AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer Mercato - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer Mercato (/showthread.php?tid=582)

RE: Summer Mercato - k7r - 08-24-2014

For chicarito?

RE: Summer Mercato - ACM2023 - 08-24-2014

For cash, and more bunga bunga for our presidente. Grazie. Proud

RE: Summer Mercato - slifersd - 08-24-2014

At this point, we might as well sell Mexes and De Jong. This team is clearly trying to "build for the future", and has little to no chance at contending with anything meaningful in the near future. That being the case, why would we need these veterans here then? de Jong, Diego Lopez and guys like Rami and Alex won't be around for that future project, so might as well sell them all for cash while we still can. In a couple of years, if that new project actually works out (big IF), these guys would handicap our money again Robinho style.

RE: Summer Mercato - ACM2023 - 08-24-2014

"Building for the future" doesn't mean that we should completely forego the near future, and certainly just because that a player is older doesn't mean that he should be less preferred to. Age isn't everything in this consideration, as you never know how long a player can be around. For example, when Pippo Inzaghi started his first season with Milan, he was already 28, but he spent 11 seasons as a player with us. When Pato joined us, he had enormous potential and was only 18 years old, and we all know how it went in the end.

RE: Summer Mercato - millinarios - 08-24-2014

It's nearly pointless to discuss, as for Milan "building for the future" is just bullshit for the fans.

RE: Summer Mercato - ACMILAN1983 - 08-24-2014

Cerci deal may not be happening with Cairo proving difficult to negotiate with. If it falls through, Lestienne is likely to be bought.

http://www.milannews.it/primo-piano/cerci-ora-o-mai-piu-incontro-decisivo-galliani-cairo-ma-il-milan-ha-in-mano-lestienne-153259

I know there was some negative reaction to Lestienne's name before, mostly around him not playing for the national team, but has anyone actually watched him regularly to judge how well he'd fit at Milan?

I ask this for a few reasons. Most obvious is I've not seen a huge amount of him myself so am not really in a great position to judge. That said, from what I've seen he seems technically very good, very fast (a feature I think Inzaghi wants) and he looked a little like El Shaarawy in the way he plays. His goalscoring record at Brugge is roughly 1 every 3 games (a good return for a winger/forward).

He appears to have been heavily involved in all levels of the national youth sides and looking at his date of birth, I think it's probably understandable he's not been involved in the senior side yet given he only turned 22 in June, meaning he was eligible for the U21 side until just recently. That, along with the fact that Belgium in recent years have brought through a lot of top quality wingers who are all older and more experienced and you can understand that Wilmots chose them ahead of Lestienne. The one exception is Januzaj, who's actually younger, but it's worth remembering unlike Lestienne he's just had a breakthrough year at United, which despite it's problems remains one of the biggest clubs in world football and is part of a better quality league than the Belgian one.

Edit: I posted this in the Summer Schedule thread, but it's probably more relevant here:

Currently, we're a couple of players short of what we need, but we need to replace existing ones in the squad. Just to give a brief overview, ideally by the end of this mercato, I think our squad needs to be...

3 GKs: Lopez, Abbiati, Gabriel/Agazzi
4 Fullbacks: DES as a main starter, Abate and Armero offering solutions with Albertazzi currently backup. Didac needs selling.
5 CBs: Currently we have one too many. Alex, Rami, Zapata and Bonera are the 4 main CBs, then we have Mexes and Zaccardo, imo one needs to be sold (ideally we'd sell both and have a top CB come in, but that's not happening).
5 Mids: Essien needs to be sold imo for a new starter mezzala. Right now I see De Jong, Montolivo and that new player being first choice. Cristante is De Jong's backup, Poli and Saponara as mezzala backup and Muntari the spare man who can fill all 3 roles. I would consider keeping Essien until January just as an extra man until Montolivo's back.
5 (6 counting Mastour) Wingers: El Shaarawy is my first choice, with Menez as a alternative. We'll hopefully get a left footed winger for the right, with Honda as an alternative and then Niang as the additional backup. Mastour can't be relied on at 16, it's all about experiencing senior football this year. Niang and Menez are important to fill in for attack too.
2 Forwards: Pazzini is our only one right now, so obviously we need a new starter. As mentioned above, Niang and Menez will also be relied on to be a 3rd option.

That's 25 (counting Mastour and not Essien). Bearing in mind we just have 2 competitions (Serie A and Italian cup), that's enough imo for this year. Barring exceptional circumstances with injuries, which shouldn't be the case given we play once a week, we should cope with those numbers.

Actions required by the club imo are:

- Sell/loan Agazzi or Gabriel.
- Sell one of Mexes or Zaccardo
- Sign a new midfielder (starter quality)
- Sign a new winger (as mentioned above, most likely Cerci or Lestienne)
- Sign a forward

It's a lot to do!

RE: Summer Mercato - nefremo - 08-24-2014

You're spot on Dev. I hope Galliani gets to work.

There's been rumors today of Mexes looking for a new club, and that Galliani has discussed Zapata with Roma (I guess if Benatia leaves?).
Didac's agent confirmed that his client will be leaving Milan this week. He was very critical of Milan and how they didn't believe in Didac from the very beginning (football italia had this I think a couple days ago.
As was mentioned earlier, rumors of De Jong being sold are also coming out from Sky. They say that Man U has been working on it and are close to a deal. The number mentioned is 9mil pounds.
One of Gabriel/Agazzi NEEDS to leave and the same with Zaccardo.

If these moves happen they will significantly cut down the squad size. So much so that even if we buy 3 players like you suggested (I agree with) we will still be around 23/24+Mastour.

Let's see if Galliani can pull it off. He is running out of time.

By the way, I'm a little disapointed that the Douglas Costa rumors have diaappeared. I hope it's just the calm before the storm. I'm also affraid that Galliani may use this TIM tournament performance as am excuse to not sign a winger. Honda had a decent performance but he is still far from convincing to me. A good 75 mins or so in a pre-season game won't change my opinion. I still think he's doesn't offer what we need on the wing and is pretty much wasted there. The only reason he's playing there is because we don't have another left footer in the attacking third. We need a better winger, and Honda needs to become the alternative for that position, which in turn may give him the chance to shine as a mezzala.

RE: Summer Mercato - HO-YOUNG - 08-24-2014

so we have no coach and no players... what will we watch as fans???? nothing worth looking at

RE: Summer Mercato - nefremo - 08-24-2014

(08-24-2014, 03:30 PM)HO-YOUNG Wrote: so we have no coach and no players... what will we watch as fans???? nothing worth looking at

Huh

RE: Summer Mercato - maharaja - 08-24-2014

(08-24-2014, 03:30 PM)HO-YOUNG Wrote: so we have no coach and no players... what will we watch as fans???? nothing worth looking at

we do have a coach. Unproven, but there he is, and he is well known among the fans (not for his coaching). As for the players, well, at least 3 or 4 of them are OK for a decent Serie A side. The rest, however, are crap.