AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer Mercato - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer Mercato (/showthread.php?tid=582)

RE: Summer Mercato - Lilly - 07-28-2014

(07-28-2014, 06:01 PM)reza Wrote: We really deserve to know what is happening with Berlusconi, it is definitely not just "no money", it is impossible. Look at this:

"Stefan De Vrij Transfers to Lazio for 8.5 million"

It doesn't matter how good he is but this is another Italian club that makes a needed (for them) purchase of a World Cup player...

I completely agree. It's almost as if there's somebody in the management who is deliberately trying his/her best to run the club into the ground. Every single decision made in the last couple of years has been detrimental to the club’s performance, reputation and finances. Even incompetent people can do better than this. It almost feels like deliberate sabotage. I can’t even think of any clubs to make fun of anymore because it seems like everyone else seems to be at least trying to not wreck their club.

All the important people in our management are at various degrees of Huh. We have:
1) Barbara Berlusconi. Seems to be the one making sense and thinking about decisions that are actually good for the club – Casa Milan, youth investment, our own stadium, long-term financial stability. However, it‘s doubtful she can actually pull it off because she doesn’t seem to have enough power to make the really big decisions. It appears she doesn’t have any say in the transfers for example. At this point, it just sounds like she actually reads stuff about Milan on the internet and says a few nice sounding things occasionally.
2) Berlusconi: completely senile, clueless and deluded. He comes across as SO stupid nowadays that I have no idea how he managed to make his fortunes in the first place. He’s going around blabbing nonsense and it’s clear everyone just sees him as a joke.
3) Galliani: the worst. Worse than a joke. Sold our best players, offered high wages to useless hacks, alienated our club legends, pissed off everyone in the sport and sprouting BS a random 5-year-old can see through. It seems like he doesn’t know how the football world works at all nowadays. If you appoint a random person on the street as the CEO of Milan after showing him a few football forums and Wikipedia pages, I’m positive that he’d do better

I’m willing to support Milan through whatever crisis we are going to go through – even relegation and bankruptcy if it ever comes to that. I’m sure many fans here are the same way. I just think we deserve to know what actually is happening to cause the club to behave this way. The emotional manipulation is just painful. It sucks that they keep talking as if we still want to compete at a certain level when that’s just not happening at all. Not even close. I understand that admitting what kind of trouble we’re in might alienate some casual fans, but these kinds of lies can disillusion the staunchest of supporters.

RE: Summer Mercato - honsano - 07-29-2014

To me the scariest thing is that other clubs in Serie A are even surpassing us in the transfer market. It is one thing to say Serie A can't compete with the EPL or La Liga. It is entirely different to say Milan can't compete in Serie A.

RE: Summer Mercato - nefremo - 07-29-2014

(07-29-2014, 12:36 AM)honsano Wrote: To me the scariest thing is that other clubs in Serie A are even surpassing us in the transfer market. It is one thing to say Serie A can't compete with the EPL or La Liga. It is entirely different to say Milan can't compete in Serie A.

And that right there is the issue for me. I understand we can't sign 30mil Euro players....but not being able to sign 5mil ones is just very fishy.

RE: Summer Mercato - ACM2023 - 07-29-2014

Griezmann was bought by Atletico Madrid. To think that some of us thought that Milan had a chance. Icon_lol2

Cerci won't be bought either. I just hope that we got rid of the deadwood. The photo roster is up (http://www.acmilan.com/en/teams), and we still have 28 on there.

Goalkeepers (3): Abbiati, Agazzi, Gabriel
I don't think there would be any further change in that department this summer, even though I really hope that Agazzi would be sold right away. I don't even care if we got a profit out of him.

Defenders (10): Abate, Albertazzi, Bonera, Constant, Alex, De Sciglio, Mexes, Vila, Zaccardo, Zapata
I am a bit disappointed in Alex, as I had higher hope. We should definitely unload at least two players. I still don't understand what's holding Vila here? Constant or Zaccardo should be the other one that leaves, though Inzaghi just recently "convinced" Zaccardo to stay.

Midfielders (7): Cristante, De Jong, Essien, Montolivo, Muntari, Poli, Saponara
Just get rid of Essien, and I will be happy. I know that other players aren't really good, but I am realistic/cynical enough to know that no one with quality would arrive.

Forwards (8): Balotelli, Robinho, El Shaarawy, Honda, Mastour, Menez, Niang, Pazzini
I hope that Robinho will finally leave. I am indifferent if we loan/sell/keep Niang.

Hopefully, at the end of the summer, we can trim the squad to 3/8/6/6 + Mastour + some other promising youths such as Mastalli. I won't even ask for any new quality signings, but I know that Galliani will manage to bring in even more fodders and "Grazie Presidente". Facepalm

RE: Summer Mercato - Jay Crisp - 07-29-2014

FFS we can't compete with Championship clubs never mind Serie A.We can wonder and moan and be pissed all we want , but as long as Berlusconi owns Milan nothing will change.
Berlu is delusional and comes across as a grumpy senile old man , you know the type "it was all better in the old days".
Galliani is shockingly terrible at his job , without buckets of cash and ignoring the clubs debt he is useless.
Barbara is well shes nothing , say what ye like about her ideas.She's falling in line , talking of champions , taking Milan back to the top , new project must be like Bayern Barca Atletico Dortmund Arsenal Germany blah blah...she's using all the right sayings and buzzwords without actually starting or doing anything.
New stadium yeah , that died a death.

