AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer Mercato - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer Mercato (/showthread.php?tid=582)

RE: Summer Mercato - ACM2023 - 07-30-2014

I know that I would be happy enough if we manage to kick out more (read: not ALL) mediocre, not-give-a-fuck, yet wage-guzzling fodders. Yes, I am not even asking for signings of great players, and I already resigned to seeing that bald oldfart still here year in year out.

Am I positive or negative? Icon_lol2

RE: Summer Mercato - nefremo - 07-30-2014

That is definitely..............................POSITIVE!
Big Grin

RE: Summer Mercato - ACM2023 - 07-30-2014

(07-29-2014, 06:33 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: We're linked with Hatem Ben Arfa from Newcastle. Nigel De Jong broke his leg in 2010...

I heard that he would cost about €8m. With that money (I mean, if we had that kind of money Facepalm), I would rather we use on Cerci.

[Image: 10583890_720010254701726_8389507893770886016_n.jpg]

If you looked at only the torso, you would think that's Ronaldo (the fat one of course) on vacation. :d

RE: Summer Mercato - Jay Crisp - 07-31-2014

Ben Arfa is by no means a bad player , but not a game changer ..maybe 1 or 2 times a season but not consistent.After Iturbe Cerci Griezman to get a cut price Ben Arfa as the big summer signing is deflating.He'll be a bench player and just nothing that will up us a level,Its a typical AC Milan signing , just no point to it.Id prefer Taarabt.Good thing is he'll cost at least 7/8m so we cant afford him...How sad is that Sad

RE: Summer Mercato - ACMILAN1983 - 07-31-2014

Off topic, but I came across an excellent article about the club's and Italian football's decline in recent years. Just thought people might be interested:

http://backpagefootball.com/institutions-decline/79842/?

Also Ben Arfa!? The guy's been criticised for lack of discipline and been fined for being overweight (the picture above says it all really). This is exactly the sort of signing that's lead us to where we are in recent years, signing "talented" players who don't have the discipline or professionalism to reach the top. It's a waste of money and resources.

We've also been linked strongly to Andre Ayew now.

(07-30-2014, 05:41 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: Like I said several months ago: why would this summer be different?

I think nefremo explained it pretty well Wink

(07-30-2014, 05:08 PM)Maltese Charlie Wrote: Most probably I am the only one here who remains positive till the end.
May be because I am getting old.....Sagrin

I understand you're positive, but you surely must agree that so far it's not looking too good. I remember we posted not too long ago that Berlusconi getting involved again is key to our rebuilding, but so far the story seems to be the same as every year, where he's not getting particularly involved, is furious with the coach for getting beaten badly by better teams and no signs that investment is coming.

Galliani's doing all the work right now and he's very much continuing the trend of recent years of having a bloated and expensive squad and no resources to actually improve it and few leads to remove the excess.

Truth is, we need a sign that something is different this year. So far, it's been all talk and PR, with some "secret" mercato meetings that appear to make Milan relevant. However, until now the action is the same as every year, with a few free players added, a couple loaned out and little development on progress on what the coach needs to implement his ideas.

RE: Summer Mercato - Arildonardo - 07-31-2014

We're linked with Perin again. Maybe our management have seen that our goalkeepers have been crap in pre-season.

RE: Summer Mercato - ACMILAN1983 - 07-31-2014

I think the link might be tenuous though. Basically Perin was linked to Bayern but his agent said that he won't just be backup to Neuer so it's unlikely. At the same time, he was asked about links to Milan, to which he said he doesn't know of anything, but Galliani and Preziosi are friends so might have discussed it. I get the impression the press are jumping on that comment and linking us more to Perin (bear in mind we still have Abbiati).

As for Agazzi, I'm just confused why we ever even considered him. He's never shown anything to play at the level we're expected to be in his career, so getting him and now being disappointed by him is just bizarre. What's even more strange is we got Agazzi when Ochoa's free too.

(07-31-2014, 12:14 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: We're linked with Perin again. Maybe our management have seen that our goalkeepers have been crap in pre-season.

We are.But Genoa want €15m , so em yeah.

RE: Summer Mercato - nefremo - 07-31-2014

News saying that we will sign a right winger after we sell Robinho. Hahahaha This is such a joke. You would think that we are selling Robinho for millions and millions, when in fact the most we can get for him is 4-5 mil and THAT IS A STRETCH.

So what winger can we than sign for 4-5 mil? I'd rather not sign anyone and just give the minutes to Niang and Mastour. Whatever, it can't get worse than what it is so what's the point of wasting money on an average winger and spending a few mil in wages.

We (Milan) have fallen as far as one can fall , without relegation.