AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Winter mercato January 2015 - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Transfers (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Winter mercato January 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=759)

RE: Winter mercato January 2015 - ACM2023 - 01-09-2015

(01-09-2015, 03:28 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: Merda just bought Shaqiri and their fans are bragging about it disgustingly

well, can you blame them? if we got Shaqiri, I would be disgustingly bragging about that too. Dodgy

too bad he cost a fee, and we all know that any positive amount of fee would be a big NO-NO for Galliani however reasonable that fee is.

RE: Winter mercato January 2015 - ACMILAN1983 - 01-09-2015

There are some rumours floating about around various transfer targets. Obviously everyone is aware of the Destro rumours, while Nastasic appears to be a serious target too, initially on loan with a right to redemption. I was a fan of the Serbian back when he was in Fiorentina, though his career's stalled at City.

Depending Van Ginkel's decision and the De Jong renewal, Baselli could be signed this summer, or maybe even this January. I know JayCrisp was a fan of his, although I've not followed him too closely. His teammate, Davide Zappacosta, is also apparently being considered.

Vangioni or Pasqual are still ongoing, but Vangioni is considered too expensive at 7m and Pasqual might not come until the summer. Personally not keen on either. Davide Brivio of Verona is also being considered.

Then there's Brozovic, the only midfielder known for his more technical qualities and ability to push forward linked. However, while rumours persist, it looks more likely he'd join in the summer, if he is to join.

There were also rumours about Thiago Motta, but I read that neither Inzaghi or Galliani are convinced he's the right guy.

Saponara is rumoured to be leaving, with Bologna favourites to get him. I'm not sure if this would be a loan or sale.

Niang is also rumoured to be close to leaving. The front runners were Udinese and Newcastlle, but it appears as though he's chosen Newcastle, who want to buy him fully rather than just a loan.

All this news is available to see at Milannews, Rossoneriblog, FootballItalia or ForzaFootballItalia.

Also welcome to Sheldon. Smile I assume you mean Milan when talking about a ball playing midfielder, on which I totally agree.

(01-09-2015, 03:16 AM)nefremo Wrote: All of this time...all of these "failed" strikers. Still searching for the right one. From Pazzini, to Matri, to Torres, and now possibly Destro! Don't they ever think that maybe, JUST MAYBE, it's not the strikers that are failing. Maybe it's another department that is......

Ffs Boriello was prolific with Ronaldinho, Pirlo, Seedorf behind him. It's the Ronaldinho, Pirlo, Seedorf part that we need now. Not the Boriello part!!!!! I don't mind Destro, I've already said that I think he's a good player. But he won't solve our problems. We need midfield if we want to fight for the scudetto again!

Destro won't solve the problems, but in honesty the club do need a striker. Right now, all they have is Menez, who isn't a natural forward. Pazzini's been very lacking for a long time now and is probably going to leave (note the rumours say the Destro deal is only likely to happen if Pazzini is sold).

In that respect, I really have no issue with the Destro deal.

As with Sheldon, I do agree with you that the club is lacking behind the forward. The problem is in the midfield 3 the only player who is a recognised ball player is Montolivo. If he's not on form, the team falls apart, especially as now the game is less focused on the counterattack when compared to the start of the season.

Edit: Forgot to mention Gazzetta has apparently posted updates of the renewal situations. Abate is expected to renew without too much fuss. The club want to renew with De Jong, but there is some difficulty in finding an agreement. De Jong apparently wants a longer contract and more money than what is offered.

Mexes is also in discussion, but apparently the club aren't treating his renewal as a priority. There's more hope for a renewal since he started playing more, but it still looks very unlikely.

Essien, as confirmed by his agent, will not renew, while Abbiati, Bonera (please have mercy on us) and Pazzini (surprised about this name) are under review.

RE: Winter mercato January 2015 - nefremo - 01-09-2015

I don't have an issue with Destro, or with bringing Destro here......if we sign a midfielder too. Problem is that if we do accept these proposed terms where we have to buy him for 15mil, then we won't spend on a midfielder and nothing will be solved. So we'll have our true striker, but he'll "fail" just like the rest of them. I would like to have a true striker in the team and I've already said I think Destro is a good player. No problem there. I do have a problem with this deal though, because it would mean that we have AGAIN ignored the true needs of this team. It's an ongoing cycle for us.

