AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Summer Mercato - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Summer Mercato (/showthread.php?tid=582)

RE: Summer Mercato - Jay Crisp - 03-17-2014

(03-17-2014, 11:42 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Essien wasn't Seedorf's request, it makes no sense if he was. Galliani has said that he had been trying to agree the Essien move months before Seedorf came in, so how could Seedorf be requesting a player before Allegri's position is even in doubt. Seedorf spoke to Essien before he came, but that's not the same as requesting he be signed.

Well Seedorf said he wanted Essien and phoned him to convince him.Also contacted Ancelotti.
G can say he wanted him for months he always does that.
But we can only go by actual words Seedorf said which was he wanted and asked for Essien also for Taarabt

You see seedorf knows the Milan way he is a symbol which is why he only looks for broken or average free players.

RE: Summer Mercato - ZvonimirBoban - 03-17-2014

(03-17-2014, 11:42 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Essien wasn't Seedorf's request, it makes no sense if he was. Galliani has said that he had been trying to agree the Essien move months before Seedorf came in, so how could Seedorf be requesting a player before Allegri's position is even in doubt. Seedorf spoke to Essien before he came, but that's not the same as requesting he be signed.

http://www.ghbase.com/new-ac-milan-boss-seedorf-requests-essien/#

If the link above is not considered reliable enough,

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/clarence-seedorf-delighted-to-bring-michael-essien-to-ac-milan-9086072.html

RE: Summer Mercato - Sajymundo - 03-17-2014

The picture on the home page of milanmania says it all, a squad that is too large and most of the players are useless.

So i decided to go thiugh the current list of players and see what would happen if you took the waste of space out. Some of the players that remain in the squad you may not agreee with but hear me out.

Out - GK
----------
Abbiati
Coppola
Amelia

Out - Def
----------
Mexes
Constant
Silvestre
Zoccardo

Out - Mid
-----------
Muntari
Essien
Birsa
Emanuelson
Taarabt (played well, not Milan quality though, but that doesnt say much these days)
Saponara (Needs to go out on load and play, will not get a chance and has been crap)
Nocerino
Montolivo - has had a shocker of season, if we can get money for him then let him go.

Out - Att
----------
Robinho
Niang (Possibly)

Taking that lot out would still leave us with around 20 players! its a crazy situation to get yourself in, and they think they know how to run a club? Look at the squad in 05/06 and there was only 23 players.

Ok, so back to my point, if we manage to get rid of this lot and some of the crap that is already out on loan, maybe get £10-20 Mil if we are really lucky?

GK - We would need at least 1 if not 2 keeps, 1 should be 1st choice as Gabriel hasnt been that good. Expect to spend £5-10 Mil

Def - At least 2-3 defender. 1st choice LB is a must as is a 1st choice CB. £15-20 Mil

Mid - Bryan Cristante should be regarded as the one pleyer we need, but if needs must a Defensive Mid that knows how to defend 1st. We currentlly have too many bal players who actually cant pass for shit, Kaka included. £10 Mil

Att - I would get rid of Robinho and by 1 more player to play on the right, Cerci would be ideal, trickery and pace. £10 Mil (conservative)

So overall a potential outlay of £45 - £20 Mil = £25 Mil investment. doesnt sound too bad if you really wanted to start building a squad.

Lets hear what you guys think and possibly who would you get in. Rememebr this isnt the players we are going to get, who would you like to see, lets hear some names people so we can dream of better days.

RE: Summer Mercato - ACM2023 - 03-17-2014

I think most people here would agree with you on who to retain and who should be kicked out, but the problem remains that we cannot get rid of fodders for various reason (they don't want to go, Galliani wants to keep them, Galliani wants to buy more fodders, etc).

RE: Summer Mercato - ACMILAN1983 - 03-18-2014

(03-17-2014, 04:05 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: http://www.ghbase.com/new-ac-milan-boss-seedorf-requests-essien/#

If the link above is not considered reliable enough,

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/clarence-seedorf-delighted-to-bring-michael-essien-to-ac-milan-9086072.html

Never heard of the first source if I'm honest and given they couldn't even get Galliani's name right, I do have to question it. On top of that, it suggests as if Seedorf was the one conducting the deal to bring him in, which never happens in Italy, let alone Milan, where directors, not coaches, conduct negotiations.