When you think that Constant ,Matri , Essien , Saponara , Essien , Salamon , Vergara ,Silvestre is near 30m would of got us Benatia ,Eriksen , Jorginho or Naingollan.You do begin to wonder if all these absolute awful signings are on purpose.Prob not but how can AC Milan be so stupid.

RE: Summer Mercato - ACMILAN1983 - 07-29-2014

(07-28-2014, 09:04 PM)Lilly Wrote: I completely agree. It's almost as if there's somebody in the management who is deliberately trying his/her best to run the club into the ground. Every single decision made in the last couple of years has been detrimental to the club’s performance, reputation and finances. Even incompetent people can do better than this. It almost feels like deliberate sabotage. I can’t even think of any clubs to make fun of anymore because it seems like everyone else seems to be at least trying to not wreck their club.

All the important people in our management are at various degrees of Huh. We have:
1) Barbara Berlusconi. Seems to be the one making sense and thinking about decisions that are actually good for the club – Casa Milan, youth investment, our own stadium, long-term financial stability. However, it‘s doubtful she can actually pull it off because she doesn’t seem to have enough power to make the really big decisions. It appears she doesn’t have any say in the transfers for example. At this point, it just sounds like she actually reads stuff about Milan on the internet and says a few nice sounding things occasionally.
2) Berlusconi: completely senile, clueless and deluded. He comes across as SO stupid nowadays that I have no idea how he managed to make his fortunes in the first place. He’s going around blabbing nonsense and it’s clear everyone just sees him as a joke.
3) Galliani: the worst. Worse than a joke. Sold our best players, offered high wages to useless hacks, alienated our club legends, pissed off everyone in the sport and sprouting BS a random 5-year-old can see through. It seems like he doesn’t know how the football world works at all nowadays. If you appoint a random person on the street as the CEO of Milan after showing him a few football forums and Wikipedia pages, I’m positive that he’d do better

I’m willing to support Milan through whatever crisis we are going to go through – even relegation and bankruptcy if it ever comes to that. I’m sure many fans here are the same way. I just think we deserve to know what actually is happening to cause the club to behave this way. The emotional manipulation is just painful. It sucks that they keep talking as if we still want to compete at a certain level when that’s just not happening at all. Not even close. I understand that admitting what kind of trouble we’re in might alienate some casual fans, but these kinds of lies can disillusion the staunchest of supporters.

I don't think I've seen you post here before, so just wanted to say welcome to MM Smile

I also want to say excellent first post, almost nothing I disagree with here, although I think let's give a little credit to Barbara for at least getting Casa Milan off the ground and actually making headway on the stadium (albeit without financial support that project won't get off the ground). Your post in the Serie A thread was also excellent (as I've responded there), really hope to see you posting regularly here Smile

I would like to know how many casual fans still support Milan. I mean casual fans generally support teams during periods of success or when the teams have individuals they like (e.g. Honda for us brings money in Japan). Seeing as we're in sharp decline and the years of success are gone right now, those casual fans are surely gone, while those supporting individuals will probably buy a Milan shirt with the player's name regardless of our achievements.

On the other hand, I don't just bet, but I guarantee the club has lost hardcore fans with the lack of transparency. I've supported Milan since the late 80's and have never doubted my support for the club as much as I have done (and continue to do) in the past few years. Never mind the club messing us fans around, but as I've said before, the club and it's actions in recent times goes against pretty much all of the values that drew me to love the club in the first place.

You know what's worse is that the actions of those in charge in the club is driving away those who have shown love to the club as players or members of staff. I'm talking about the likes of Maldini and Seedorf, but also current players like De Sciglio, El Shaarawy and Cristante. These guys want to succeed with Milan, but the way we act on the market means 2 of them (De Scilgio and Cristante) are open to moves away from the club, while El Shaarawy would already have been sold had he not rejected moves away.

RE: Summer Mercato - Rosson3r - 07-29-2014

Scuffet; Romulo, Vrsaljko, Paletta, Criscito; Eremenko, Casemiro; Iturbe, Nani, Biabiany; Mandzukic.

team made ​​up of players that we have asked for

RE: Summer Mercato - Aficio - 07-29-2014

(07-29-2014, 11:01 AM)Rosson3r Wrote: Scuffet; Romulo, Vrsaljko, Paletta, Criscito; Eremenko, Casemiro; Iturbe, Nani, Biabiany; Mandzukic.

team made ​​up of players that we have asked for

Haha, I was about to post this piece of info.

And this is not even better than what we had last 2 matches. Undecided

RE: Summer Mercato - Arildonardo - 07-29-2014

Ronaldinho is free after terminating his contract with Atlético Mineiro... Devilol

RE: Summer Mercato - ZvonimirBoban - 07-29-2014

You know, since Football Manager 2012 (3 years straight!) Milan's transfer budget is literally zero. Yes, if you play Milan, you don't have transfer budget and your wage budget also already exceeded the limit. So, you cannot buy anyone, and even if you sell any player, a) the revenue won't be 100% returned as your transfer budget, you'll only get at max 40%; and b) you still cannot buy anyone before you cover your wage budget excess with what you get from the sales.

Yes; in Football Manager, as Milan, you literally have to sell before you buy. You have to sell plenty even before you buy peanuts.

Pretty accurate, you might say.

I'm looking forward to play FM 2015 Sagrin