Summer Mercato 2016
Quicly approaching another lost season if mercato, even a cheap ItalMilan one, doesn't start. A cheap one needs sales and cheap replacements for all the sales, a Chinese expensive one needs a set up and training with new signings. In *both* cases we have very few confirmed players.
If only we had a half decent scouting network in place.
Personally, I am at a state where I don't really care any more about this mercato. Just let it go, I don't care how much money we do or do not have, what player we are targeting or not targeting, just whatever. We have a lot of youth on this team right now, just let them off the leash and play. I don't care if Niang is not CR7, I just want to see him play; I don't care if DES will struggle again, I just want him to own the RB spot; Mauri might not be Mascherano II, whatever, he can at least run around. Don't sign anyone, just let the kids play and show their worth to the world. If they suck, so be it.

Throughout this entire sales debacle, one thing is perfectly clear, nobody really gives a damn about the well being of Milan. Not Berlu, Galli, Chinese or whoever involved. Fine, you folks enjoy your little negotiation and take however the hell long you think this crap should take. Milan fans have better sh*t to do than sitting around and checking on the status of your idiotic negotiation all day. Milan team has better sh*t to do than sitting around and waiting for you idiots to figure out your "technicalities". Just remember, both parties at this point have burnt their bridges with the fan base and they have a very long road to redemption.
In a perfect world playing those young kids would work, but if we don't make Europe next season we're going to be further in the hole.

Tv station in China says deal done, Baidu (Robin Li's company) wouldn't rule it out, and neither would Finivest.
(07-15-2016, 03:17 PM)reza Wrote: Quicly approaching another lost season if mercato, even a cheap ItalMilan one, doesn't start. A cheap one needs sales and cheap replacements for all the sales, a Chinese expensive one needs a set up and training with new signings. In *both* cases we have very few confirmed players.

Benatia to Juve is loan with option to buy, now thats what cheap ItalMilan needs. At this timing, that clown Galliani has to assume NO SALES or whatsoever and just continue ItaMilan direction, sell before buying, etc. Unfortunately he is Galliani and this is becoming so frustrating.
I am completely expecting another disastrous market. We are already linked with Giovinco, a 33 yeard old Arbeloa, Pavoletti and on and on. Not once have we been linked to an up and coming star. Even Tielemans, is no more a hot prospect so to say, his quality is pretty much known now.

It amazes me how others big clubs wrap up transfers with so many rumors. Bayern, Juve even Barca. You hear a rumor for a day or two and bam they have signed the players. It never really happens with us. Surely lack of money is a factor, but i am putting the blame with Galliani. for once I'd like to see the bald fuck wrap up a transfer in a professional manner.

Forget sales, I am more worried about who they will sell.
(07-15-2016, 08:17 PM)WCmilan Wrote: In a perfect world playing those young kids would work, but if we don't make Europe next season we're going to be further in the hole.

Tv station in China says deal done, Baidu (Robin Li's company) wouldn't rule it out, and neither would Finivest.

Fininvest did rule out the reporr by Cginese TV.They said its not true and without foundation.
They will not spend their own money on the market as of now as they are waiting for the Chinese money. So we are in a very weird situation. I think at this point the management will only invest the money they earn from player sales.
I've generally been following the news on the market the last few days, but at this point treating most as hearsay. The rumours on Rugani though are of interest to me. I've said before that bringing him to partner Romagnoli is a big risk, I don't think it would be a disaster by any stretch, but it would be very unrealistic to expect it would instantly blossom into the potential that's there. If there's any truth to the Rugani rumours, and a part of me really wants it to happen, I think we immediately need to understand that expectations for the coming season cannot be more than aiming for EL.

A part of me wants us to spend this summer laying out the foundations for the next generation. I'm fine with aiming for EL for next season if it means we bring in guys like Rugani, Berardi (another who I'm a big fan of) and say Zielinski (most likely midfielder at this point). They're all 21-22, but along with Romagnoli, DES, Donnarumma and hopefully Locatelli in the not too distant future, you can see the spine of the team being built. Around them, for this season we have a generation of more senior players that I'd be ok with giving trust, guys like Bonaventura, Montolivo (I don't think he'll be anything less than a regular starter), Abate, Antonelli and Honda. Add a couple more solid experienced names to that list, given I don't expect us to just buy young talents, and I think we'll be set with a nice balance. If we spend to lay the foundations this summer, then what I'd like to see is when we have both money and time, we go all out and start pushing for more senior stars to fill in the gaps we have and really elevate this team.

I think we've seen at times, most recently against Juve in the Coppa, that this team on it's day, even with all its limitations, can play good football. I don't see the young names I mention offering anything less, I'd fully expect they can come in and bring quality. With them and a couple of more senior additions, I don't think we'd be a bad shout for EL at the least, I'd probably hope that we could push towards a CL spot if we can find a good balance.
I think Romagnoli needs an explosive, fast, physical CB next to him. Rugani is kind of the opposite of that and very similar to Romagnoli. I'm not saying it won't work, but I definitely think we should be aiming for a different kind. In that aspect, it makes a lot of sense as to why we are after Musacchio. He fits the bill.

Having said all of that, you can't really say NO to the possibility of having the 2 most promising Italian CBs today...so I wouldn't complain if we got Rugani.