Just as an example, rumors are that if Gundogan doesn't extend his deal, he'll be sold for 20-25 mil in the summer. Here we are spending 15 mil on Destro but we'll say that Gundogan is out of our reach at 20. We've been doing that for a long time now. Paying Torres 4mil a year for 2 years is costing us about 15mil.....
If only we invested all of this money we've spent on strikers a bit better......

RE: Winter mercato January 2015 - Jay Crisp - 01-09-2015

Baselli would be a good buy.But not a savior he's young talented but if hes signed and expected to be Verratti like then that wont happen.He'd be one for the future.

Nastasic is a lot closer to Schalke ATM.Loan until June with a €13.5m buyout.

Destro is mentioned a lot and rightly so most fans are saying "spend it on a midfielder" I agree.But IMO & knowing Milan as long as long as Osvaldo is free he's the more likely option.We arent going to pay €2m for a Destro loan then a further €15m in the summer.

Whatever the rumours as long as the midfield isnt improved we'll struggle upfront & in defence.

RE: Winter mercato January 2015 - Arildonardo - 01-09-2015

We keep getting linked with expensive players, don't really know why. Latest I've read about is belgian Axel Witsel from Zenit St Petersburg. €3 million for loan + €17 million option to buy. Zenit paid €40 million to Benfica when they bought him back in September 2012.

RE: Winter mercato January 2015 - ACMILAN1983 - 01-09-2015

Nastasic seems more likely to go Shalke as they'll pay outright for him, unlike Milan who want a loan.

The club is linked to Witsel, as Arildonardo mentioned. It would probably help tbh. nefremo, on investing, I agree, but it's only further indicative of the problem that the club is deeply struggling. Investment is needed in both areas and more.

RE: Winter mercato January 2015 - devoted_dm - 01-09-2015

Well, if Destro and Witsel come, all we can hope is that people at the club know something we don't in regards to our financial situation, because at the moment I find it hard to believe that we are going to buy them permanently for 32 million in the summer. That is more money than Milan has at the moment, and if it's Berlu financing it, we would be in breach of the FFP rules.

There are confirmations now, however, that Saponara is going on loan to Bologna for the rest of the season. This gives me some hope that we'll be bringing in a midfielder.

RE: Winter mercato January 2015 - Jay Crisp - 01-09-2015

The Witsel stuff is on Sportsmediaset which is crap.As for Destro , well Berlu was at Milanelloto discuss the mercato & apparently a meeting could happen with Jano Laferla lawyer of Osvaldo whos available for loan a free loan.Just think about it and Milan how Milan operate nowadays.

RE: Winter mercato January 2015 - WCmilan - 01-09-2015

So as far as our mercato goes...

I'm by no means excited by the idea of Vangioni nor Pasqual, and it's strange that we are looking for a fullback and a striker when they should be the least of our concerns. I mean, a fullback should be bought IMO because we have no efficient backup and De Sciglio has been very inconsistent, but it's not a priority. The strikers we've been linked with (Osvaldo,Immobile,Destro) are all decent players, I'd take Immobile over all three, Destro second and Osvaldo obviously last, but again we don't really need a striker. I'd rather sign two midfielders (Ex. Witsel+Baselli) than to buy a striker, though we do need a real striker.

Now, as far as possibilities go... We need to look at it this way, Saponara is on his way out, that leaves room for a player like Baselli to come in who shouldn't be that expensive IMO, and NDJ still hasn't found a renewal agreement, if he leaves that's a big wage out and it will allow us to afford Witsels wage demands. However, he will cost 17m from what I've been hearing, which isn't that much but for us we haven't spent that type of money in a long time - and I only see it being remotely possible if it's in installments of 3-4mln euros/season or whatnot. On the other hand, Destro I do see as a possibility, Berlusconi wanted to sign him before we signed Balotelli but Roma's demands were in excess of 20mln euros. He's clearly fallen out with the club and I don't doubt he'd be open to moving clubs, though 15m is still a lot of money for us we must remember that Pazzini is on his way out - so again, the wages won't be an issue but the money we pay for the player doesn't seem likely unless we do it in installments.

RE: Winter mercato January 2015 - ACM2023 - 01-09-2015

It seems that Milan and Bologna have reached an agreement for Saponara - loan with option to buy. If this deal is true, I have a feeling that we will see Saponara again pretty soon.

On another news, Milan is allegedly in negotiation for Axel Witsel, the 25 year-old Zenit St. Petersburg midfielder. The financial details could be 3 million euro for the loan payment, with redemption set at 17 million.