Gabriel426 - 07-23-2014

In a way, Blind is worth 20mil based on the fact that he is 25 and can play well in multiple positions and just had a good WC. On top of that, I really don't think there are a lot of LBs better than him at the moment.

RE: Summer Mercato - Gio-mania - 07-23-2014

Exactly. Kroos had one year remaining on his contract. He was demanding wages that didn't fit into Bayern's wage structure and so they decided to cash in on him while they still had the chance. From this perspective I think 30 million is a huge sum.

Daley Blind has two years left on his contract so that can push prices up. Barça spending 20 million for him wouldn't be unheard of but they already have Jordi Alba, Adriano and now Mathieu at LB. Then again he also plays CB so they could use him. So they could have to outbid Man U, but I can't see them going above 25-ish million for what is a) a defender and b) a player without a huge buzz around him despite a promising World Cup. But even without the big dogs in the picture I doubt we'd be able to afford him. I even wonder why he'd leave Ajax for us in the first place (money aside).

RE: Summer Mercato - reza - 07-23-2014

Why do rumour places and people still mention expensive players in relation to us? lol. I just saw new Griezmann rumour .....