The London Evening Standard isn't the best source either, it's basically a local tabloid in the UK, which usually don't have particularly reliable journalists or resources. That said, it does seem correct in what it reports as I remember it. That is, Seedorf saying he's happy Essien is coming, but never does it suggest Seedorf was the one to request Essien. We know Essien and Seedorf spoke before the deal was confirmed, as they've both acknowledged this publicly, but that doesn't mean Seedorf went to Galliani and said "I want to bring Essien", but rather I bet Galliani went to Seedorf and said "we've been working to bring Essien in, will you use him", to which the response probably was "yeah, he's a player with experience and could be useful in rebuilding".

(03-17-2014, 05:49 PM)Sajymundo Wrote: The picture on the home page of milanmania says it all, a squad that is too large and most of the players are useless.

So i decided to go thiugh the current list of players and see what would happen if you took the waste of space out. Some of the players that remain in the squad you may not agreee with but hear me out.

Out - GK
----------
Abbiati
Coppola
Amelia

Out - Def
----------
Mexes
Constant
Silvestre
Zoccardo

Out - Mid
-----------
Muntari
Essien
Birsa
Emanuelson
Taarabt (played well, not Milan quality though, but that doesnt say much these days)
Saponara (Needs to go out on load and play, will not get a chance and has been crap)
Nocerino
Montolivo - has had a shocker of season, if we can get money for him then let him go.

Out - Att
----------
Robinho
Niang (Possibly)

Taking that lot out would still leave us with around 20 players! its a crazy situation to get yourself in, and they think they know how to run a club? Look at the squad in 05/06 and there was only 23 players.

Ok, so back to my point, if we manage to get rid of this lot and some of the crap that is already out on loan, maybe get £10-20 Mil if we are really lucky?

GK - We would need at least 1 if not 2 keeps, 1 should be 1st choice as Gabriel hasnt been that good. Expect to spend £5-10 Mil

Def - At least 2-3 defender. 1st choice LB is a must as is a 1st choice CB. £15-20 Mil

Mid - Bryan Cristante should be regarded as the one pleyer we need, but if needs must a Defensive Mid that knows how to defend 1st. We currentlly have too many bal players who actually cant pass for shit, Kaka included. £10 Mil

Att - I would get rid of Robinho and by 1 more player to play on the right, Cerci would be ideal, trickery and pace. £10 Mil (conservative)

So overall a potential outlay of £45 - £20 Mil = £25 Mil investment. doesnt sound too bad if you really wanted to start building a squad.

Lets hear what you guys think and possibly who would you get in. Rememebr this isnt the players we are going to get, who would you like to see, lets hear some names people so we can dream of better days.

I would maybe keep Abbiati, as he's said he's not against being second choice now. He'd be useful for his understanding of the club culture.

Another I'd keep is Montolivo. He's had a turbulent season, but has improved a lot under Seedorf and really I'd like to see him given a chance in a less volatile environment.

I like Cerci (Seedorf too apparently) and I think Cristante needs to be given confidence, so I like your thinking there. If I'm correct, we also still own Traore who would need to be sold and we need to consider what to do with Petagna, as he can't stay in Primavera forever and doesn't appear in your squad plans? I'd consider a loan, not as part of another player coming in, but with a view for him to get game time and chances to actually develop at the senior level.

Possibly the hardest task though is selling all those you mention. We've failed to sell Binho for a long time now, while I can't imagine many clubs will jump at the chance to get Birsa, Zaccardo, Traore, Constant or Silvestre (is he on loan, I forgot).

RE: Summer Mercato - GeoTav - 03-18-2014

Don't know where to write that, but did anyone read what said our beloved captain Paolo in La Gazetta Dello Sport ?

