Summer Mercato 2016
I disagree. Honda's performances improved, but they still showed that he is no RW imo. The whole line up was just too "stale" and Honda was one of the reasons for this. Imo, you can't be a winger (inverted or not) and be unable to take a man on. Honda is still a central player for me. He doesn't belong out wide. He just doesn't make enough things happen in the final third. If we still rely on players of his quality, than we will still be fighting for 6th spot.

Having said all that, I would gladly sign up for Musacchio and 2 top CMs while leaving Honda out there. It's better than nothing. But I won't sign up for Sosa and Zielinski as those 2 CMs. It'll be more of the same.
I agree with Nef, I'd even go as far as to say that Honda was one of my LEAST favorite players in the entire squad last season. Very slow, and probably one of the most static players in Serie A at times. Like nefremo said, it's because he was played at RW but he's a central player. However, if we looked to play down the centre I'd look for someone better. All in all, I just don't think he has a place in this Milan, especially because he'll want to play. I admire him as a person, but as a player; I think his time is relatively up unless he's happy with being a sub.

I wouldn't be getting depressed about the mercato because we havent signed anyone yet. There's plenty of time, and the deal to sell Milan is well underway and I'm confident it will be completed. Reports say the investors as a whole will be the richest around, and likewise we'd probably be up there with PSG and Madrid etc. in spending.

In addition, if any of you watched the press conference with Montella and Galliani it brought up some interesting hints. For starters, Galliani seemed pretty depressed when he had to explain that he and Gancikoff (spelling?) would have to work together this mercato, and everything would need each others approval. That's the obvious sign that we're going to be sold during the mercato. He said that the team would be completely reinforced and we will be able to compete for any trophy starting this season. I dont take Galliani's words very seriously, but he seemed pretty confident. Personally with him spending all his time in barca/valencia etc. and meeting with Pjaca's agent in Zagreb, I personally believe a lot of deals are already in place. Once the preliminary is signed I think we'll see a lot of action and all at once.

Pjaca is one example, hopefully I'm not biting my nails tomorrow morning having found out he signed for Juventus after what I'm about to say... but the last publicly reputable source for his transfer was both Galliani's picture in Zagreb, and his agent saying his first choice is Milan for the long-term interest they've shown in him. Then suddenly everything settled, no agent talking and no player talking, and suddenly he's close to signing for Juve? I find it odd that he hasn't signed yet, since they arent in a similar situation as we are where we need to wait on the sale to go through, and as far as my knowledge I dont recall himself or his agent saying anything.

Finally, there's some further positives to take from this mercato, aside from 100-150mln euros of budget. That is, we've offloaded Mexes,Balotelli,Alex,Abbiati, and we've sold El Shaarawy. Those are massive wages cut, and on players who were deadwood (other than ELS).

Personally, if the new owners have as much money as reports say, players like Isco, Kroos, Benzema should be peanuts. Apparently the group is about 8 people according to a recent report, all billionaires with Robin Li the main man.
(07-14-2016, 07:54 PM)PerSempre Wrote: Come to think of it, I don't think we need to sign a RW. Honda's performances have greatly improved last season, and because of that I think he should stay. However, I'm not sure Honda is too keen on staying for another season, so let's say how this plays out. I'd rather we spend the money in another position, such as another midfielder.

€80M to be invested in 2-3 quality midfielders, €20M for Musacchio, and let the defense and attack stay the way it is. Top 5 should be attainable if the midfielders we get are people like Tielemans, Kovacic, Andre Gomes, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The talk now is we'll see €30m from Bacca and €50m from the Chinese so the €80m is correct apparently.Now Musacchio will cost more than€20m its likley going to end up being €25m I have no doubt we'll sign Pavoletti for €20m.Andre Gomes will cost €60m as its his release clause IIRC and theyve turned down €40m already so he's out.Tielemans would be a shrewd buy IMO and would be sold for €20m the thing is if we're the only team in for him then why wouldnt he come here.But if any ...and I mean any EPL team shows interest (and im not talking City Chelsea Arsenal im talking Palace Stoke Middlesbrough Sunderland Bournemouth Hull Watford) then hes going to choose them.Players especially young players would rather shine at a small English club for a season and move to a big English club rather than go to Italy nowadays I say Italy but I mean Milan.

Milan has lost all its pull which is evident from the rejection recently of Kondogbia Martinez Pjaca Benitez even a young player at a Small Italian team Zielinski , theyd prefer not to be part of a circus.People can say what they want but these guys have eyes and brains and more importently agents and advisors.Going to Milan was once a dream not anymore.

The English clubs are going to dominate the mercato now I still dont think theyll dominate Europe.I mean when West Ham can offer €52m for players Palace €38m Bournemouth €27m and a newly promoted team like Middlesborough can sign Subotic and Negredo then its clear where the power is.Money wise only.Theyll still stutter in Europe.

Musacchio
Pavoletti
Sosa and another midfielder of not great quality will come.The rest of the window we'll be linked with actual good mids but in the end will get a panic buy and prob in total spend near €90m to finish the same as the past 3 seasons in midtable and lose €100m.

This team is not out of money its out of ideas.I have bo doubt with even €200m to spend this summer Galliani would manage to spend it and not finish in the top 6 yet still keep his job.For Milan to even think of being anyway succesful in the future he needs to be gone.
Looks like there could be another delay for the sale of the club. Berlusconi wants to insert some more clauses, the chinese are irritated.
Will this soap ever end???
We're now linked with Arda Turan ... But reports still say we have no money. This mercato is confusing.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(07-15-2016, 10:21 AM)GeoTav Wrote: We're now linked with Arda Turan ... But reports still say we have no money. This mercato is confusing.

Galliani is like a kid in the candy shop without money.
If any of you recall, the last summer mercato also started like this.
(07-15-2016, 10:29 AM)millinarios Wrote: Galliani is like a kid in the candy shop without money.

Why doesn't he want the biggest candy ? He should ask for Messi and Ronaldo ? One on the left, one on the right.

We have no money, let's be unrealistic, but let's make it seriously ?! Okmilan
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
To think all these delays are for a PRELIMINARY agreemen and agreement to actually start negoyiating ...imagine how the acutual sale will take...23 years ?
(07-15-2016, 10:21 AM)GeoTav Wrote: We're now linked with Arda Turan ... But reports still say we have no money. This mercato is confusing.

This CLUB is confusing...