AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Winter mercato January 2015 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Winter mercato January 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=759)

RE: Winter mercato January 2015 - Jokka - 09-12-2014

(09-12-2014, 02:30 PM)eki111 Wrote: And Inzaghi was 24-25 when he left Atalanta for Juventus.

So I guess that Atalanta does produce some high-class players, such as Cabrini, Canigia, Prandelli, Donadoni, Montolivo, Pazzini...

Inzaghi joined Juventus aged 24 after a prolific scoring campaign for Atalanta. Although he's a midfielder, Bonaventura's stats hardly make me drool. Let's not forget we only bought him because he fit our budget (6m Cristante sale). If we had more money we wouldn't look at him twice.

Also since when has Montolivo/Pazzini ever been high-class players? They're both good squad players nothing more. High class means world class and neither has been or ever will be.

RE: Winter mercato January 2015 - eki111 - 09-12-2014

(09-12-2014, 02:38 PM)Jokka Wrote:
(09-12-2014, 02:30 PM)eki111 Wrote: And Inzaghi was 24-25 when he left Atalanta for Juventus.

So I guess that Atalanta does produce some high-class players, such as Cabrini, Canigia, Prandelli, Donadoni, Montolivo, Pazzini...

Inzaghi joined Juventus aged 24 after a prolific scoring campaign for Atalanta. Although he's a midfielder, Bonaventura's stats hardly make me drool. Let's not forget we only bought him because he fit our budget (6m Cristante sale). If we had more money we wouldn't look at him twice.

Also since when has Montolivo/Pazzini ever been high-class players? They're both good squad players nothing more. High class means world class and neither has been or ever will be.

Jokka, from your reactions to my opinions on current AC Milan players, I could say that you are not an AC Milan fan, is that correct, or is that correct???

(09-12-2014, 02:41 PM)eki111 Wrote: , from your reactions to my opinions on current AC Milan players, I could say that you are not an AC Milan fan, is that correct, or is that correct???

Why because like the majority of posters I think we've got a shit squad with zero prospects? Newsflash we finished 8th last season! That's what happens when you accumulate other team's garbage.

The fact I had to correct you many times implies you're not a true Milanista Devilol

RE: Winter mercato January 2015 - ACMILAN1983 - 09-12-2014

(09-12-2014, 09:51 AM)Jokka Wrote: My sentiments exactly. Who exactly has Galliani bought that makes people think we'll qualify for CL?

Diego Lopez - great league run last season but RM no longer back him. They prefer Casillas starting and signed a backup GK. Prior to last season he wasn't particularly impressive. God knows how he'll perform in a totally different league with crappy teammates and low morale.

Rami - horrible defender who's individual brainfarts against Atletico Madrid KO'd us from CL last season. We actually conceeded more goals in 2H last season since he became starter. He also had a bad unprofessional reputation at Valencia.

Alex - very good performer for PSG last season but he's no spring chicken. I also believe he'll struggle to replicate his form playing with worse players in a different league. His performances in pre-season were worrying to say the least.

Armero - the fact Napoli, Udinese and West Ham didn't want him says it all. We're only just reaching the same conclusion ourselves.

Van Ginkel - young, unproven player who barely played 2 games for Chelsea last season. He's just coming off a season ending ACL injury so who know's how he'll play. Judging by his performances in recent friendlies he looks average. Let's not even mention his disdain for Milan and the fact he was dragged kicking & screaming.

Torres - Mr. 50m stirker who couldn't buy a goal at Chelsea. Seriously we expect this misfiring buffoon to suddenly start scoring with Muntari/Poli supplying him when he couldn't with Hazard/Mata?! Read Chelsea forums to see how happy fans are their feeder club took him.

Menez - bad boy who failed in Serie A the first time with Roma. He was nothing more than a bench player at PSG. Don't expect anything from him.

Bonaventura - mid-20's midtable ATALANTA player. Nothing else needs to be said.

Inzaghi - rookie, unproven coach with ZERO senior coaching experience! Ex-Primavera boss who thought it was a good idea to sell his captain. I have zero faith in him against Serie A's minnows let alone the big boys. Gasperini, Iachini etc will outfox him with their experience.

I think you're a bit extreme in some assessments and I don't think anyone is under the illusion the club are certain favourites to be challenging for 3rd, but it's also not beyond the realm of possibility that it happens.

My issue isn't so much how competitive Milan looks for this season, it's the (lack of) long term planning and the indications given by the players bought in this summer, something I'm guessing we both agree on. Milan could win the league this year, but I'll still not be convinced this summer was progressive in the right way, because the potential damage from this summer won't be seen for a couple of years (both in players ageing and financial repercussions). On the players you named (and a few others):

Diego Lopez - While I agree with you on age and the long term costs of signing Diego Lopez, I do think you're underrating him. He was good for a number of years, it's just at Real there was more media attention on him. He was also first choice ahead of Casillas, but when talking about a person in the position of Casillas, it's hard to get around the politics. He wasn't my first choice and age and cost are big reasons.

