AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
Milan Management - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (https://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Milan Management (/showthread.php?tid=921)

RE: Milan Management - AC_Troy - 05-27-2019

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/the-wizard-of-capital-gains-who-is-luis-campos-milan-s-leonardo--69523

RE: Milan Management - am I Milan enough? - 05-27-2019

(05-27-2019, 10:41 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/the-wizard-of-capital-gains-who-is-luis-campos-milan-s-leonardo--69523

I like what I read regarding his eyes for talents, but dislike "buy cheap sell high" possibility if he joined ..this is so Arsenal, etc

Milan Management - Karl08 - 05-27-2019

There're some differences with arsenal though.

Even though they're almost all young talents, they already have a good foundation, especially after henry gone. They can consistently reach top 4 easily with the likes of young players like fabregas, van persie, all of them already introduced to EPL atmosphere when they still got henry, ljunberg, vieira, cole.

Compared to us right now, we really need to bring some champions first. Or else, these young talents would crumble from harsh criticism like locatelli

RE: Milan Management - millinarios - 05-27-2019

Losing Leonardo will hurt us bad. He is the one in our management who is a real professional, has competence for his role and also has strong ties to Milan family. I become really interested in this new Milan the day Leonardo joined the project. Why? Because with his name attached it seemed we'll have certain guarantees, like Leo would not join any lacklustre second-rate project. Him leaving means we are losing this guarantee, also the person who made this whole Elliot Milan project sound exciting. Without him I'm losing my interest in this mess. They can keep Gattuso too, I don't care at this point. Anyway probably Gazidis has no idea about the Milan identity, he just sees balance sheets that his secretary puts on his table.

Fuck Monaco and Arsenal models. THIS IS AC MILAN.

RE: Milan Management - DrDejan - 05-27-2019

(05-27-2019, 01:19 PM)millinarios Wrote: Losing Leonardo will hurt us bad. He is the one in our management who is a real professional, has competence for his role and also has strong ties to Milan family. I become really interested in this new Milan the day Leonardo joined the project. Why? Because with his name attached it seemed we'll have certain guarantees, like Leo would not join any lacklustre second-rate project. Him leaving means we are losing this guarantee, also the person who made this whole Elliot Milan project sound exciting. Without him I'm losing my interest in this mess. They can keep Gattuso too, I don't care at this point. Anyway probably Gazidis has no idea about the Milan identity, he just sees balance sheets that his secretary puts on his table.

Fuck Monaco and Arsenal models. THIS IS AC MILAN.

I agree with most of the post.
However, this AC Milan is not Milan we know. Even with Leonardo at the helm.
The results, sporting and financial, are missing. The scouting network barely exists. The culture went down the drain. In the past year nothing changed.
It’s up for debate whether this or that philosophy is better for the future or more aligned with the past. But, no single person will change the fortune. What is required is a systematic approach to change. Start building from the ground, improve the work with the young, pay attention to finances.
Whoever gets onboard and works holistically to set the club on the road to success, versus promising CL next year and greener pastures, has my vote.

Capello to Sky: “A young Milan? It would’ve been a good discussion should Milan build a new stadium so they don’t make signings like Tottenham because they need resources.”

Capello: “Milan cannot count on young players only and risk competing for midtable positions. The Rossoneri fans are used to something else. Milan need at least 2-3 players of high level.”

(05-27-2019, 03:18 PM)DrDejan Wrote: .
I agree with most of the post.
However, this AC Milan is not Milan we know. Even with Leonardo at the helm.
The results, sporting and financial, are missing. The scouting network barely exists. The culture went down the drain. In the past year nothing changed.
It’s up for debate whether this or that philosophy is better for the future or more aligned with the past. But, no single person will change the fortune. What is required is a systematic approach to change. Start building from the ground, improve the work with the young, pay attention to finances.
Whoever gets onboard and works holistically to set the club on the road to success, versus promising CL next year and greener pastures, has my vote.

We've been presented a lot of rebuild projects in the past several years. First it was Berlusconi who did not want to spend anymore and started speaking about the "Barcelona model", and how it will make Milan great again in the future. The young Italian Milan. And so on and so on. Now it is the Monaco and Arsenal model. To me this sounds like we still try to mimic other clubs instead of rediscovering our own identity and go our way. You're right, today's Milan is not the Milan we know. That Milan is lost. However I will not settle for anything less, and I won't have any comfort in the idea that Elliot is building a sustainable mid-table feeder club from Milan. We used to winning the Champions, not used to pissing blood for mere participation.

I still say that, if Elliot is not prepared to do what is necessary, they should pass the club to the arabs quickly.

Elliott is in the business of making money so I don't see how they can make a huge profit off Milan being a mid-table team. They want to significantly increase Milan's worth and if they don't think Gazidis is the right man then they'll rid of him

(05-27-2019, 04:44 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: Elliott is in the business of making money so I don't see how they can make a huge profit off Milan being a mid-table team.  They want to significantly increase Milan's worth and if they don't think Gazidis is the right man then they'll rid of him

Increasing the club value not equals to winning trophies.

(05-27-2019, 05:01 PM)millinarios Wrote: Increasing the club value not equals to winning trophies.

Again, can't significantly increase the club value being a mid-table team