Link : http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie-A/Milan/17-03-2014/milan-maldini-galliani-barbara-distrutto-seedorf-80257368590.shtml

My translation :

Journalist : Did you watch the game on Sunday ?
Maldini : Yes, the games against Atletico too, and almost all the games from the last 2 years. Inside me, there is a mix between sadness and anger, not really because of the results, because it's already written that we'll end at the 10th or 11th place, but because it looks like everything that was built with a lot of work during the last 10 years was sent away. That hurst me. Milan has had the chance to have more winning cycles thanks to the synergy/collaboration of people, I know how much work was behind each success, what was needed to build such a beautiful story. Seeing everything destroyed makes me mad.

J : Why such a situation ?
M : Started from the departure of many players with a winning mentality. I think the successes depended on, before everything else, the people in the club. In Milan, in 25 years, there's been a lot of people, but who works in that club ? Nobody. From the historical Milan, there is Galli, responsible of the youth sector. Then there is Tassotti, who might leave at the end of the season. If that had to happen, that would be one more problem. We'll lose another part of our story. I hope that's not true. At Bayern and at Madrid, the historical figures (bandiere) work in the club. That's the first big problem. The Juventus has understood that and has restructured the club from Italian men who know how to build success.

J : It could look like a "pro-myself" answer ?
M : I know, but I don't speak about me. Some people could think I'm spitting in the dish I used to eat, but that's not the case. I'm really suffering looking at Milan being this way. I have two sons who play in the youth teams, one is on loan in Brescia. I feel like a part of this club.

J :Barbara and the fans have underlined the fact that the club badly spends its money, do you think they're right too ?
M : The club should say they have other objectives : they can't compete with Juventus and they're not in the best 10 in Europe. There is no project. They look at today instead of tomorrow. They must take players who can work with the in game system, not only players out of contract. That can work once, but not always. And then, if you give them a phraonic contract, that's useless. But the problem is structural.

J : Does Galliani has to leave or stay ?
M : I'm not the one to reply this question, but I think that when you feel like you are omnipotent, you don't understand anymore that the results were also obtained thanks to other people. To win, you need ideas, project and passion. In Milan, there's only the passion remaining. That's not enough.

J : Is Babara able to run the club ?
M : I don't know. It depends on who is around them to help her. I don't think she's a soccer expert nor an expert aregarding the players.

J : Some months ago, there were talks about your come back in the club. How close were you from that and why didn't that happen ?
M : I saw Barbara twice, after the division of the competences, I was labelled as the one to replace Galliani for the technical area, but then I didn't see anyone anymore. She wanted me to give/relay everything we just talked about, I was ready for a role in the sport area, but there was no development.

J : Seedorf has a Rossonero past. Is he the right coach right now ?
M : It's logical that he can't be an expert yet, he has a lot of courage, but even Guardiola couldn't do anything. Clarence is not guilty. Clear objectives are missing. Of course, to end the season, they could have taken a more experienced coach (with less risks) to start well the next season. This way, there's a risk that it could already break.

J : Would you have fired Allegri ?
M : The situation in the table was bad, nevertheless, I never thought any other coach could do better or give a shake up to the season.

J : Can Inzaghi be a valid alternative for the future ?
M : He's done 2 years with the young and that counts. IMO, a new/newbie coach must be supported by a strong structure not to break him. Sachi and Cappello were at their beginning (regarding their career) but they could count on great champions to help them.

RE: Summer Mercato - maharaja - 03-18-2014

GeoTav thank you for translating this!

To me it seems like a very strong attack against Galliani, although not always directly. And I am glad that he thinks the same as I do regarding Allegri, that who ever was in charge would make better results with that team.

RE: Summer Mercato - GeoTav - 03-18-2014

(03-18-2014, 02:39 PM)maharaja Wrote: GeoTav thank you for translating this!

To me it seems like a very strong attack against Galliani, although not always directly. And I am glad that he thinks the same as I do regarding Allegri, that who ever was in charge would make better results with that team.

He says the contrary actually, that nobody could have done better as everything was already broken ... Blush
(of course, he speaks about the current season, not about if a change had been done before the start of the season)

RE: Summer Mercato - maharaja - 03-18-2014

I didn't look what I wrote, that is what I wanted to say, to defend Allegri. Tired after working whole day Big Grin

RE: Summer Mercato - ACM2023 - 03-18-2014

Geo, thanks for sharing that interview. Forza Paolo! Heart