Rami - I think your judgement on him is very harsh, as I think he did well on the whole with us and was an important personality in the group, offering teammates much more confidence. I really don't have issues with us buying him.

Alex - I generally agree with you on him, although I did accept him coming. Personally I'd have rather we'd have bought in a young defender to groom (a guy like Doria or maybe Balanta).

Armero - I agree with you on him. He's one who doesn't bother me much knowing he's a dry loan and backup to DES.

Van Ginkel - Never understood the fuss around him, he didn't really want to come and it's a dry loan. For me this was a terrible move from whichever angle you look at it, especially knowing that even if he does play well, he's gone at the end of the season.

Torres - I was amazed that he garnered interest after being signed. Anyway, he's another terrible signing for me and while he's come without a fee, his wages are astronomical knowing what the club can afford and he's generally had poor performances for a number of years now.

Menez - I feel you're harsh on Menez, as despite not being a starter he made good contributions at PSG. That said, he is a Taarabt replacement for me and should have been brought in as a joker from the bench, not a preferred starter.

Bonaventura - I think Bonaventura is one of the better signings made. That said, the expectations developing around him worries me. I feel people are expecting him to become a star and I don't think he's got it in him (a bit like Poli, I see him becoming a very useful squad player).

Inzaghi - We should at least give Pippo a chance. He's actually done reasonably well overall so far if you're prepared to look beyond friendly results and look at growth in the side. I'm not happy that he didn't demand more from the management during the summer though.

Poli - A useful squad player, though he needs to show more personality on the field.

Albertazzi - Low risk and cost even if he's unlikely to succeed, so I have no complaints with him.

Agazzi - Simply ridiculous signing.

Generally, it's a mixed bag for me with players coming in, with often my issue being the cost and age of the players involved. However, add the fact Galliani failed to sell "fodder" in the squad like Mexes, Zaccardo, Agazzi and at least 1 of Muntari or Essien the problems are compounded.

Further add to this the failed sales of players who are now out on loan like Matri, Nocerino and Robinho, players who the club still have to pay for and there's even less to feel positive about. Then there's the Cristante sale, which I've already said quite a bit on.

(09-12-2014, 02:48 PM)Jokka Wrote:
(09-12-2014, 02:41 PM)eki111 Wrote: , from your reactions to my opinions on current AC Milan players, I could say that you are not an AC Milan fan, is that correct, or is that correct???

Why because like the majority of posters I think we've got a shit squad with zero prospects? Newsflash we finished 8th last season! That's what happens when you accumulate other team's garbage.

The fact I had to correct you many times implies you're not a true Milanista Devilol
I am not a true Milanista???

Yea, I can see that you are an old member of this forum, since August 2014.
Not only I am Milanista, but I learned Italian from watching games of AC Milan, which I follow for the past 20 years...I even went to San Siro so many times that you don't have that many years.

I don't write bad things about my club even if they are currently not at their top. Only losers do so!!!

IO SONO MILANISTA NEL DNA!!!

(09-12-2014, 02:53 PM)eki111 Wrote: I am not a true Milanista???

Not only I am Milanista, but I learned Italian from watching games of AC Milan, which I follow for the past 20 years...I even went to San Siro so many times that you don't have that many years.

I don't write bad things about my club even if they are currently not at their top. Only losers do so!!!

Lol so my time as Milanista's based on joining an internet forum?! FYI I started watching Milan as a kid in the early 90's! I don't care how much Italian you've learnt or games you've watched you're clueless. You thought Ely and Maldini were top class prospects even though they've been sold/loaned! You genuinely believe Montolivo/Pazzini are high class players?!

Also you said if anyone criticizes Milan they're a loser. Therefore you've just called every forum member a loser. Hang your head in shame Interista! 3bandieraInter5ow

(09-12-2014, 03:10 PM)Jokka Wrote:
(09-12-2014, 02:53 PM)eki111 Wrote: I am not a true Milanista???

Lol so my time as Milanista's based on joining an internet forum?! FYI I started watching Milan as a kid in the early 90's! I don't care how much Italian you've learnt or games you've watched you're clueless. You thought Ely and Maldini were top class prospects even though they've been sold/loaned! You genuinely believe Montolivo/Pazzini are high class players?!

Also you said if anyone criticizes Milan they're a loser. Therefore you've just called every forum member a loser. Hang your head in shame Interista! 3bandieraInter5ow
Jebo ti interista mater...

(09-12-2014, 03:13 PM)eki111 Wrote: Jebo ti interista mater...

OK Moratti whatever you say...RossoneroInter5ow
(09-12-2014, 02:53 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I think you're a bit extreme in some assessments and I don't think anyone is under the illusion the club are certain favourites to be challenging for 3rd, but it's also not beyond the realm of possibility that it happens.

