AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer Mercato - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer Mercato (/showthread.php?tid=582)

RE: Summer Mercato - Eli - 08-08-2014

MILAN – Spanish side Elche have bought Milan Primavera defender Luca Iotti.

First it was Pacifico and now its Iotti, our 2 most promising center backs from the primavera.

Can anyone please explain to me the logic behind this?

RE: Summer Mercato - ACM2023 - 08-08-2014

(08-08-2014, 09:16 PM)elieassi Wrote: MILAN – Spanish side Elche have bought Milan Primavera defender Luca Iotti.

First it was Pacifico and now its Iotti, our 2 most promising center backs from the primavera.

It is simple. We have no plan, no ambition, hence, no future, no hope.

This management is run on a daily basis of excuses, whichever are convenient, that is.

RE: Summer Mercato - ACMILAN1983 - 08-08-2014

(08-08-2014, 09:16 PM)elieassi Wrote: MILAN – Spanish side Elche have bought Milan Primavera defender Luca Iotti.

ummm.....Devilconfused

RE: Summer Mercato - reza - 08-08-2014

This one an 18 year old. We sold four 20 year olds already amd I am forgetting a fifth lol. I have no idea what is happening.

RE: Summer Mercato - nefremo - 08-08-2014

Is there a buy back option?
Iotti is only 18 right now, will be 19 in November. So he was still eligible for The Primavera right?

Some of these players simply have to go because they are too old for the Primavera and not good enough for the first team but not Iotti.

I can't comment on him as I only saw him play once past summer. I would imagine that there is either a buy back option or he simply may not be good enough.

RE: Summer Mercato - Mystik - 08-08-2014

Lol so out of all our youth players, we don't even have one graduating defender that is decent enough to sit on our bench? Seems our #youthpolicy is doing quite well at the moment Devilol

RE: Summer Mercato - Nalx - 08-09-2014

(08-08-2014, 09:00 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: Rumours of a swap deal between us and Juve. Zapata for Giovinco.

Good deal IMO. Giovinco can play as an attacking midfielder, the kind of player we desperately need. On the other hand Zapata can leave since we already have too many CBs in our squad.

(08-08-2014, 09:35 PM)reza Wrote: This one an 18 year old. We sold four 20 year olds already amd I am forgetting a fifth lol. I have no idea what is happening.

The only 18 year old we're interested in is exotic dancer, if you know what I mean.

RE: Summer Mercato - ACM2023 - 08-09-2014

Rumors say that Diego Lopez asks for 4M a year (even higher than his current earning at Real, 3.5M), while Milan is offering only 2.5M. Galliani will turn to Perin if Lopez deal fails. O

RE: Summer Mercato - Eli - 08-09-2014

GdS reports that if Milan decide to sign Perin, then it will most likely be on loan with an option to buy given his inexperience.

Read "given that we don't want to spend a penny". As for the option to buy clauses I don't know why any club would want to trust us on that given what we did with the Rami deal and Rami was desperate to come to Milan. I don't see Perin having the same desire.

On the subject on selling Pacifico and Iotti, supposedly our 2 most promising center backs and if the argument of them being too old to play for the Primavera and not yet good enough for the first team, that's why there's such a thing as loaning players instead of selling them.

What do we sell those players for anyway? for peanuts. What serious financial gain is in it? Instead the players we should be selling we loan and pay a part of their huge wages, Matri, Robinho, Nocerino, Birsa case in point and keep players like Muntari and Essien on the payroll.

Honestly I don't know why I bother getting upset anymore when the owners and directors of this club are hell bent on destroying it.

RE: Summer Mercato - WCmilan - 08-09-2014

Zapata for Giovinco excites me.. I always found Giovinco as an underrated player, but Zapata also did impress me this world cup albeit he could be easily replaced. I'd rather get rid of Mexes if anything, IDK.

Laudisa said if we don't buy Perin this year we will next year, and apparently we will buy Perin if Lopez deal doesn't work out. If we sign Lopez and Armero we will have a capable defensive unit with good depth, but these are all just cheap and temporary fixes. We'll have a world class goalkeeper in Lopez, a solid variety of CB's, our fullbacks will be OK, and I say this because Abate can play great, but sometimes he can be shit, and I don't know how Armero will perform. When he was at his best, his pricetag was 15-20m and a whole bunch of teams wanted him, similar to Zapata at Udine, now they are both underperforming, or just performing where they should be? who knows - inconsistency explains it best in my eyes, and consistency comes with commitment to training, which also comes from a solid plan that will lead to something. My point is, if Inzaghi can really get the group playing good football then it's easier to motivate them to go for the scudetto and they should train hard to get there obviously.

And finally, as cheap and annoying as Galliani & co. can be, I do strongly believe we will make a solid addition in the form of a RW or attacking player, other than Taarabt. I think we'll sign one of Lavezzi,Cerci or Campbell. They all have their pluses and minuses... Lavezzi is probably the best one of them all, and will probably be the most dangerous. Cerci is impressive and reminds me of a poorer version of Robben, whereas Campbell has me unsure. He's got great workrate from what I've seen, he's capable of taking his man and making some dangerous situations, but he's by no means close to Lavezzi or Cerci when it comes to driving towards the net and making real danger, he wont be that extra pair of legs for us on the pitch when all else fails, which is what Inzaghi wants, he wants a really good winger on the right.
I'm surprised after Pastore's whole "I'm going to play for Milan one day" , that we didn't pursue that interest.. As far as I know he can play at RM, but of course also CAM, if we can get him back into form we have a world class player, and he might be one of the only people I would see us getting at a cut price given he's not a guarantee much anymore at PSG.

Finally, we better plan on strengthening our midfield, and I hope that signing doesn't come in the form of Dzemaili.. Just a slight Nocerino upgrade.