AC Milan Forums - Unofficial
[Golden Generation] Who should stay, who should go? - Printable Version

+- AC Milan Forums - Unofficial (http://www.milanmania.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AC MILAN (http://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Players (http://www.milanmania.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: [Golden Generation] Who should stay, who should go? (/showthread.php?tid=99)

Pages: 1 2

[Golden Generation] Who should stay, who should go? - mzk57 - 05-08-2011

Hmmm .... It seems that there will be some big names from AC Milan will be leaving this summer. But it would interesting to know which players from the golden generation of AC Milan (2002-2007) MM fans want to continue & which who they want to say good bye to AC Milan

[Image: Massimo-Ambrosini-150x150.jpg] [Image: Gattuso.jpg] [Image: Andrea-Pirlo-Chelsea-2011-150x150.jpg]
[Image: Alessandro-Nesta-150x150.jpg] [Image: filippo-inzaghi-portsmouth-milan-highlights-150x150.jpg] [Image: Seedorf-Manchester-City-2011-150x150.jpg]

Aging doesing mean the players can be of no use.
Nesta is still world class & top top defender
Gattuso still has the fire
Pirlo still can do the trick
Ambrosini can still be important Serie-A player
Inzaghi will score in Europe, even at the age of 57
Seedorf, well ........... Sagrin Hot & Cold

RE: [Golden Generation] Who should stay, who should go? - Aficio - 05-08-2011

Keep all of them... in our hearts Grinundwech

RE: [Golden Generation] Who should stay, who should go? - ACMILAN1983 - 05-08-2011

personally I said Nesta, Pirlo, Ambro and Rino should stay (well, I think one of Rino and Ambro need to stay). Seedorf's a legend for the club, but if there was any time to let him go, I think this is it, given he's just ended on a high and is at the stage of his career where we probably can't rely on him much. Pippo is a player I love, but at his age it really is difficult to rely on him, despite the fact he does score some important goals even now.

I think Nesta's important to the side unless we find a player to take his place in defence (I don't see Mexes being that player). He's still giving so much it seems unnecessary for him to leave.

Pirlo's a valuable player despite having injuries this year, and still can offer a lot to the squad. Whilst not a leader in the dressing room like Rino or Ibra, his qualities make him a natural leader. He's also a good player for youngsters coming through, a bit like Seedorf, as he's always looking to help them grow.

One of Rino and Ambro will still be needed imo as they are the club captains, and therefore a big influence.

RE: [Golden Generation] Who should stay, who should go? - abbeyleemania - 05-08-2011

-Nesta its very hard to find a world class defender to replace Nesta...He is still great defender...so he should stay...

-Gattuso i think he should stay but yet he said that Anzhi's offer is great... 20 m euros for 3 seasons for that age is great...

-Pirlo He should leave... Allegri wants to play more defensive player at CM, so There is only place for him s LCM...However Seedorf is the real deal for LCM... Pirlo played some good games as LCM, but not enough. For CL, we need more quality in midfield trio... He is 32 years old and getting 6 m euros wages...Best time for leaving...

Seedorf- if we can sign Hernanes, there is no need to keep Seedorf...otherwise i'd keep him 1 more year, with low cost...

-Ambrosini He lost his shirt to Van Bommel... He should leave but i dont see him leaving cuz Nobody wants him...Nobody pays him 3.5 or 4 m euros like Galliani did...

-inzaghi will stay one more year...

RE: [Golden Generation] Who should stay, who should go? - theaxeofpain - 05-08-2011

Keep all of them until they retire. I just Heart all of themBig Grin

Especially Pippo just to break Raul's record.

RE: [Golden Generation] Who should stay, who should go? - mzk57 - 05-08-2011

(05-08-2011, 12:06 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: personally I said Nesta, Pirlo, Ambro and Rino should stay (well, I think one of Rino and Ambro need to stay).
I think you made a mistake in the poll. Check it again Blush

RE: [Golden Generation] Who should stay, who should go? - ACMILAN1983 - 05-08-2011

(05-08-2011, 04:13 PM)mzk57 Wrote:
(05-08-2011, 12:06 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: personally I said Nesta, Pirlo, Ambro and Rino should stay (well, I think one of Rino and Ambro need to stay).
I think you made a mistake in the poll. Check it again Blush

lol, thanks for telling me, I did misread Big Grin

RE: [Golden Generation] Who should stay, who should go? - Ace - 05-08-2011

I think all of them should stay... they are icons, they are AC Milan, they are who they are, they are our captains...

as for everyone bashing Pirlo for his performances this season, remember Seedorf last season?? and now you want Seedorf to stay and take a management role... well great Big Grin

Pirlo is fundamental for both Milan and Italy in the possession game and this season he hasn't played alongside Van Bommel(which, btw, was behind Seedorf's epic performances lately...) and we all know how deadly Pirlo can be when given freedom to go forward!! people who watch Italy know what i'm talking about Wink

Ambro, Gattuso are our captain and vice-captain enough said!!

Inzaghi even though he's old and got injured, we should still give him another season to get him back from his injury as i don't think he'll retire! letting him go would be a suicide and he's one of the players who likes being a super-sub, he's a legend...

Nesta still has it in him, maybe he won't play every game next season but he's still one of the best defenders around....

Now Imagine all of them leaving, and imagine having Ibra and Cassano as role models for the youngsters... Big Grin

RE: [Golden Generation] Who should stay, who should go? - mzk57 - 05-08-2011

The thing which I find annoying is when fans here make calculations of players wages and then estimates and the present their grand idea of using cash from transfer of certain player and investing it into another transfer deal, cutting some amount of players wages, tax issues, blahblahblah ..................

Get a life. Leave this issue to the finance department of AC Milan and the owner who is paying from his pocket. Our main concern should be the beautiful game and discussion related to it Undecided

Conclusion:
From pure football point of view, I won't mind see all of them staying and playing their parts from the bench and as back ups for younger players like Flamini, Boateng, Pato, Merkel etc. If the finance department of AC Milan has an issue with their wages, then let them deal with it Sleepy

RE: [Golden Generation] Who should stay, who should go? - tim_milan - 05-08-2011

I dont know how Nesta s on this list. He still is one of the best defenders around after Maldini and is a good leader too. I like the others as well. But keeping them at the expense of us rebuilding our squad is a big NO for me. I think they ve all served Milan well and so has Milan back to em. They shud in my opinion end their carriers with Milan on a high.