My issue isn't so much how competitive Milan looks for this season, it's the (lack of) long term planning and the indications given by the players bought in this summer, something I'm guessing we both agree on. Milan could win the league this year, but I'll still not be convinced this summer was progressive in the right way, because the potential damage from this summer won't be seen for a couple of years (both in players ageing and financial repercussions). On the players you named (and a few others):

Diego Lopez - While I agree with you on age and the long term costs of signing Diego Lopez, I do think you're underrating him. He was good for a number of years, it's just at Real there was more media attention on him. He was also first choice ahead of Casillas, but when talking about a person in the position of Casillas, it's hard to get around the politics. He wasn't my first choice and age and cost are big reasons.

Rami - I think your judgement on him is very harsh, as I think he did well on the whole with us and was an important personality in the group, offering teammates much more confidence. I really don't have issues with us buying him.

Alex - I generally agree with you on him, although I did accept him coming. Personally I'd have rather we'd have bought in a young defender to groom (a guy like Doria or maybe Balanta).

Armero - I agree with you on him. He's one who doesn't bother me much knowing he's a dry loan and backup to DES.

Van Ginkel - Never understood the fuss around him, he didn't really want to come and it's a dry loan. For me this was a terrible move from whichever angle you look at it, especially knowing that even if he does play well, he's gone at the end of the season.

Torres - I was amazed that he garnered interest after being signed. Anyway, he's another terrible signing for me and while he's come without a fee, his wages are astronomical knowing what the club can afford and he's generally had poor performances for a number of years now.

Menez - I feel you're harsh on Menez, as despite not being a starter he made good contributions at PSG. That said, he is a Taarabt replacement for me and should have been brought in as a joker from the bench, not a preferred starter.

Bonaventura - I think Bonaventura is one of the better signings made. That said, the expectations developing around him worries me. I feel people are expecting him to become a star and I don't think he's got it in him (a bit like Poli, I see him becoming a very useful squad player).

Inzaghi - We should at least give Pippo a chance. He's actually done reasonably well overall so far if you're prepared to look beyond friendly results and look at growth in the side. I'm not happy that he didn't demand more from the management during the summer though.

Poli - A useful squad player, though he needs to show more personality on the field.

Albertazzi - Low risk and cost even if he's unlikely to succeed, so I have no complaints with him.

Agazzi - Simply ridiculous signing.

Generally, it's a mixed bag for me with players coming in, with often my issue being the cost and age of the players involved. However, add the fact Galliani failed to sell "fodder" in the squad like Mexes, Zaccardo, Agazzi and at least 1 of Muntari or Essien the problems are compounded.

Further add to this the failed sales of players who are now out on loan like Matri, Nocerino and Robinho, players who the club still have to pay for and there's even less to feel positive about. Then there's the Cristante sale, which I've already said quite a bit on.

Looks like we agree on most players bar Rami, Menez, Lopez. Re the other players you mentioned, Poli is totally average. He does everything OK but nothing particularly well. He doesn't defend well, doesn't score/assist in other words he's Joe average. I hope with Van Ginkel/Bonaventura's signings he's relegated to the bench where he belongs.

Albertazzi and Agazzi are fodders I agree.

RE: Winter mercato January 2015 - ACM2023 - 09-12-2014

I agree with Dev on his evaluation on almost every player, except for:
1. Poli: I don't think he lacks personality; he is just not good enough. That said, I happily accept him as a squad player;
2. Muntari: Apparently I don't hate him as much as everyone else does. :d He annoys me with his lack of discipline on and off pitch, but he is miles ahead of Essien and in my opinion deserves his starting spot in the team right now.

RE: Winter mercato January 2015 - ACMILAN1983 - 09-12-2014

Come on guys, let's not devolve this debate into a "who supports Milan more or best".

(09-12-2014, 03:23 PM)Jokka Wrote: Looks like we agree on most players bar Rami, Menez, Lopez. Re the other players you mentioned, Poli is totally average. He does everything OK but nothing particularly well. He doesn't defend well, doesn't score/assist in other words he's Joe average. I hope with Van Ginkel/Bonaventura's signings he's relegated to the bench where he belongs.

Albertazzi and Agazzi are fodders I agree.

(09-12-2014, 05:14 PM)xudong Wrote: I agree with Dev on his evaluation on almost every player, except for:
1. Poli: I don't think he lacks personality; he is just not good enough. That said, I happily accept him as a squad player;
2. Muntari: Apparently I don't hate him as much as everyone else does. :d He annoys me with his lack of discipline on and off pitch, but he is miles ahead of Essien and in my opinion deserves his starting spot in the team right now.

Regarding Poli, I just want to point out that I said I consider him a bench player, albeit a useful one.